Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best way to transition to 40+ balls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 9:45pm
My club is still mostly using celluloid but I'd estimate about a third of the members have tried the poly ball.  I've only seen the Nittaku SHA used and that's the only one I've tried.  I decided to run a "blind test" to see if anyone would even realize they were playing with a poly.  Surprisingly, nobody even said anything or complained despite the fact they were missing shots.  It was not psychological.  There was one guy however that detected right away that it was a poly.  He is usually a more aggressive Chen Weixing type player but right at the warm-up, he knew we were playing poly.  He went to a steady rather than aggressive mode right away.  So this is one way to adapt, slow your game down and find your put away shots more.  I know that's no fun but it'll up your chances of winning.
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:02pm
Has anyone done a detailed review of the butterfly 3* plastic 40+ along with the yasaka 40+ 3*. Both plastic with seams.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Its gonna be easier to get 'in', harder to find a window, and another step in the favour of youth/athleticism, over brains.
 Baal definitely hits the spot with serves.
Thank heavens. It's not "cool" to see most clubs being own3d by kill3r grandpas. This will give our young ones a fighting chance, and maybe they will play more TT instead of playing computer games all night because they're saltly from getting owned by a grandpa at the club.
It's not too late for you and me to switch to short pips or chess :)
Let the young muscles use the expensive Tenergy. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 11:56am
Actually a lot of the players I know who are past their first blush of youth are telling me they like the extra time they have to get in position but they also say they need to get more fit.  Kind of a mixed bag.

Dreiz, I have not tried one (Btfly 40+).  Has it come out yet?  If they are made in China, than they will be the same as either DF or DHS.

BeaverMD, you don't get used to them right away.  At this point now, for me it's just table tennis pretty much with any of them but it's been three months.  My advice above is for how to get used to them quicker.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic