Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Petre Korbel VS waldner senso carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tyc17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyc17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petre Korbel VS waldner senso carbon
    Posted: 06/15/2006 at 2:25am

Hi to all,

i need help. i m currently playing korbel off. However, i feel like changing to another blade as my blade is getting 'old'. my qn to you people is would waldner senso carbon be a better blade for me?  My style is similar to waldner (but obviously i m lousier). How would you guys rate KOrbel off to waldner senso carbon in terms of spin, speed n control?

I m using H3 for FH, BH using hammond. btw my BH is stronger than FH for some reason. Another solution needed is my korbel off attracts ants.

your help will be greatly appreciated. TY

Sponsored Links

tyc17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyc17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 2:43am
pardon, my close table is similar to waldner only.
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 9:55pm

The waldner would be a good balde.  If you want more peed then go for it.  I'll give you the first excuse to buy a new blade.

You know you just want to buy a new blade already so just do it   LOL

It's fast but not too fast so, you could probably handle it's speed and since it has decent control would be a good choice.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
hubie60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hubie60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 12:23am

The Senso is fast and comparatively light but so is the Korbel. However, the Senso Carbon has more ball feel.

On a personal note, the Korbel handle is too short for me. In this regard the Senso Carbon handle is much better ... for me. It's a pity you can't test drive a blade. Then you would know first hand.

Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 4:56am
I'm afraid I have no experience with the Korbel so I cannot compare the 2.

The WSC is based on the Donic Allplay, an allround blade. Donic rate the WSC as ALL+ / OFF-. So what you end up with is a carbon blade with pretty decent control.

The carbon makes the blade feel stiffer than other allround blades so it's more on the OFF side. It has a nice feel - the outer plies look exactly like the wood stiga use for their Allround Classic, in fact the blade is made in Sweden.

I use this blade when I play with soft rubbers like LKT XT. It gives me a little more speed and the stiffness of the blade helps everything to not feel too mushy. I play up at the table and I drive more than loop. Also the carbon means the sweet spot is big making shots feel "solid". Other guys at my club who do loop have tried my blade with Cream MRS (not a soft rubber) both sides and have loved it.

It is a light blade (Donic say 85g) but it does become a little head-heavy once the rubbers are on because of the senso handle, so don't go too heavy with the rubbers.

I must confess I originally bought this blade because I just "wanted" a carbon blade! Fortunately its not one of the stupid fast no control variety and actually a usable blade.

Whether it will suit you, who can tell? You seem to have a very good blade in the Korbel so why change? If your blade attracts ants then perhaps you should get a decent cover/case for it!

You have a typical Chinese style setup for which all wood blades seem to be the order of the day. I have no idea how your rubbers will play on the WSC. If you're looking for a blade that is stiffer, and a little faster than a typical allround blade with the benefits of carbon then this may be a good choice. Good luck!
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 5:15am
Originally posted by tyc17 tyc17 wrote:

Another solution needed is my korbel off attracts ants.

your blade attracts ants? do they go after sweat/glue buidup or did you spill something on it?
tyc17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyc17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 8:18am
i guess sweat attracts ants
Andreas_90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreas_90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2006 at 1:51pm
I play waldner. Very good blade with much control and that's exactly what you need.
Blade: Waldner Senso Carbon
BH: Andro Revulotion
FH: Donic Desto F3
Shakehanded
Right-Hand
AznThunder View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AznThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 4:42am
Hey guys sorry for the necro-post, but I'm actually considering to switch from my Korbel to Senso Carbon and I had a few questions

I'm really happy with my korbel, but I've been wanting to replace it with a composite blade that flexes and feels (with vibrations) like the korbel but with a larger sweet spot.

Innerforce ZLF is probably what I want but I was looking for a cheaper alternative, and I came across the Senso Carbo when I was researching on blades with composite layers next to the core Like the Inner Series.

If i'm not mistaken, the blade construction is:
Limba-Limba-Carbon-Ayous-Carbon-Limba-Limba

What I was wondering is:

if the Senso has as much feeling/vibration as the korbel

and if it has a larger sweet spot than the korbel

Also I'm a 2-winged looper if it makes any difference

Nittaku Tenaly Original
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 // Victas 402 Double Extra
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 6:02am
Originally posted by AznThunder AznThunder wrote:

Hey guys sorry for the necro-post, but I'm actually considering to switch from my Korbel to Senso Carbon and I had a few questions

I'm really happy with my korbel, but I've been wanting to replace it with a composite blade that flexes and feels (with vibrations) like the korbel but with a larger sweet spot.

Innerforce ZLF is probably what I want but I was looking for a cheaper alternative, and I came across the Senso Carbo when I was researching on blades with composite layers next to the core Like the Inner Series.

What I was wondering is:

Yeah Senso Carbon definitely has as much feeling and vibration as the Korbel and the sweetspot might be slightly bigger but it's not so big. If you want a much larger sweetpot I would also go with Timo Boll ZLF.
ClimbK2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClimbK2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 2:14pm
My brother and his 12 year old son play with the WSC and Tenergy 05, 80, and love it. I've used it, and it's an excellent blade. Similar feel to ZLFs. As prev noted, great feel, large sweet spot, off- speed. It come in a slightly larger model too-- the JO shape, which my brother prefers.
DHS ML5 (W968), Hurricane 3, Dignics 09c
ClimbK2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClimbK2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 2:25pm
I believe the limba wood, and "Inner" location of the carbon give the WSC it's great feel.
DHS ML5 (W968), Hurricane 3, Dignics 09c
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 2:43pm
ants...???

Click the picture for feedback ^
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 2:52pm
I think WSC is too soft and flexy but it really pairs well with hard euro/jap rubbers. This blade with T05 or M1 Tubo both sides is a loop/drive machine with excellent control.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by AznThunder AznThunder wrote:

What I was wondering is:

No apologies necessary with the necro post.  It's always nice to see someone use the search function before starting a thread.

The Korbel is part of my arsenal right now and honestly, with the poly balls, I'm using it a lot more in the EJ rotation.  I've used a few versions of the Waldner carbon blades and you should consider purchasing the Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon, which was my favorite.  This has a very nice feeling (with vibrations) like the Korbel and of course, like any composite has a larger sweet spot.  That's a given.  I don't think the WSUC is a huge jump in speed also.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy.  Good luck.

kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 11:47pm
WSUC is different from korbel

spin korbel > WSUC. korbel is clearly a looping blade. WSUC is more like counterattack and block. you can loop but it's not particularly powerful because it's very absorbent. smashes and punches are quite strong though. 

speed Korbel > WSUC. carbon in WSUC gives it a faster initial kick but korbel carries longer with its catch and wood type 

control WSUC > Korbel. WSUC feels softer and absorbs power moreso than korbel
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 9:53am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

WSUC is different from korbel

spin korbel > WSUC. korbel is clearly a looping blade. WSUC is more like counterattack and block. you can loop but it's not particularly powerful because it's very absorbent. smashes and punches are quite strong though. 

speed Korbel > WSUC. carbon in WSUC gives it a faster initial kick but korbel carries longer with its catch and wood type 

control WSUC > Korbel. WSUC feels softer and absorbs power moreso than korbel

Sure, they're different blades so there's going to be a difference.  I have to assume that AZN is not expecting a plug and play replacement blade. 

I agree with your comparisons except for the spin, which I rated even.  However, I used different rubbers.  I use T05 FX on the Korbel and used Pryde 40 on the WSUC.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 10:29pm
When you are talking for Korbel don't miss to notice which Korbel - made in Hungary or Japan ?
Mostly these blades are like very different models...I have had Korbel Japan and now I have Korbel Hungary, differences are big. The Japan made blade was heavy and very speedy, while the Hungary model has higher vibration, smaller handle and plays more slowly. No place to compare it with J.O carbons...
AznThunder View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AznThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 5:37am
Thanks all for the informative replies!

kolevtt, I have the JJTTA ver. of the Korbel (with silver tag) around 83g so it's pretty light.

Korbel's my first all-wood 5-ply blade so I can't really compare it with anything, but it has a huge vibration and it flexes ridiculously.

I'm not really trying to compare a 5-ply with a composite, but just want to transition to a composite blade that has that wooden feel that I fell in love with on the korbel.

currently considering between Ma-Lin Carbon and the WSUC, but leaning more on the WSUC.

I think it's safe to say the topic is closed. Thanks all!

Nittaku Tenaly Original
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 // Victas 402 Double Extra
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 11:17am
My Korbel ST is 80 grams...Made in Hungary.
Don't buy Ma Lin Carbon blade...it is slowly and hard blade, no matter of the carbon.

tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:49pm
Our equipment expert started playing with a Korbel many years ago and has now been using a Waldner Senso Carbon for the past 3 years and, despite having tried many other blades, cannot change away from his WSC. The WSC has super feel and is faster than the Korbel. The Waldner Senso is a well balanced blade as it has the increased speed of a carbon blade but maintains great control and touch, this is largely due to the composition.

It will feel different at first as with the hollow handle it has a different weight distribution and is a little heavier in the head of the paddle.

Hope this will help you make your decision.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 7:49pm
i like wsuc a lot. i beat a shandong provincial player several times consecutively with wsuc while having little luck with viscaria so wsuc holds a special place for me even though my coach forces me to play vis :P
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
spin_attack View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin_attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 2:43pm
I just received my Petr Korbel (made in Japan) along with T05fx and T80fx, my first assembled racket....and I was so disappointed with the size of the handle. The handle is so short and thin that I'm really surprised people haven't mentioned this in their post and reviews. May be there are different sizes but I'm not sure. I hope that the racket turns out to be good during play."fingers crosse do"

I would prefer thick handles and longer thank he petr korbel's, any of you guys have suggestions ? I would like to pair it with Andro rubbers.

Cheers
SA
BTY PK, T05fx, T80fx
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2015 at 2:53pm
I thnk the WSC is awesome in control and speed. 

I read elsewhere the PowerGrip is the best for looping/blocking. Its better than the Grip.

FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2015 at 1:36am
Right on!!  The Waldner Senso Carbon is better than I thought. Looping with this is fantastic. The dwell is oh so nice. Blocking my friend's power loops was as easy as 1,2,3. The feel is amazing.

This blade is addicting  Thumbs Up
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 6:11pm
Waldner Senso Carbon is an excellent blade.
Just had my first go with one today.
Excellent in block
good Driving
Very spinny in loop
a bit harder in short game than my stratus Powerwood but nothing I wont adjust too.

amazing control but still great speed when needed
ive only ever used 5 carbon blades before and this is far better than the others

Joola Rossi Emotion
Andro Ligna off
Stiga Allround Classic
Andro Carbon Light all+ and off+
Butterfly Primorac Carbon

as well reported on this forum a superb blade for under £50
basically carbon for mortals!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic