Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rakza 7 vs Donic Bluefire M2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rakza 7 vs Donic Bluefire M2
    Posted: 11/04/2014 at 10:58pm
Could anyone who has played with both give some comparisons between Rakza 7 and Donic Bluefire M2 - particularly as BH rubbers in 2.0mm.

I am interested in a comparison of:

1) Opening BH loop vs heavy chop / push
2) Driving / looping in serve receive vs long sidespin, topspin or no spin (float) serves
3) flicks (normal / banana)
4) pushing aggressively with heavy spin to trouble opponent on serve return 
5) pushing short and short game
6) driving or blocking during a rally
7) Looping during a rally (counter top spin a few steps away from the table as well as close to it)

any other factors which mark important differences between the 2 rubbers?

Could not find many direct comparisons on the net.
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Sponsored Links

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 8:06pm
no one who has played with both?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2014 at 10:25pm
Is it so impossible to get any comparison between these 2 rubbers? even googling comparisons are so scarce.... yet they are both popular rubbers
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 12:30am

Similar speeds, M2 is slightly softer. Better arc but less consistent especially on hard strokes. R7 spins better but is a bit harder to spin. R7 has better control.

Edited by slevin - 11/08/2014 at 12:33am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 12:32am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

How about you use the freakin' search function on this website instead?

Did not find direct comparison thread... if you are so enlightened how about freakin' helping and posting a link as some other helpful members do some times!
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Clarence247 Clarence247 wrote:

Could anyone who has played with both give some comparisons between Rakza 7 and Donic Bluefire M2 - particularly as BH rubbers in 2.0mm.

I am interested in a comparison of:

1) Opening BH loop vs heavy chop / push
2) Driving / looping in serve receive vs long sidespin, topspin or no spin (float) serves
7) Looping during a rally (counter top spin a few steps away from the table as well as close to it)

any other factors which mark important differences between the 2 rubbers?

Could not find many direct comparisons on the net.

Ok, you got the right man here!!! I played both rubbers on backhand, just recently.  
Actually I am playing Rakza 7 2MM on backhand now (on XIOM ZXI) - very happy with my choice actually, except price/durability ratio could be a bit better.

For 1.5 month prior to that I played M2 Max on backhand (with TBS) - and I have to be honest, I did not really like it (but I will do my best to be objective. Apart from that, my partner plays M2 on backhand and this will help in my comparison).

1-st, very general comment - they are both very good rubbers but feeling wise they play VERY different on BH. It is less distinguishable on Forehand (I played both on forehand quite some time ago)  coz the movements are longer but on backhand you feel it right away. 
How should I put it...Rakza is much more intelligent and versatile but not as aggressive as M2 (Like Timo Boll Forehand spin vs. Ma Long Forehand Spin))).  You can spin it fast with Rakza but it is never a bullet as with M2. In pure spin perspective on BH Rakza does not lose to M2.
I don't want to dive into into soft/hard discussion but M2 combination (sponge+topsheet) is all together much more bearish/rough comparing to rakza (hope I use the right word and you got my point).

Let's go to your list:
1) Opening BH loop vs heavy chop / push
If you go full force, then M2 will provide you a good weapon, more powerful than Rakza. However, if the purpose is to start the attack, not to finish it - then Rakza is by far more comfortable. Your movement can be shorter, even out of position you will comfortably attack the ball. And on spin-type loop (not power loop) on chop, rakza will actually generate more spin.

In this category they are both pretty good. M2 arc will be less versatile but about 10% faster. I would even say, in this category M2 is a winner.

For me in this category Rakza is a big winner, by far. On short flicks it tends to keep the ball longer, even if your wrist was not super fast. I can comfortably control where I land my flick and how I want it (spin or flat, right in the last moment)
With M2 I had a lot of mistakes on flicks, even with slower Blade. If your flick technique is close to perfect - M2 can be ok but you must be very decisive from the first moment what you do. If you are not fast enough, the shot will be very lame, and simple, very easy for your opponent to kill.

If your wrist is fast enough both will do it. 

Rakza will be more sensitive to incoming rotation but control wise it is better. extra mili-second on your racket allows you to send your ball with more precision and with less predictability for your opponent.  So it is a matter of your preference - If you want to be less sensitive to someone's short game M2 rules, if you want to get advantage in your own short game - Rakza

I tend to say Rakza but with new 40+ poly ball I can comfortably block and drive with both. This aspect changed so much with this new ball.

Both will do. I prefer Rakza coz it is a bit more forgiving especially if you are out of position or tend to open your hand  (happens to me sometimes). Speed+spin combination belongs to M2 so if you want to scare your opponent with your crazy A-la Ovcharov counter spin backhand, then M2.

I hope it helps :)

Edited by iakovka - 11/08/2014 at 1:58am

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
collins.latag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collins.latag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 2:05am

Edited by collins.latag - 11/08/2014 at 2:12am
PPisLife

Blade:TBS Rubber: Donic
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 9:36pm
Thx iakovka,

this is exactly the type of info I need - I am glad to say without a doubt I will opt for Rakza here.

I already played with Rakza 7 soft and I know for flicks it is simply outstanding - so much so that any short serve I go with the intention to flick, and then reajust to a push if I am late. 

Rakza I am sure will be similar, and I will like it even more since it is firmer.

I have always liked a rubber which will facilitate, enhance and allow you to do what you want whilst giving you the tools to put extreme spin, and speed (if you hit hard) - I don't generally like rubbers which have extreme properties but force you to play to their strengths... that is why i often shun away from pure looping rubbers despite being a 2 winged looper. I appreciate versatility and variation in game from point to point or set to set... so I am pretty sure Rakza will allow me to play this way better than the M2 now. 

This is also why I chose Adidas P7 as my FH instead of Tenergy 05 FX - the Adidas is more versatile, and allows for a bigger spectrum of options to be played (especially when it comes to drives and smashes for instance)

I assume the comment to the M2 being like a bear meant the Rakza is crisper and sharper feel to it... Where as the M2 is more muted but with more raw power... Again my preference lies with Rakza here, as feeling the ball well is extremely important and it was only this feeling that was lacking with the mushy Rakza 7 soft. 

I actually like my current rubber - the Dawei Super Power XP 2008 - it is the rubber I felt most comfortable ever on my BH... but my coach insists that I need more speed and spin - because at the level I play, active strokes are being used almost all the time, counter-spins or counter-drives as are common as blocks, and I cannot afford to slow down the game each time it gets to my BH.

Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

Ok, you got the right man here!!! I played both rubbers on backhand, just recently.  
Actually I am playing Rakza 7 2MM on backhand now (on XIOM ZXI) - very happy with my choice actually, except price/durability ratio could be a bit better.

For 1.5 month prior to that I played M2 Max on backhand (with TBS) - and I have to be honest, I did not really like it (but I will do my best to be objective. Apart from that, my partner plays M2 on backhand and this will help in my comparison).

1-st, very general comment - they are both very good rubbers but feeling wise they play VERY different on BH. It is less distinguishable on Forehand (I played both on forehand quite some time ago)  coz the movements are longer but on backhand you feel it right away. 
How should I put it...Rakza is much more intelligent and versatile but not as aggressive as M2 (Like Timo Boll Forehand spin vs. Ma Long Forehand Spin))).  You can spin it fast with Rakza but it is never a bullet as with M2. In pure spin perspective on BH Rakza does not lose to M2.
I don't want to dive into into soft/hard discussion but M2 combination (sponge+topsheet) is all together much more bearish/rough comparing to rakza (hope I use the right word and you got my point).

Let's go to your list:
1) Opening BH loop vs heavy chop / push
If you go full force, then M2 will provide you a good weapon, more powerful than Rakza. However, if the purpose is to start the attack, not to finish it - then Rakza is by far more comfortable. Your movement can be shorter, even out of position you will comfortably attack the ball. And on spin-type loop (not power loop) on chop, rakza will actually generate more spin.

In this category they are both pretty good. M2 arc will be less versatile but about 10% faster. I would even say, in this category M2 is a winner.

For me in this category Rakza is a big winner, by far. On short flicks it tends to keep the ball longer, even if your wrist was not super fast. I can comfortably control where I land my flick and how I want it (spin or flat, right in the last moment)
With M2 I had a lot of mistakes on flicks, even with slower Blade. If your flick technique is close to perfect - M2 can be ok but you must be very decisive from the first moment what you do. If you are not fast enough, the shot will be very lame, and simple, very easy for your opponent to kill.

If your wrist is fast enough both will do it. 

Rakza will be more sensitive to incoming rotation but control wise it is better. extra mili-second on your racket allows you to send your ball with more precision and with less predictability for your opponent.  So it is a matter of your preference - If you want to be less sensitive to someone's short game M2 rules, if you want to get advantage in your own short game - Rakza

I tend to say Rakza but with new 40+ poly ball I can comfortably block and drive with both. This aspect changed so much with this new ball.

Both will do. I prefer Rakza coz it is a bit more forgiving especially if you are out of position or tend to open your hand  (happens to me sometimes). Speed+spin combination belongs to M2 so if you want to scare your opponent with your crazy A-la Ovcharov counter spin backhand, then M2.

I hope it helps :)

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic