Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 [17th] Asian Games [VIDEOS HD]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 1:44pm
Well, Joo also chops with his inverted side from forehand. So, strictly he is not 100% pips chopper.
=============================

All choppers, with pips on BH, when the ball comes to FH side, they attack or chop with FH inverted.
skip3119
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 2:26pm
The lefty is a factor. When your forehand is always going naturally into the chop, you are making most of your loops in your preferred direction. There are left handers who do not play chop well, but note that this also helps Boll vs. choppers and Chen Qi too.

On the power thing, the element that Xu Xin has isn't so much the power, but that he can repeatedly sidespin into the chop. This is much harder to consistently get action on for the chopper. Finally, his defence is good enough to contain Joo when Joo switches. Even Ma Long acts surprised when Joo attacks. For Xu Xin, hee expects Joo to attack because Joo has no chance.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The lefty is a factor. When your forehand is always going naturally into the chop, you are making most of your loops in your preferred direction. There are left handers who do not play chop well, but note that this also helps Boll vs. choppers and Chen Qi too.

On the power thing, the element that Xu Xin has isn't so much the power, but that he can repeatedly sidespin into the chop. This is much harder to consistently get action on for the chopper. Finally, his defence is good enough to contain Joo when Joo switches. Even Ma Long acts surprised when Joo attacks. For Xu Xin, hee expects Joo to attack because Joo has no chance.
==============================

That makes sense.
XX is not a stronger player than ML.
ML can beat Joo for sure, but can not kill Joo bad.
XX kills Joo pretty bad, Joo had no chance.
=============================

Now, about another pips chopper:

Shiono Masato gave Dima a hard time (their last match), Dima came back from behind in the 7th game and won.  Dima lucked out.

Can Masato gives XX a hard time (same as he gave to Dima) if they should play down the road? They have never played before.

My guess is "No".  What is your opinion?
skip3119
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 3:07pm
My guess is no. Beating chopper is not about power. It is about control and being able to set up the chopper, then power. Xu Xin has extremelu conaistent set up shot.

Edited by NextLevel - 10/06/2014 at 3:09pm
Cybershape Carbon
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 3:14pm
Its kind of ironic that Chinese men all have beautiful strokes, and Euro men have mostly ugly chicken wing swings, but when its comes to women, its the other way around. There are quite a few euro women with good looking strokes, and not one chinese gal. Yes, Eli Samara has great strokes, and so does Daniela Dodean. But I've seen more, whose names I can't remember, but I've seen matches where the rally and the strokes look like a male match - full swing, good power.

By the way, to compare ZJK's BH to that of chinese women is a complete disgrace. That is a bit too much of a dumb comment. Give ZJK a lose ball, and he will decapitate you. He loads it up with so much power that it looks scary. And when he has time his backswing flexes his entire body, he compresses and decompresses like a jumping cat. Even on serve receive he manages to put a decent back swing. That's why he has the spinniest serve receive in the world. I remember his match with WLQ at WTTC 2011. His BH was absolutely monstrous, completely demoralizing to opponent. 
To compare ZJK's BH to the chinese girls, really, it means that you don't understand nothing or don't care what you are saying.

Edited by assiduous - 10/06/2014 at 3:16pm
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 3:28pm
I like the jumping cat analogy!

But, think about this:
  1. No other team compartmentalizes / robotisizes the kinds of strokes their players (right from when they're very young) may or may not use as much as the CNT does
  2. While designing what strokes their players should use, the CNT coaching brass probably put effectiveness over elegance
  3. The CNT head women's coach, in my opinion, had more elegant strokes than the CNT men's head coach

All's I'm sayin' is: give them the benefit of the doubt - they probably know what they're doing & we minions probably just don't know the 'Why'.

Edited by slevin - 10/06/2014 at 3:29pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 4:04pm
What is really pathetic is that the European women are using the exact same chicken wing strokes that Sid insults the top European men for.
Cybershape Carbon
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

All's I'm sayin' is: give them the benefit of the doubt - they probably know what they're doing & we minions probably just don't know the 'Why'.

There is no doubt here, no speculation. Just two facts. Chinese women are the best (1). I have never seen anyone dispute that. But Chinese women have strokes, that while being effective, are aesthetically hideous. This is just a fact, completely independent from them being good. Where is the video of that girl from Vietnam that we watched recently? Pure beauty. You can't tell me her strokes don't look better than anybody on CNT.

Edited by assiduous - 10/06/2014 at 4:49pm
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 5:46pm
So if I go rob a bank and don't get caught, I didn't cheat right? How about if I poison my opponent? As I already mentioned, there is nothing wrong with cheating, using underhand tactics, illegal serves, stalling, poisoning. However, it's not my cup of tea. 

Originally posted by RPB23 RPB23 wrote:

Agree. 

Any sports with referees, you can not label players cheater as ultimately it is referee's job to make a call. A player has the right to raise a question or challenge, but it is the referee who makes the final decision.

Plus, the effect of that  incident in the third game was moot as Fan won the game.

This is analogous to legal system. Judges/jurors make the decision, not the prosecutors or defenders. Even lawyers who's job are to find loopholes in the law are not labeled cheaters.  

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

Originally posted by janus700 janus700 wrote:

[October 4] # MS-Final: XU Xin Vs FAN Zhendong [HD] [Full match/Chinese]

I didn't like xu xin's cheating and stalling. I respect cheaters and stallers, nothing wrong with doing whatever it takes. However, it's not my cup of tea. I prefer to watch the raw passion and relentless attacking of Fan Zhen Dong. I am hereby a member of the FAN ZHEN DONG IS THE BOSS fan club!

I wouldn't say that XX was cheating. It is hard to judge a ball is on the edge or on the side anyway.  Stalling is annoying, but appears to be a  legal tactic in the tournament. 

RPB23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPB23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 9:27am
Totally Improper analogy.

Anyway, I don't label a player questioning a likely edgy shot as a cheater, especially there is no evidence that this player had been involved in similar complains repeatedly.  I'd like to think most players, even very competitive ones, at heart, are fair and decent people.

[QUOTE=popperlocker]
So if I go rob a bank and don't get caught, I didn't cheat right? How about if I poison my opponent? As I already mentioned, there is nothing wrong with cheating, using underhand tactics, illegal serves, stalling, poisoning. However, it's not my cup of tea. 

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 11:00am
Hm... XX had disputed edge calls before. That alone obviously is OK, except when I saw him do that, at least a couple of times, he missed the edge by quite a bit and lost the point. He got his way vs. FZD this time though.

Originally posted by RPB23 RPB23 wrote:

Totally Improper analogy.

Anyway, I don't label a player questioning a likely edgy shot as a cheater, especially there is no evidence that this player had been involved in similar complains repeatedly.  I'd like to think most players, even very competitive ones, at heart, are fair and decent people.

[QUOTE=popperlocker]

Pushdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 11:07am
If FZD had got that point who knows maybe he could have won the match. He would have won at 11-8 instead of getting to deuce. Maybe that would have boosted his confidence just enough to win the next game.
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 11:09am
The Ma Long Joo Sae Hyuk match was epic! I am a ML fan but I was rooting for JSH the whole time. My dad and I were glued to the screen. Much respect for JSH. :)
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 11:38am
Have you seen Timo Boll not shake hands after the match? He's as good a sportsman as you will find. 

Well I saw him get into a dispute with XX, and Timo looked 100% sure. The referee asked XX if he admits the error, but XX denied. Timo was up 3:1, but lost that game, and ended up losing the match.

After the last point he refused to shake hands.

I saw a similar situation happen between XX and WLQ, and XX was on the wrong side of the call again. He won that game, but WLQ ended up winning 4:3 after highest drama. 

Not an honest player this XX fella..
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Have you seen Timo Boll not shake hands after the match? He's as good a sportsman as you will find. 

Well I saw him get into a dispute with XX, and Timo looked 100% sure. The referee asked XX if he admits the error, but XX denied. Timo was up 3:1, but lost that game, and ended up losing the match.

I saw a similar situation happen between XX and WLQ, and XX was on the wrong side of the call again. He won that game, but WLQ ended up winning 4:3 after highest drama. 

he is a dishonest moron
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

LET'S LIVE AND SEE...

Just communicated with a celebrity boy, Kirill Tarasenko 16yo, participant for Kazakhstam Noc at the Asian Game table tennis events.

He confirmed that the ball in use was CHAMPION celluloid Korea-made. The ball to be scarcely found someplace on Europa-America market, but on Asian region markets only.

I admire very much to see if XU Xin is good enough to gain a golden glory with hard plastic DHS as much as he did with celluloid mild-soft meterial.
   World Men's Cup oncoming next week will be an answer.    

so,you means there still using 40 ball?not 40+ ball
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

slowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 5:53pm

YouTube video?

Feedback
Viscaria
FH: H3 NEO
BH: T05
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

so,you means there still using 40 ball?not 40+ ball

Yes. XX will be remembered as the last winner of celluloid era.

Does table tennis umpire need to pass any stringent eye sight and hearing test? Most are not young by the look. With today's technology I do believe it is needed to maintain fair play without any human error intervention. An international level game's outcome should never be relying on one's integrity or words.

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 11:51pm

===============================

Assiduous:  Please provide the video.

Btw, another forum member "slowman (of Canada)" also asked you to provide the youtube video.
skip3119
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 4:08am
[Youtube Playlist] 24 Videos/Matches of this Great TT-Event

Edited by janus700 - 10/08/2014 at 10:09am
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 10:06am
The previous Playlist updated with 2 private recordings from MT Preliminary Round: 

# CHINA Vs SINGAPORE: 3-2
1. Zhang Jike - Li Hu 
2. FAN Zhendong - Chen Feng: 2-3
3. Ma Long - Chew Zhe Yu Clarence: 3-0
4. Fan Zhendong - Li Hu: 2-3
5 Zhang Jike - Chen Feng

[game 1]

[game 5]

Edited by janus700 - 10/09/2014 at 5:13am
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 12:38pm
Can't thank you enough janus700!
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

========================

Me too.
skip3119
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 5:15pm
Any theory why Fan ZD performed so poor in this round?
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by The Observer The Observer wrote:

Any theory why Fan ZD performed so poor in this round?
===================================

Fan Zhendong vs Xu Xin, they played 13 times. (According to Ratings Central.)

Fan won 4 times but lost 9 times against Xu Xin.

Edited by skip3119 - 10/08/2014 at 5:25pm
skip3119
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

========================

Me too.

Smile You're very kind! Thanks to both of you!
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 9:24pm
Skip,
I was talking about why Fan Zhendong lost to two lowly SIN players.

Edited by The Observer - 10/08/2014 at 9:25pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 10:07pm

Skip,
The Observer:
My apology.  I thought you were talking about FZD's loss to Xu Xin.
Xu Xin has a history of beating FZD more than FZD beat him.
----------------------------------------------------------

As to FZD's loss to Li Hu and Chen Feng, I don't know how that could happen.
FZD is ranked #2 in the world in the latest ITTF ranking.

Note:  Li Hu, ITTF #80.   Chen Feng, ITTF #103.

Edited by skip3119 - 10/08/2014 at 10:50pm
skip3119
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2014 at 2:20am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Skip,

The Observer:
My apology.  I thought you were talking about FZD's loss to Xu Xin.
Xu Xin has a history of beating FZD more than FZD beat him.
----------------------------------------------------------

<font size="3" color="#0000ff">As to FZD's loss to Li Hu and Chen Feng, I don't know how that could happen.
<font size="3" color="#0000ff">FZD is ranked #2 in the world in the latest ITTF ranking.
<font size="3" color="#0000ff">
Note:  Li Hu, ITTF #80.   Chen Feng, ITTF #103.

hi,any video>

Thanks
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2014 at 9:03am
Ma long and ZJK are likely in the LGL's list for the next Olympic game. He would probably pick XX or FZD depending on their performance. XX and FZD are likely in the 2020 Olympic games. One of ML and ZJK might have retired at that time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic