Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy and new plastic balls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy and new plastic balls
    Posted: 10/02/2014 at 7:02am
During the celluloid ball era , T05 (mainly) and T64 were the most popular Tenergys among PROs. 
Have you seen any other Tenergy preference during the plastic ball era?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Sponsored Links

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 2:46am
Many say that T05 is not fast enough for the plastic ball. Do you think so?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 6:43am
Stavro exeis dokimasei tis kainouries mpales?I don't have any personal experience with new balls unfortunately.Stavros, is the new balls slower than the older cel. balls as it is said?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 7:52am
much slower stratara and has less spin.
el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 7:53am
Originally posted by el gato el gato wrote:

much slower stratara and has less spin.
and also lower arc.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 7:58am
Geia sou Giannh filaraki!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 8:02am
GIA soy Strato !!!!
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 1:39pm

Bah humbug, T05 is plenty fast for new ball, it's the spin is slightly less. Strong stroke yields strong results.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 8:14pm
I would say both Tenergy 05 and 64 worked better with the old celluloid ball, maybe it's just me but I felt like I didn't get the spin i wanted with the new ball. Someone that feels the same way? 
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 9:16pm
Everything works better with the celluloid ball. The new ball has less spin and drops faster, it's s simple downgrade. Equipment is not affected however, because the change in ball affects all (inverted) rubbers equally. They all lose spin.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 1:38am
What else will the ITTF do for the companies to make money...Don't tell me that ITTF didn't put the new ball era in our lifes for not to change our equipment and the companies make money...
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

Everything works better with the celluloid ball. The new ball has less spin and drops faster, it's s simple downgrade. Equipment is not affected however, because the change in ball affects all (inverted) rubbers equally. They all lose spin.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with you, there are many different balls and some of them are better then other. However I have played with several rubbers that i not think have been affected negative with the new ball. 
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 11:51am
It's impossible for a rubber to not be change by the new ball. Physics doesn't work like that. If the ball is larger it's physical properties change, no rubber is going to ignore that. Perhaps you mean that some rubbers with very high spin seemed to retain high spin?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 11:54am
Plastic ball era has just began so we cant say which rubbers will prevail... give it time.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 1:54pm

It's impossible for a rubber to not be change by the new ball. Physics doesn't work like that. If the ball is larger it's physical properties change, no rubber is going to ignore that. Perhaps you mean that some rubbers with very high spin seemed to retain high spin?

Yeah exactly. I have felt a difference but not in a negative way. Smile
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Many say that T05 is not fast enough for the plastic ball. Do you think so?

No its fine once you get used to the timing.
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 1:10pm
All,

A few weeks ago, I tested the plastic ball with H3 Provincial on FH and short pips on backhand with M. Maze.  It's definitely slower.  It seems to have longer dwell time on the racquet.

Between pips and inverted, I will say that pips have more advantages since I didn't have adjust much.  I am thinking about going short pips on both sides.  If we hit the ball back and forth will not give us the full effect of this ball.  As I always say, the true test is at the tournament, so I will probably do that for the first time at the Team tournament this year in D.C.  I will use short pips on both sides (still thinking if I should).

I will let you all know...
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 2:45pm
My experience has been that Thinner inverted Sponge (1.7 and maybe even Less) is where I might go.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 4:33am
I've been playing some training with plastic balls and I want to share my point of view.

Don't you think that almost each rubber performs in more constant way? Each kind of shot is just much more predictable. We change kind of pressure here in whole table tennis.
With cellu ball during a shot you have to consider a lot more factors maybe because it has worst balance than a good, selected polly ball. 

The new ball stays on rubber for quite longer period of time. 
Try to push two different kind of balls the old and new one into a rubber with hands. Polly goes dipper than cellu before malfolmation. Also flight path of new ball is more predictable for the brain.

Spin is less, well also in general speed is less also, surely when new ball has to travel a little bit longer distance it drops in predictable way, my friends and I told in some expressions that polly ball behave like a potato - it goes like a granade :) 

There is no more 4 shots in a row that you block out off the table from your opponent as you learn to read the ball just quickier. It is possible to end a point in one shot but now your own effort pays off. There is no more wrist-snappy shots which goes like a thunder - there is no power monion = no power shots. You move, you gain. 

LP?Antis? Misreading their returns? If with cellu you were afraid of what's going on your side after LP/Anti hit, now you can loop it back. Wobbles changed into knuckles.
Now the rally between offensive and defensive player can easily turn into great one. Number of recieved balls greatly increased. I checked palio ck531a so new-'frictionless...' lp and curl p1-r and the second one is greatly better in playing with polly ball. You can vary the spin as you want as feel is better so the easines come with recieving and decieving the attacker. As for sure there is less mistakes for both players.

Summarizing what I've got here it's downgrade in speed and spin and benefit in control. Now performance of any rubber is closer to each other - lp, antis lose some of their abilities however sp feels great as you can blasts like a train with it. Anyway, there is no problem in misreading spin in those blasts, if you are fast enough to make your shot it goes right back to the opponent. For me, looking fair if you are an athlete you can outrun slower opponent. 

After everything I've experienced the new ball is much more balanced and consistent than an old one. There is just a need to get used to it and find benefits from it for your own game. 

vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 6:23am
Pros are already playing with plastic balls. They are still playing with Tenergy. I guess you have your answer :
Tenergy will continue to be king, even with P-balls. 

Edited by vivan4tt - 12/12/2014 at 6:23am
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
bobloiy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobloiy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 8:29am
Does anyone think that players will change to more carbon blades? I think the new Ma Long blade has two layers of carbon in it, and I've seen players from my area (2300) that changed from a Korbel to a Viscaria because of the new ball.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 10:22am
I'll probably try switching from T05FX on the backhand to regular T05.  Doesn't that seem like a logical first step?
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 10:38am

Exactly!

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 11:18am
if was "mr butterfly", i  would stop all the tenergy and launch:

T05P/T05PFX/T64P/T64PFX/T25P/T25PFX/T80P/T80PFX

with new sponge color(s)

and of course 56€90 ---> 66€90
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 1:36pm
I played a tournament with Joola p-balls (and I played really well at that), T05 works just fine. I had no issue putting the ball away, including on mid-distance rallies.

I'm sure the Ts can and will be further tuned to the physical properties of the new ball, but they're perfectly fine as they are.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic