FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Acoustic Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Acoustic Carbon
    Posted: 10/18/2014 at 4:28am
Hi all,

I just received my Acoustic Carbon.  On the blade, it says: "Built-in Carbon Outside".  Is it supposed to be "Inside"?  Am I missing something?
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Sponsored Links

tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 6:03am
The Acoustic Carbon is a 7 ply blade, the carbon layers are in the outer layer instead of the layer closest to the core of the blade, that is in the 2nd layer from the core instead of the 1st. Slightly confusing wording though :)
tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 12:04am
how was it? how do you fine acoustic carbon?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon/Gold LIDU/T64
Nittaku Latika Carbon/RakzaX/T80
JM SZLC (on the shelf)
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2014 at 12:00am
Originally posted by tabletennis11 tabletennis11 wrote:

The Acoustic Carbon is a 7 ply blade, the carbon layers are in the outer layer instead of the layer closest to the core of the blade, that is in the 2nd layer from the core instead of the 1st. Slightly confusing wording though :)

Thanks for your response.  With all due respect to Nittaku, I don't think it was a good way to say "Built-in Carbon Outside".  When the play hold the blade, it's more acceptable to use the word "Inside" than "Outside".  In any case, it's just funny to me how it said.  It's a wonderfully blade.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2014 at 12:01am
Originally posted by tron52 tron52 wrote:

how was it? how do you fine acoustic carbon?

I bought it from PaddlePalace.com.  It's a wonderfully blade.  It's really good for plastic ball.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2014 at 10:28am
got mine in the mail todayBig smile;can't play till tomorrow nightUnhappy. did the comparisons that I could (without playing) vs. barwell fleet it is a bit more head heavy and more crisp and faster, vs. zxi it is slower.  BTW, the zxi which I found a bit fast and have put aside till last week, works well with 40+ balls which slows it down - could easily flat kill anything near net height and holds its own on topspin. The AC should be OK, fingers crossed.
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 10:04pm
All stiff and fast blades come very handy now.  They work well for 40+ balls.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 11:20pm
played briefly with the AC tonight.  Rasant  Turbo FH, Airoc M BH.  The magic grip effect is very apparent ,more so than the Barwell Fleet.  Best counter looping blade I have used: smooth, fast and spiny.  although capable on a flat kill, it is not so easy to finish the point on first try.
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 12:18am
My experience is somewhat the same; however, I found that the smashes are not that bad.  Check this link for review => http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68812&title=perfect-weapons-for-poly-balls-acoustic-carbon

Edited by speedy - 10/23/2014 at 12:18am
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

My experience is somewhat the same; however, I found that the smashes are not that bad.  Check this link for review => http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68812&title=perfect-weapons-for-poly-balls-acoustic-carbon
I read that when it came out.  As for the flat kill, it is at least on par with the Barwell Fleet, but not as easy as a fast carbon blade, as the AC was designed to be a slow carbon blade.  I am going to train tonight (vs. playing games) and should be able to assess whether it is better than the BF in that department.  At worst, it should still be tolerable.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 1:07pm
final assessment for the AC on flat kills, no easy points, just OK
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

BTW, it also depends on your rubbers.  But for me, flat hit is my natural shot, so I can hit and I will find a way to hit no matter what blade in my hand.  As far as I can see, AC doesn't provide the fast test flat hit, but it has decent shots to win points.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2014 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

BTW, it also depends on your rubbers.  But for me, flat hit is my natural shot, so I can hit and I will find a way to hit no matter what blade in my hand.  As far as I can see, AC doesn't provide the fast test flat hit, but it has decent shots to win points.
Flat hit used to be my best shot by far. mine is still better than most player's (relative to their top spin).  I found a fast relaxed  stroke with the AC achieves better results than a weighty kill.  What works better for you with the AC?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic