Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Ligna ALL+ - First impressions&Photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Ligna ALL+ - First impressions&Photos
    Posted: 10/28/2014 at 6:42pm
Maybe someone is looking for slower blade for improvements like I was searching for. If so you should check Allround blades like o

Today I recieved new blade which is by word handmade in Germany, directly from Polish Andro distributor. Weighed in the shop and they said she's 73g.  Björn official site(Andro.de) also sent me an email that clarify the weight difference of mine copy and that approx. ~85g from Catalogue is nothing more than "The difference in weight can be explained by two points:

First one is that there is a normal tolerance between every single blade.

Second one is that the production samples we received directly in the beginning were a little bit heavier than the following blades. As we fixed the weight for the catalogue following the samples from the first production, there is also a natural difference between the weight mentioned in the catalogues and the real weight" - Björn Helbing Export Department / Promotion Andro.de .

Facing the woods..
Box quite normal nothing really much exciting just piece of a paperboard, however quite safe. Andddd... Woa! 

Very big handle! They told me ST is even bigger. Already it's larger than Viscaria one which I really like for the shape. Balance? Perfect, handle is quite heavy comparing to the head which is almost the same size as Viscaria (small difference on wings - ~1.5mm). 

Ligna ALL+ is also thickier than Viscaria and it's about 6.1mm. 

At the first sight it looks like a modern (plastic ready) allround blade. Quite stiff and decent finish but everything is perfectly equal.. roundnes ect. Blade sounds quite high in tune. After 20min with really fine sandpaper and it was ready to go. 

Gameplay:

Overall feel.
Feel is as good as in Nittaku Blades, it just has something. I had Acoustic, Latika and Latika Light and it's definetely good grade wood as those mentioned. 

Dwell time.
I had soft-med and medium-hard rubber on it (Baracuda BS/Rasant Grip) on it. My gamemate is playing with TB ZLF+T05FX and in compare. Ligna has even better dwell time than this setup. I could feel ball which was on my blade for much longer time than in my Viscaria with the same rubbers. 

Throw.
High due dwell time. 

Power.
In speed I would say it's just.. all+. Really, just a bit faster than Grubba All+. Nothing spectacular. I think rubbers such as T64 may do the job to fix this issue. Anyway, it's hard to kill the ball IMO due softness of this blade.

Spin potential.
Great! Spin is tremendous even with soft-smooth movements like slow topspins. This blade has ability to change the spin direction with easiness. It gives a lot of confidence due to high control provided by really good gears from low to high-. Better than any composite blade I've tryed- arylate/zlf/alc.

Weight.
My Ligna weights 73g it's light and not head heavy with med-heavy rubbers I am using now. 

Photos.

I will post more about after some use. 

Sponsored Links

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 12:40pm
This was a great write up! I'm surprised it didn't get any responses.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 12:54pm
An ALL+ blade getting no responses surprises you?

Edited by NextLevel - 11/13/2015 at 12:54pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 1:02pm
A pretty expensive ALL+ blade should get some responses :-)
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 7:16pm
Is it a limba top?
jmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2015 at 8:09pm
Nice Review

FH :Rakza 7
BH : Donic Barracuda
Blade : Avalox P700

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2015 at 2:20pm
anybody knows the layers of the blade? Geek
LukeF13 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeF13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 3:03pm
Think it's got balsa on outside
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic