Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

timo boll zlc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hops4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hops4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: timo boll zlc
    Posted: 10/31/2014 at 10:44am
i have a question, my son wants to play with a timo boll ZLC with SRIVER 1.7 FH and BH he is an intermediate player and have 12 year old, we know this blade is very fast, but it was a gift from his uncle and he want to try it, so please let me know is the SRIVER will give him the necesary control to still develop his habilities,thanks!!!! i will appreciative.
hops
Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 11:18am
Ofcourse!The blade will become very slow with these rubbers!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 11:19am
I would suggest a softer version of Sriver with that blade (is it called Sriver FX?) with 1.9mm. I think that Sriver is pretty expensive for it's ability. Perhaps other members can suggest cheaper newbie alternatives.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 11:20am
It is very old generation rubber and it is not fast.Also they are in 1,7mm, so there will be no problem!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 11:21am
Thinner sponge on that very hard zlc blade will increase the total hardness. It will be better to use some softer sponge rubbers in thickness 1.9mm-2.0mm.
These srivers are very old model yet...But If you want you hold on BTY rubbers you can search for Sriver G2/G3 FX 1.9mm for your young champion, they will be little more better option. Smile

Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 2:04pm
No you don't need Sriver 1.7, cause you will throw your money. Just buy some other newer and better rubbers with the idea to sell this blade and get other slower one - Primorac for example. Or make a barter for other (Acoustic is another example). So get rubbers for the other blade.  He will grow up quickly with more suitable stuff. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 2:33pm
Always buy young serious players good rubbers. They adapt quickly.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 2:53pm
Don't change the blade, it is very comfortable to play with a direct feel and suitable for an aspiring attacking player...

If he is intermediate he can play and should enjoy his gift...

He should get different rubbers for FH & BH so that he can experiment with one side softer than the other...

He could try Xiom Musa on one side - soft, slower controllable and spinny,
with Vega Pro on the other side - firmer faster spinny ...

Donic Bluefire M3 & M2 would be differences in sponge firmness and elasticity on a faster scale...

Butterfly Tenergy 25FX & 05 (Classic), sticking with Butterfly...

I'm sure lots of players will chip-in. ...

But don't sell that blade, it will play as fast or as slow as you want and with the right combination he will love it...

1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 4:40pm
My vote goes for Sriver FX 1.9 both sides on his zlc.

Slow soft rubber on a fast stiff ZLC should be good to develop consistent hitting and looping.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic