Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS Skyline 3-60

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Skyline 3-60
    Posted: 10/24/2014 at 5:57am
Yup. It's Skyline 3, but on a #60 sponge.

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-skyline-3-60-tt98375548#.VEohzBt0x9A

This I am interested in. I like the Skyline 3 topsheet a LOT.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 7:02am
Andy when it writes #60, means that the hardness is 60 degrees?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 7:38am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Andy when it writes #60, means that the hardness is 60 degrees?

Nope - it's the code number of the DHS sponge. So, the H3-50 uses the #50 sponge, and I guess that Skyline 3-60 uses the #60 sponge.

The #50 and #60 sponges are the Tinarc and Tinarc3 porous sponges (have I got those the right way around?). I think #50 is used on Goldarc3 too.

They will be available in different hardnesses too.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 7:43am
Tried H3-50. Not impressed. Curious to see how this one plays.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 8:02am
I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked H3-50. Easily pleased I guess.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 10:11am
I think you have it the other way around Andy. From pics I saw at least, looked like H3-50 was on a TA3 sponge. If the #60 is the regular TinArc sponge, I'll try this for sure. 
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 10:19am
Im interested in this as well. Can someone do a review once you get it please?

Also there is H3-50 and H3-50 Soft? Has anyone tried the soft?
I'm assuming they will do the same with Skyline-60 rubbers.

Edited by DreiZ - 10/24/2014 at 10:19am
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I think you have it the other way around Andy. From pics I saw at least, looked like H3-50 was on a TA3 sponge. If the #60 is the regular TinArc sponge, I'll try this for sure. 

Yeah, I've been confused about this from the moment H3-50 came out. I remember reading that TA was #50 and TA3 was #60.

I've just searched, and have a look at Antiq's posts here:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42032&title=dhs-tin-arc-review

Now, I know that this means that the colours don't match up, but it's not outside the realms of possibility that DHS changed the colours around. Or is it something other than the colour which gives the game away?

Still, yes. I could very well have it the wrong way around. After all, if GoldArc3 uses #50, you might expect TA3 to use #50 based on the naming convention.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Yup, I used the soft H3-50. It's good if you play all-out, big swings, heavy looping. Quite slow overall though, so I didn't like the performance when driving the ball - not dangerous enough for my needs. Would need a fast and/or hard blade to liven it up. Amazing control over the table though. Probably becomes a monster if you boost it...

TT11 already list Soft and Med-Hard versions of Skyline 3-60.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Yup, I used the soft H3-50. It's good if you play all-out, big swings, heavy looping. Quite slow overall though, so I didn't like the performance when driving the ball - not dangerous enough for my needs. Would need a fast and/or hard blade to liven it up. Amazing control over the table though. Probably becomes a monster if you boost it...

TT11 already list Soft and Med-Hard versions of Skyline 3-60.

which blade did you use it on? and which one would you prefer on an all wood and which one would go better on a comp such as TB ALC?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 11:32am

which blade did you use it on? and which one would you prefer on an all wood and which one would go better on a comp such as TB ALC?

I used it on a ton of blades. JRE (too mushy), Peterpan (good, but lacked power away from the table), Arirang (same as JRE really), Hypertouch (good, smooth feel, but a bit indirect in feedback), Calix 2 (really very highly excellent).

IMO, H3-50 (soft) needs a hard outer ply to help it feel more direct in play. A powerful blade helps too. The Calix 2 was perfect for me (I still have thoughts of going back to that blade, maybe when the new ball is adopted in my local league). I'd look to blades with hard wood outers - Adidas Avenger series, Stiga Emerald/Rosewood/Ebenholtz, YEO.

Although the Boll ALC seems to have a pretty hard feel these days, I'd still go for a harder sponged H3-50 on there.

I'd probably be using H3-50 now, but I've fallen for Big Dipper in a big way.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 11:38am
The good thing with Skyline 3-60 is that the Skyline 3 topsheet is thinner and more dynamic than the H3 topsheet. On a more lively, modern sponge this could be a good rubber indeed.

It probably won't be a speed demon though, so blah blah booster blah fast blade blah big swings etc etc. Could be a good control/spin orientated BH rubber, if you don't mind the weight.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 11:42am
Thanks Andy!

I might give H3-50 (or soft) a go since Ive tried H3Neo Prov a while back on a YEO and it was just too hard of a feel with not much elastic feeling + it was a bit too fast. I don't boost/tune so a slower/softer Chinese rubber might be decent for me. Plus the cost of H3 Neo prov is not the same as it was 3-4 years ago.

Edited by DreiZ - 10/24/2014 at 11:43am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 11:46am

Thanks Andy!

I might give H3-50 (or soft) a go since Ive tried H3Neo Prov a while back on a YEO and it was just too hard of a feel with not much elastic feeling + it was a bit too fast. I don't boost/tune so a slower/softer Chinese rubber might be decent for me. Plus the cost of H3 Neo prov is not the same as it was 3-4 years ago.

Well, H3-50 might be exactly the kind of rubber you would like! It is a bit more elastic, a bit slower, higher arc on heavy loops. It doesn't drive as well as H3N though, so bear that in mind. Using YEO might help with that issue though. YMMV, obviously.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 1:01pm
Hi, Andy - using Chinese rubbers with the old ball or the plastic ball?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 2:08pm

Plus 1 , I also like the 3-50
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 3:01pm
I am trying H3-50 for RW5 backhand. I suppose it requires active RPB, like Xu Xin to maximize the rubber on the backhand. Quick relay on the backhand is not as effortless as T05 fx I am accustomed to.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Hi, Andy - using Chinese rubbers with the old ball or the plastic ball?

IIRC, I only used H3-50 with the old ball. The lack of speed (and bounce) would worry me with the poly ball.

I have had a quick blast with Big Dipper and Moon Speed with the DHS 40+, and they work really well. I find these both to be a bit of a handful (for different reasons) with celluloid, but they are far easier to use with the 40+, which just takes the edge off the catapult and speed.

Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

Plus 1 , I also like the 3-50

Excellent! That's two of us. We should start a H3-50 clan thread!

Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

I am trying H3-50 for RW5 backhand. I suppose it requires active RPB, like Xu Xin to maximize the rubber on the backhand. Quick relay on the backhand is not as effortless as T05 fx I am accustomed to.

Oh yes, totally different to T05-FX. Passive play gets you nowhere fast with H3-50 (unboosted, obviously).
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2014 at 11:35pm
After my disappointment with H8, I actually tried H3-50 again but with the plastic ball and found it was actually pretty decent.  Not as powerful or fast as NEO, but very easy to use.  

I hope DHS didn't neglect Skyline 2 with these new sponges Confused
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 2:51am

Me too, six months later.
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 7:45pm
This rubber is in stock now at tt11
Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 12:06pm
I think its the same development like H3.50, chinese tacky rubber with softer and bouncier sponge for everybody who doesnt like to boost rubbers. Probably good match with faster 7ply blades... 
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 12:12pm
Ordered!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 7:19am
Mine has arrived. Red, 2.0mm, Soft.

A quick bounce test feels very slow, as expected. If you didn't like H3-50, I'm not sure this will change your mind. Won't be able to test for a while, unfortunately. Well, unless I give it a try in next week's league match, which would be high-level silliness.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:30am
Had a very short knock with the S3-60 last night before a match. It was on my backup Pure Wood. This is a terrible combination - the blade is too slow and too soft. With the rubber being fresh and tacky, the low gear was incredibly slow. And harder shots were really high arc and much faster. The ultimate two-gear setup.

It needs to be on a harder/faster blade, so I'll shift it over to something else before Monday's training session. I might go with H3-50 on the other side for comparison's sake. Blade could be one of Hypertouch, Calix 2, OSP Ultimate or JRE. I will think on.

S3-60 does seem livelier and more elastic than H3-50 on active shots. That's all I can say at this very early stage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 10:42am
I allready tested it, the medium hard version: I can give you a comparison between H3NP tuned and this one untuned:

Skyline 3.60 is imo the BEST china hybrid rubber on the market. It is maybe medium to medium+ hard which is great, speed is almost like a Tenergy and the spin is way over average. Great control and short game on the table, awesome while attacking close to it, a little bit lacking of power from half distance. But my ttr in America would way over 2000 and I am playing a 5ply blade so this means lacking of power in half distance, for somebody whos maybe not that good and allready plays a 7ply blade this rubber is fast especially for a unboosted china hybrid rubber! Of course compared to a boosted H3NP or a T05 its worse because these 2 rubbers are end of the line in tabe tennis, but its pretty close to good rubbers like Vega Pro, T64 and MX-P. Furthermore the rubber is getting attractive because it works without boosting and its sticky. Compared to H3.50 its simply faster and spinnier, H3.50 looses agianst it in every way.

Edited by Butt Stallion - 11/19/2014 at 10:44am
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Butt Stallion Butt Stallion wrote:

I allready tested it, the medium hard version: I can give you a comparison between H3NP tuned and this one untuned:

Skyline 3.60 is imo the BEST china hybrid rubber on the market. It is maybe medium to medium+ hard which is great, speed is almost like a Tenergy and the spin is way over average. Great control and short game on the table, awesome while attacking close to it, a little bit lacking of power from half distance. But my ttr in America would way over 2000 and I am playing a 5ply blade so this means lacking of power in half distance, for somebody whos maybe not that good and allready plays a 7ply blade this rubber is fast especially for a unboosted china hybrid rubber! Of course compared to a boosted H3NP or a T05 its worse because these 2 rubbers are end of the line in tabe tennis, but its pretty close to good rubbers like Vega Pro, T64 and MX-P. Furthermore the rubber is getting attractive because it works without boosting and its sticky. Compared to H3.50 its simply faster and spinnier, H3.50 looses agianst it in every way.

Given the choice between H3NP and S3.60, which one would you pick? :D
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 11:13am
I didn't like it in flat hitting. H3-50 was easier. Maybe I've glued it bad. Lots of spin but felt dead when hitting (the blade was a Butterfly LSW)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 12:36pm
obiviuosly H3NP boosted! 100%. But the point is that a lot of players do not want to boost and do not practice enough to completely play with a fully boosted H3NP and for them the Skyline 3.60 is the way to go. An other point maybe its not clear when ppl read my post: Yes the Skyline 3.60 is definitely slower than any Tenergy or ESN, definitely. But the topsheet is sticky and for a sticky rubber its pretty fast, if you play just a little bit active close to the table its pretty close to Tenergys imo, spin as good as a T64. 

assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 12:52pm
I boosted it with 2 thin layers of Falco Long Tempo, but it seems slower but spinnier than H3-50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic