Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sword Long Can short pips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sword Long Can short pips
    Posted: 09/27/2014 at 12:42pm
This SP is designed and advised by Olympic Champion Chen Longcan. Also, it is accepted by some professional team players. It is suitable for glue banned and new ball.

Edited by Johnny1996 - 10/01/2014 at 5:42am
Sponsored Links

nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 1:08pm
Resemble Armstrong Attack 8EXX , what is the height of the pips ?
Butterfly Boll Tricarbon off , FH- Armstrong Attack 8 PZC-SP EX-X- 4.0 , RPB-Butterfly Tenergy 80-FX- max
video-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vx5
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 2:17pm
Looks like 802-40
nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 3:03pm
Agree! Horizontal pimples
802-40

Butterfly Boll Tricarbon off , FH- Armstrong Attack 8 PZC-SP EX-X- 4.0 , RPB-Butterfly Tenergy 80-FX- max
nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 3:06pm
ARMSTRONG Attack 8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 8:30pm
Longcan is a short pips. It is completely different from A8 and slightly different from 802-40.

A8 is a medium pips with 1.2 mm in height and a so called raw pips in china.

802-40 and Longcan are similiar that both are shorts pips ( so called cooked pips in china). But, the pips shape is different.

Edited by Johnny1996 - 09/27/2014 at 8:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Looks like 802-40

To certain extend, they are different in term of characteristics. 802-40 is close to inverted rubber.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 8:47pm
so this a grippy sp rubber with a tenergy like sponge? how does it compare with haifu dolphin?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 10:23pm
Long Can is just a non-glue sponge without tensor effect which is totally unlike Tenergy. the sponge is soft and easy to control. the speed is not high. 

To compare Dolphin, Dolphin is turned version with great sound and tensor effect. if u use Long Can, suggest to use with booster.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Johnny1996 Johnny1996 wrote:

Long Can is just a non-glue sponge without tensor effect which is totally unlike Tenergy. the sponge is soft and easy to control. the speed is not high. 

To compare Dolphin, Dolphin is turned version with great sound and tensor effect. if u use Long Can, suggest to use with booster.

If that's the case, the Long Can sponge is very misleading in appearance.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 12:12am

Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

they are completely different in price. Longcan is inexpensive. sponge in red does not mean that it equals to tenergy. tenergy is glued before in the market.

Edited by Johnny1996 - 09/28/2014 at 12:20am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 4:19am

Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

they are completely different in price. Longcan is inexpensive. sponge in red does not mean that it equals to tenergy. tenergy is glued before in the market.

the shape of 802-40 is conical  and this pips is like conical-cylinder, this pip will be more knuckle effect, any pic out there of dolphin?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 10:03am
Longcan is a combination between Cynlinder and Ladder shape. 802-40 is ladder shape. the knuckle effect of Longcan is higher.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 11:46am

Longcan is a combination between Cynlinder and Ladder shape. 802-40 is ladder shape. the knuckle effect of Longcan is higher.

have you tried longcan? or you think it would play that way based on the shape, OTOH  longcan played with globe 889 in his prime, what pips are you tried lately? or think it worth playing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 2:10am

yes, i played 2 versions of Longcan with different outcomes. Including market version of Longcan ( red sponge), i also use custom made Longcan with different color of sponges.

Edited by Johnny1996 - 09/30/2014 at 2:13am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 8:27pm

yes, i played 2 versions of Longcan with different outcomes. Including market version of Longcan ( red sponge), i also use custom made Longcan with different color of sponges.

whats the experience of playing with long can? where do you get that pips? 
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 9:21pm
I would assume sponges are different hardness, what are they and what one do you use?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

now, i played 2 combinations.
1) Komann HC Max ( used by Jiang Jialiang, hard ALC blade) + market version of Longcan ( red sponge)
--> high speed
--> high knuckle effect
above characteristics may be caused by the hard ALC blade

2) Sword Blue Tan ( one of the series of Tan Ruiwu, hard 7 ply blade) + custom made version of Longcan ( green ESN sponge)
--> speed ok
--> low knuckle effect
--> high spin in loop
--> characteristics like inverted rubber
this combination is still under testing.

for market version of Longcan ( red sponge), it can be bought in Taobao ( honestly inexpensive)
for custom made version of Longcan, i specially requested Sword to produce including green ESN sponge, orange tensor sponge and purple tensor sponge.

Edited by Johnny1996 - 09/30/2014 at 10:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

I would assume sponges are different hardness, what are they and what one do you use?
yes, they are in different hardness.

for hard to soft,
1) green ( ESN sponge)
2) orange ( tensor)
3) purple ( tensor)

now, i only play red sponge ( market version) and the green one. red sponge is satisfied. for green one, it is still under testing ( refer above post)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 4:42am

the red one is market version.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 12:38pm

the red one is market version.

let me get this: sword can sell just one rubber or just one sponge(green) how can i contact sword?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 11:11pm
normally, sword sells SP rubber ( top sheet + sponge).  red sponge is the standard  combination  of Longcan. there are more than 10 types of sponges.  i guess u can buy sponge only. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 1:36am

1) Komann HC Max ( used by Jiang Jialiang, hard ALC blade) + market version of Longcan ( red sponge)
--> high speed
--> high knuckle effect

2) Sword Blue Tan ( one of the series of Tan Ruiwu, hard 7 ply blade) + custom made version of Longcan ( green ESN sponge)
--> speed ok
--> low knuckle effect
--> high spin in loop

for market version of Longcan ( red sponge), it can be bought in Taobao ( honestly inexpensive)
for custom made version of Longcan, i specially requested Sword to produce including green ESN sponge, orange tensor sponge and purple tensor sponge.

hi johny1996 whats is ALC blade?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 9:47am

--> high speed
--> high knuckle effect

--> speed ok
--> low knuckle effect
--> high spin in loop

hi johny1996 whats is ALC blade?

5 wood +2 Arylate carbon blade 
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 9:20pm
This short pips sounds interesting. Couple of questions and hope for some insightful answers. Thanks

I am using Stiga clippa 2.0 on my backhand

a. Is the short pips itself soft compared to Stiga Clippa. I want to get a softer short pips for more control.

b. Does the long can have better control or the same control as the Stiga Clippa

c. How is the speed and spin compared to Stiga Clippa.
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic