FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane Long 5 vs Innerforce ALC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane Long 5 vs Innerforce ALC
    Posted: 10/27/2014 at 8:12pm
Anyone that has tried these blades that can compare. They are both ALC blades with 2 outer wood layers before ALC layer (with the outermost layer being limba).
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 11:31am
anyone, anyone; Bueller?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 2:24pm
I've never tried either but before I bought my TB ALC I was very much interested in IF ALC. That was my second choice. IF ALC is same construction as MMAZE except the ALC layer is inner which should give it a more woody and slightly softer feel over other blades like TBS, TB ALC, Viscaria, etc.
(Limba-limba-alc-ayous-alc-limba-lmba)
debraj might have some more insight on Innerforce series.

HL5 seems like a brick. Over 100g!!....To me it seems like an overpriced, overweight IF ALC.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 2:37pm
I used both 2 yrs apart at different playing strengths. The feel is similar but ML possibly feels better. IF has more control. The ML head size is bigger and it has a narrower flare grip with fatter ends.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 10:41am
I recently got 2 90g (thickness is close to 6.1mm) HL5 blades from Paddle Palace (they get it direct from DHS, so I think they are genuine). So, I can now answer my question on the comparison (in case anyone has the question).

The compositions are slightly different (HL5 has Ayous as 2nd layer. IF-ALC has limba). This means that the HL5 is slightly bouncier and a stroke with HL5 has less spin (if you don't brush) as compared to a similar stroke with IF-ALC (or a Viscaria or a MJ-SZLC). Of course, if you brush, it has same spin (as IF-ALC. More than Viscaria. Same as MJ-SZLC).

But the HL5 is a much more offensive blade (than the IF-ALC) and much more fun to play with. The difference is due to it's extra length. This gives it fantastic catapault and flex. It is a more powerful blade than the IF-ALC or the Viscaria (though it is less bouncy than the Viscaria).

I heard about its thin FL handle before. I absolutely can't play with the BTY Timo Boll FL handles (too thin). But the HL5 FL handles are possibly the best I've played with (along with the Stiga Legend FL handles). They are long and create a balanced blade.

The blade weight shall be high (because of large size). I currently have MX-P / T05 and it is 195gms. But it is very balanced.
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 10:56am
I have 4 ML-5 blades weighing different from 86 grams to 91 grams. I use H3 blue #22 sponge on f/h and Ten 05 or Rakza 7 on b/h. I bought the new IF-ALC to compare. The IF-ALC I got was to fast, faster than my Viscaria, it was uncontrollable for me. I don't know if I got a weird one or not, but I bought it from Butterfly N.A. when they first got them. But I love the HL-5 not to fast but has a lot of control.
Shifter
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 11:43am
DHS has released a revised version of HL5 not long ago. It has a smaller head size of 150 x 156mm and shred a few grams in weight. It is suppose to be closer to what ML is using. Would like to read any review comparing the two in play.  

Edited by TurboZ - 08/23/2016 at 7:36pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 12:00pm
HL5 much faster then IF
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

I have 4 ML-5 blades weighing different from 86 grams to 91 grams. I use H3 blue #22 sponge on f/h and Ten 05 or Rakza 7 on b/h. I bought the new IF-ALC to compare. The IF-ALC I got was to fast, faster than my Viscaria, it was uncontrollable for me. I don't know if I got a weird one or not, but I bought it from Butterfly N.A. when they first got them. But I love the HL-5 not to fast but has a lot of control.

Your IF must be a monster if it is faster than a HL5. Do you know the weight?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 12:09pm
It weighed 89 grams, like I posted I think it was a weird one.
Shifter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 12:13pm
I trimmed one of my HL-5 down to about 157x150 to get the weight down and I can't tell any difference in play, maybe a little more rigid feel, less flex.
Shifter
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 5:44pm
& oh yes: the feel / feedback from HL5 is MUCH better than that from any Viscaria - no matter how black it's tag is or how scaly the koto can get.

This & my MJ-SZLC are my favorite composite blades (though they are pretty different from each other in terms of their properties / good points).
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 10:33pm
slevin would one of those to hl5 go on sale soon >:D ?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 12:31am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

slevin would one of those to hl5 go on sale soon >:D ?

No, I'm keeping them.
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 1:49am
Hello friends, What is the size of the head of ma long 5? Thanks.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 9:41am
how is the Nittaku ML Carbon related to ML5 and has anyone played with it?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 10:30am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

different. NMLC is like DHS HK3
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 10:48am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

different. NMLC is like DHS HK3

Slevin, you really know your shit.  I looked further into it and got similar findings.  Thanks.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 11:34am
Originally posted by neon neon wrote:

Hello friends, What is the size of the head of ma long 5? Thanks.

Don't know the official size.

I measured and got 159x152.
tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 1:22pm
TTWorld 2015 Nov issue has a comparison against the two (it was against the old version of ML5), it does mentioned that Inn ALC has the center of gravity while ML5 is more at the head (but I would imagine this being changed with the new ML5 edition...).  It also mentions that the ML5 is more user friendly (believe it or not...).  Apologize that I don't have chance to translate the whole paragraph.

Current For Sale
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 2:19pm
Is this a badly auto-translated version of the same article?:

Analytical butterfly Innerforce ALC and DHS Hurricane Long different and the same 5

copy LinkDate: 2015-10-30 10:21:32 Share:

Whenever I think of these two structures very similar to table tennis board, always help but emerge in front of the figure of two musicians: Mozart and Beethoven. Butterfly Innerforce ALC if like Mozart, and DHS Hurricane Long 5 is a Beethoven. Mozart is more harmonious, reasonable and stable structure of the music brought us noble serenity; although Beethoven inherited and developed the art of Mozart, in many ways, but presents a different style: more casual sexual freedom, more blast showers bring warm calm.

Butterfly Innerforce ALC (hereinafter referred to as InnALC) to debut a few years, both offensive and defensive, pure wood sense when small power, a sense of great strength when the fiber, and the groundbreaking "Built-aromatic carbon" grasping ball sense, each of which is in interpretation: this is what a perfectly reasonable ball plate structure! The feel is quite satisfactory, mid-range power speed is unhurried, very stable. The DHS Hurricane Long 5 (hereinafter referred to as Long 5), crisp and transparent, free-spirited. Gradually, InnALC became popular and niche boutique, and 5 Double Happiness Dragon became public hot item, harvest different market share.

Butterfly Innerforce ALC and DHS Hurricane Dragon structure 5: deja vu, but each has its advantages

The same ball about 5.9mm thickness for both sides of the arc arc play fast or faster.

The same lymph aromatic carbon + + + Ayous Ayous Ayous + + + aromatic carbon lymph arrangement structure. Limba surfaces to ensure the effect of the ball, aromatic carbon fiber layer is laminated on both sides of the large core, have enough sense to grasp the ball. Ayous large core, compared Paulownia large core, rigidity and toughness stronger, more powerful bottom foot; after vigorously fight through, the ball has a sense of injection. The presence of aromatic carbon fiber and Ayous large core while ensuring the stability and leveraging active force after threatening.

Also in the small force is feeling a sense of pure wood, great efforts to appear fibers. To ensure that the internal control units when the ball does not bounce, hair force can borrow to elastic fibers, play speed and power. Upon closer observation, in fact, the difference between the two is still very clear:
Butterfly Inn ALC
From the respective FL Grip Case, Butterfly Inn ALC prefer the square, between offense and defense conversion is more stable grip feeling; DHS Long 5 more prolate, more conducive to continuous attack. Beat face, DHS usual ball plate 159 * 150 large board, with a fuller distortion, conducive to play a more powerful bottom strength.

The Butterfly Inn ALC is the normal size of 157 * 150mm.

Center of gravity, the center of gravity centered Butterfly Inn ALC, forehand and backhand convert more stable; and 5 Double Happiness Dragon gravity forward, more emphasis on lethal when attacking.

Choose aromatic carbon fiber, the blue butterfly Inn ALC aromatic carbon, DHS dragon 5 yellow aromatic carbons. As we all know, more rigid aromatic carbon blue, yellow and more aromatic carbon bomb. Although blue aromatic carbon elastic weaker, but more brittle outstanding, the ball being more compact.

Hurricane Long 5

Presented to the overall feel, because of different aromatic carbon fiber layers and bonding process, butterfly Innerforce ALC feel more honest, tend to calm style; and DHS Long 5 Ze ball clear, transparent after Earned force. More careful comparison, you will find a sense of pure wood dragon 5 Innerforce ALC even more than the butterfly, which when hit will feel more solid.

Butterfly Innerforce ALC and timing of DHS Hurricane Dragon 5: once regret, and halo stars

Inn ALC debut on the occasion, the brothers Boll ALC is the popular niche. The same series of butterfly Inn ZLC is because of the aura of Grand Slam and the excellent performance of Zhang Yining, known as the "god board." Butterfly InnALC Although internal strength, but somewhat untimely. Fortunately, the new Butterfly Butterfly Innerforce Layer series still retains the Butterfly Inn ALC structure, hoping to make up butterfly Inn ALC Layer Butterfly Inn ALC ever regret.

The DHS Long 5 is the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships men's singles final two players at the same time holding the weapon. National Games men's singles champion's secret weapon, to the World Table Tennis Championships men's singles champion aura Long 5 have been well received. But in retrospect, Double Happiness "Hurricane Dragon" series of hot, and not unexpectedly, caused by the DHS before 506 fans attention to Double Happiness Dragon 2 Dragon 3 are still vivid.Performance factors aside, hot dragon 5 largely also due to Malone "stardom."

Of course, despite the two ball plates are both offensive and defensive, feel the difference or let each other going in different directions. More calm, law-abiding, butterfly Inn ALC, more transparent than the more crisp and imaginative Double Happiness Dragon 5, may need more technology to the control, more power to manage. The Long 5, is much more close to the people, easier to fight through, not only by many professional players of all ages, but also very suitable for amateur fans to play.

After reading the above " parse butterfly Innerforce ALC and DHS Hurricane Long 5 different and the same  after" information about the goods you purchased should help:

Tennis Channel - tennis racket - Table tennis rubber - Tennis Shoes - Tennis Accessories  -Tennis package - tennis clothes - ping-pong table

Dynamic Library Mall: www.dku51.com 

tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 2:41pm
Wow, yes, that would look like the article translated to English.  Amazing that someone would take the effort to feed it through a transalter program.
Current For Sale
lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 3:43pm
it looks like  the second and sixth layer of innerforce alc are thinner.
Other than that and maybe the thickness of the center ply they are the same.

They are definitely blades for booster or new rubbers.
Not the type of blade to slap an old tensor or tenergy and play with it right away.

Edited by lucifer - 08/23/2016 at 3:49pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by lucifer lucifer wrote:

it looks like  the second and sixth layer of innerforce alc are thinner.
Other than that and maybe the thickness of the center ply they are the same.

They are definitely blades for booster or new rubbers.
Not the type of blade to slap an old tensor or tenergy and play with it right away.

Have you played with these blades lucifer ?

Shifter
lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 5:42pm
I have a hl5, didn't like the original size so sanded it down to viscaria size.
it needs powerful rubbers because it's more control oriented.
I use rubbers for long periods so that's why I ended up using viscaria and hl5 is in a box.

Edited by lucifer - 08/23/2016 at 5:43pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 5:48pm
If you sand it down, it is no longer a HL5. The whole point of that blade is in its catapault combined with lower-than-viscaria bounciness. Other soft / flexy blades have it but HL5 is not soft. It's outer seems hard limba (like that of the MJ-SZLC) and the feeling is solid (my blades are around 6.1mm thick).

Edited by slevin - 08/23/2016 at 5:49pm
lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 6:00pm
I had it for a long time with the original size.
When I slimmed it down I was already sure this was not the blade for me.

I think with new t05 I didn't feel that much difference with viscaria.
But with old rubbers it was clear viscaria was spinier and more sharp.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 6:03pm
slevin, the HL-5's I have feel soft to me where my Viscaria feels hard. I guess we all have different feel. But every blade that I have played with Limba outer ply has felt soft and holds the ball longer than Koto outer ply, that is why I prefer Limba outer ply blades over Koto.
Shifter
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 6:09pm
http://i.imgur.com/o7YjirO.jpg
Some things in life are just too beautiful to consider selling, especially when you are destroying your competition with it. And yeah prices have gone up badly on the entire Long range!

Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2016 at 6:28pm
Hey slevin some say that HL5 performs the same as fang bo alc? Is that true? Do they have the same compsition
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic