Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Basaltec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Luca abbatiello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Basaltec
    Posted: 10/06/2014 at 4:11am
Hi,
I'd like to get some more information about Nittaku Basaltec blade, comparing the various Alc, SuperZlc, ecc... Sweet spot, topspin, block? Why the choose of basalt fibers? Some advantage? 
Luca
Sponsored Links

rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 6:56am
I have and use the Basaltec Outer, TB ALC, and ZJK ZLC (not SZLC). BO is a little slower and a lot dwellier than the other two, but still can put shots away with power.  People that like the crisp koto feel would probably not enjoy the feel of the Nittaku. I like the results I'm getting with the BO so I put up with the mushy/crunchy feel. It pairs well with softer rubbers.  The Acuda S1 Turbo I'm using on BH was made for this blade.  I'm using 1QXD on FH and it's pretty darn good but I would like to go a notch softer there sometime in the future.

Sweet spot - pretty similar
BO~=ZLC~=ALC
Block - clear advantage to the BTYs, less dwell, more energy returned
ZLC>ALC>BO
Spin - big step up from BTYs
BO>ALC>ZLC
Touch shots - so much easier with the BO
BO>ALC>ZLC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 7:08am
It's not stiff enough to block easily? 
Luca
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Luca abbatiello Luca abbatiello wrote:

It's not stiff enough to block easily? 

If you're measuring success in blocking as you can get the ball back, it's more than fine in this dimension.  If you're measuring success in block as you can have sharp placement and great speed off of the block, it's not as good as the ALC/ZLC blades.  Those are more efficient at returning the energy of the incoming ball and I end up with more winners off the block with them. 

The BO can block fine but a passive block simply isn't as dangerous. 

If you tend to have good position, fast strokes and good timing then I think the BTY blades would suit you best and they surely are fun to play regardless.  If you are like me, and imperfect more often than not, the BO is more forgiving and versatile but still rewards you when the position, stroke and timing are good.  I wouldn't get hung up on blocking as the key difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 8:10am
I actually play with Acoustic and played Viscaria. Acoustic has better control in general, but when i block on the table  (passively or actively), the blade has some vibrations (they decrease if I'm at mid distance). I try a blade without vibrations, but not fast as Viscaria. 
Luca
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 8:41am
I think the BO would be a good match speed-wise and there's no vibration.  

You might also like the Xiom Vega Pro.  It's far less money than the BO and closer to the feel of the BTY blades.  Good power, good touch, maybe in between the BO and TB ALC in terms of forgiveness, dwell and spin.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 9:58am
Vega pro or vega Europe?
Luca

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 10:36am
Soulspin produces Basalt 6 blade. It's possible that is Nittaku basaltec?
Luca
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 9:39pm
Soulspin makes the Meister series for Nittaku. I think the composition is more like BI rather than BO, but not 100% sure. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic