Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boosting mark V

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boosting mark V
    Posted: 11/01/2014 at 12:52pm
I was trying to boost a mark V with falcon long booster for the first time.

Someone told me its better to use seamoon for non-porous sponges.

And there was no dome at all of the rubber after applied a layer of falcon long, does it mean there was no effect?

Never boosted rubbers before, so....

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 1:06pm
1 did you boost over a w/b glue or direct to the sponge ? 2 how long did you give it to soak in ? 3 if it doesn't dome after a time do a second layer and wait for it to soak in.
Shifter
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 1:08pm
how long ago did you apply the booster? Just takes a little while longer for the rubber to start doming
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 1:33pm
Did it to the sponge directly after taking off the glue. It's been 12 hours, I start to see a very slight dome now... So if no apparent dome after 2-3 layers, then i should use other boosters maybe?
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 1:49pm
I boosted a mark v with falcon long. Works beautifully. I had a layer of glue b4 boosting though. And if no dome just add another layer..
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 2:04pm
Thanks, champ. :-)
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 11:46am
Boosted Mark V is faster than the factory version of Mark V HPS.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

How would boosted Mark V compare to good old speed glued Mark V and Rakza series(tensor)?
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by 808ponger 808ponger wrote:

Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

How would boosted Mark V compare to good old speed glued Mark V and Rakza series(tensor)?

Not as good but close. Speed glued Mark V 2.5 max and Sriver 2.5 max back in the day where very formidable for the 38mm ball.

Take a sheet of Mark V 2.5 and some Vulcofux speed glue (bicycle tire glue) and you get a whole lotta yowzer!

Edited by frogger - 11/02/2014 at 2:25pm
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2014 at 7:25pm
I start to see some reverse dome on the sheet, but still very slight change... Maybe 2 more layers? And when should I stop putting the "final" layer?
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 4:08am
Is it just me who think that the Mark V worked much better with the celluloid ball, I don't get the touch and spin that I want with the new ball.. 
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 4:15am
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

Is it just me who think that the Mark V worked much better with the celluloid ball, I don't get the touch and spin that I want with the new ball.. 

I liked Mark V best with the 40 mm cell ball, when reglued was a monster. I didn't like it as much without regluing, so switched rubbers.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 7:55am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

I liked Mark V best with the 40 mm cell ball, when reglued was a monster. I didn't like it as much without regluing, so switched rubbers.

Yeah it worked great with the speed glue, but nowadays I can't really understand people who playing with it. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 11:56am
sometimes if the topsheet is very soft the rubber will stretch without doming if it doesn't have the plastic cover on it.  I believe markV doesn't.  Just because it doesn't dome doesn't mean it hasn't stretched.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic