Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 & the plastic ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 & the plastic ball
    Posted: 10/21/2014 at 6:38pm
Sorry, don't know if there's an existing thread on this topic.

I'd like to see comments by H3 users on their relative performance with the plastic ball. 

I played in my 1st plastic-ball-league-night and noticed that a H3 / Viscaria opponent's loops were much less spinny than usual (ie: vs the celluloid ball). He does not boost.

I did not notice anything that unusual against opponents using Tenergy (who mostly use the sponge instead of topsheet for spin).

I've moved away from H3 back to T05 (reluctantly) as I've moved to a harder blade (from Barwell to MJ) for better catapult (needed from mid-distance against the new ball). So, I haven't had the chance to try see the difference myself.

In other words, is H8 required or is H3 just fine?
Sponsored Links

Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2014 at 6:52pm
H3 should be totally good. I tested it as well, the plastic ball is in general a little bit less spinny and probably you have to hit harder for half distances game to get to the same speed as before. But H3 works pretty well with the plastic ball, I really doubt its going to affect your game. Maybe just a little bit more boosting is necessary an the a degree harder? But even this is very specific, like I said I doubt ppl are going to feel this H3 works very well with the plastic ball. Switching to T05 on the other hand is something completely different... If youre fine with your H3 then dont switch. 

Still when it comes to the blade I prefer for chinese rubbers very hard pure wood blades. I had this last test of a speed glued Globe 999 with a carbon blade, doesnt matter how fast your arm stroke works, not as spinny as pure wood and H3. 

So if youre having problems with spin change to an pure wood blade (but still hard bat of course) instead of switching the rubber. If youre having trouble with speed I recommend to boost it. A H3 with 3-4 layers of Haifu or Dianchi is like a sticky T05 with way more dynmaic, this is bred and butter! 
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 12:58am
i was wondering about that too after i moved off h3 and trying to sell off my stocks. i will probably put one back on next.

re plastic ball, first i thought to move to faster equipment since it drifts shorter and moves slower

but then the other thing was that at lower gear, the initial loops required more effort to spin so i thought of going back to h3 to see if it's better.

i will update later. i think the lower throw reported by schen may help in counterlooping which tends to bounce high. however, the lower speed doesn't sound good

also, plastic training balls are trash!! broke 3 in one match. and they charge $10 a box for 3* T0T
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 1:03am
Stick with H3, I don't feel that H8 is worth it unless you use and like H2
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 11:54pm
i just tested h3 from tenergy. h3 is easier to spin with for the new ball but overall didn't make too much difference in play. i would just stick with whatever you're using now.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 7:18am
yes this is true. I feel like the differences are not even that big, youre getting used to it after a couple of weeks and you play like the same...
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 7:34am
In Belgium, we still play with the celluloid balls till next year and I played several times with different poly balls. I've played with H3 neo national for some weeks.
 H3 or not, you can take the blade you want and the rubbers you want, the result will be the same regarding spins : with the poly balls, you will really produce   less spin (topspin, backspin, sidespin...). This will only give an advantage to the player who play some kind of mix between hit and loop, like most of the Chinese players.
The opponent is able to smash your opening loop very easily. 
The spin players will be destroyed.

Edited by kakapo - 10/23/2014 at 7:36am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 8:22am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

In Belgium, we still play with the celluloid balls till next year and I played several times with different poly balls. I've played with H3 neo national for some weeks.
 H3 or not, you can take the blade you want and the rubbers you want, the result will be the same regarding spins : with the poly balls, you will really produce   less spin (topspin, backspin, sidespin...). This will only give an advantage to the player who play some kind of mix between hit and loop, like most of the Chinese players.
The opponent is able to smash your opening loop very easily. 
The spin players will be destroyed.

Weak loops are a really bad thing with these balls, that is for sure.  You need spin and power now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic