Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2nd generation Xushaofa - something has changed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2nd generation Xushaofa - something has changed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd generation Xushaofa - something has changed
    Posted: 11/05/2014 at 11:56pm
This new Xushaofa ball (2nd generation) is just a-ma-zing!!!
First generation seamless Xushaofa was quite round and probably among the best in terms of game characteristics but It was breaking like sh..t. Each time you hit the ball with the angle of your racket the ball is broken. 

This new one Xushaofa  is just unbelievably better. Since I played with new ones I could not break a single one of them and they are playing much better! They are slightly heavier than first generation and play...well...not the same as old one but.. the closest to old ones I could find so far.

Super round, better than old Premium Nittaku. I am just very happy with them!

Edited by iakovka - 02/11/2015 at 1:20am

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 12:07am
Is this the 2nd generation Xushaofa balls that you were talking about?

Available wholesale now, but "Retail" will have to wait until December, 2014 (not too long from now).

Where did you buy them?  Did you buy wholesale? (Since retail is not available even now.)

Edited by skip3119 - 11/06/2014 at 12:10am
skip3119
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 12:11am
Yes, new ones. You can buy them in some places already.My only concern is that with time the quality can go down (on purpose), coz if they break like this..they will not make any money :)

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 12:54am
What's the date stamp on the box?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 9:12am
Yes, somewhere stamped into the side of the box there will be four letters, and the last two will be AD. 

Maybe something like XDAD or XFAD.  

It may not be easy to find, but it would be very interesting to know the date stamp.  I have to agree, though, the XSF balls I have with a date stamp of XDAD are almost indestructible.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 9:55am
ADXC

Indeed it was not easy to find

Edited by iakovka - 11/06/2014 at 9:56am

Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 10:05am
ADXC = 1403 so manufactured in March I guess... although not labelled according to ITTF guidelines.

Quote C.4 Date Code 
All packagings (see A.4), but not the ball itself, must be marked with a date or a date code 
corresponding to the date of production (month / year). The date code must be readable without the 
need to destroy the packing. As long as the supplier uses his own date code system the supplier must 
inform the ITTF Equipment Committee about the date code used and it’s decoding. From January 2004 
on a uniform date code system will be used. 

The date code consists of 4 characters: the first 2 for the month and the last 2 for the year. Month and 
year are encoded using the capital letters from A to I for the numbers 1 to 9 (A = 1; B = 2; etc. up to 
I = 9; X = 0). 
Examples:
a) ABXC means 1203, which is decoded as December 2003. 
b) XEAA means 0511, which is decoded as May 2011 
This date code system will be mandatory for all ITTF approved ball brands. 

Edit: If indeed this is the right date, I'm surprised the 2nd generation balls are manufactured 8 months ago...

Edited by Olio - 11/06/2014 at 10:07am
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 10:06am
The strange thing that I just found out is...that my old Xushaofa balls, you know, those with old picture on it (some sort of curved X) also have date stamp ADXC. And they are different everything - box, balls, different place I bought them. Hmmm...

huri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 10:19am
hmmm interesting .... i actually have a batch with ADXC stamp in this order

Dhs PG 7 FL, 90g
DHS H3 National 2.15 40°,Dian Chi applied
Tenergy 05 FX 1.9
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 10:31am
So mine are  YYMM = 14-03 then?

Never mind, the point is - I am very happy with this ball. 
And I tried new: Palio, DHS, Butterfly, Double Fish, and I think once I played with Jola.
Some of them were"such eggs" that had trouble continuously spin with them. 

I think it makes sense now that after good seamless was introduced, all seamed disappear. 

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 2:02am
Played with my new butch today. Just amazing, after all that crap that was available in first few month, simply incomparable. 
Switched to DHS in one of the games today and we( me and the opponent) immediately noticed ball is not going straight. 

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 7:58am
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

So mine are  YYMM = 14-03 then?

Never mind, the point is - I am very happy with this ball. 
And I tried new: Palio, DHS, Butterfly, Double Fish, and I think once I played with Jola.
Some of them were"such eggs" that had trouble continuously spin with them. 

I think it makes sense now that after good seamless was introduced, all seamed disappear. 

Made in March.  So why a different box and different brand stamp?  I have heard from one member that his has to do with agreements they had with different vendors or something vague.  In other words, I really have no idea.  The ones I have were made the same month, with a different stamp, and like yours a really good as plastic balls go.  I use them a lot.  Much better than DHS.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 1:16pm
Agree and as long they play so good I don't care about the stamp on the box
To be honest, I think it is temporary advantage, I expect big names to copy these soon (or simply stamp their name on Xushaofa).

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2014 at 6:50pm

To be honest, I think it is temporary advantage, I expect big names to copy these soon (or simply stamp their name on Xushaofa).

At the origin the seamless ball was a joint venture between XSF, Palio, and DHS, but something happened to destroy that agreement, and DHS ended up pulling out.  I don't know what the sticking point was, it may have had something to do with patents and intellectual property issues.  Then DHS had to develop a plastic ball of their own, and used more or less existing manufacturing procedures but with a new material that just doesn't seem optimal.  The result has not been very good but it is nevertheless the type of ball that has dominated in competition.  So it seems at this point there is some kind of bad blood between XSF and DHS.  It seems hard to believe they could ever get back together.  Meanwhile, XSF has made agreements with Yinhe, Stag, Nexy, and a few others, which is good, they will definitely sell some of their product.  The best thing of all would be for a major European or Japanese company to make a deal with XSF.  My fear is that XSF make a really good ball but are bad businessmen.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

At the origin the seamless ball was a joint venture between XSF, Palio, and DHS, but something happened to destroy that agreement, and DHS ended up pulling out.  I don't know what the sticking point was, it may have had something to do with patents and intellectual property issues.  Then DHS had to develop a plastic ball of their own, and used more or less existing manufacturing procedures but with a new material that just doesn't seem optimal.  The result has not been very good but it is nevertheless the type of ball that has dominated in competition.  So it seems at this point there is some kind of bad blood between XSF and DHS.  It seems hard to believe they could ever get back together.  Meanwhile, XSF has made agreements with Yinhe, Stag, Nexy, and a few others, which is good, they will definitely sell some of their product.  The best thing of all would be for a major European or Japanese company to make a deal with XSF.  My fear is that XSF make a really good ball but are bad businessmen.

Interesting rumors. 

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2014 at 2:00am
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/three-star-plastic-table-tennis-ball-seamless-ITTF-approved-competition-quality/32227471045.html

Great seller, nice price.    The ball of most accurate selection, weight uniformity within the gap of 0.03 gramme. This complies with ITTF standard absolutely.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2014 at 2:45am
Hmm...

Edited by zeio - 11/11/2014 at 2:46am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2014 at 5:01am
Zeio, I was wondering about thatSmile
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2014 at 3:06am
OBTAINING SEAMLESS BALLS FROM THE PRODUCTION SOURCE DIRECTLY.

just communicated with Mr. Franklin Yan, the boss of Minkow Shanghai Ball Plant, This is the sports goods factory now contracted to produce seamless balls for XuShaoafa and other brands.
NB// XSF is the patent holder and developer of new plastic materials, and The Minkow's factory is the balls maker.

Mr. Yan would be only too glad to cooperate with more forein resellers. Attractive business scheme with a great price discount.

To contact the Minkow 's tradinng department this way please

http://www.minkow.com.cn
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2014 at 10:20am
Very interesting. 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2014 at 2:58pm
Nexy sent me a box of their Poly Balls and I just had a hit in the rec center with the post champ (1300-1500ish dude who flat hits like tennis)

I can say that this ball is a whole heap 10,000x times better than the Joola 40+ ball.

If I can make my way to Boston, I can do a better test and tryout the Yinhe ball Cole tossed in for me to sample.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2014 at 5:11pm
If these seamless balls are as good as BH-Man says they are then maybe all will not be so bad with the new plastic balls. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thumbs Up
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2014 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Nexy sent me a box of their Poly Balls and I just had a hit in the rec center with the post champ (1300-1500ish dude who flat hits like tennis)

I can say that this ball is a whole heap 10,000x times better than the Joola 40+ ball.

If I can make my way to Boston, I can do a better test and tryout the Yinhe ball Cole tossed in for me to sample.

What I've been tellin' ya.  Don't torch these.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2014 at 11:31pm
Finally!!!!!!! I succeeded  to break this ball, actually even 2 balls!
They are incomparably stronger than 1st generation but if you hit them really hard with the side of your racket you have a chance.

Still, each one of these lasted more than average celluloid ball for me.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 10:38am
In three + months I have only broken two XSF.  Once a guy slammed the ball into the side of the table, the other time the ball was slammed into a concrete wall.  The other thing also is how durable the surface is too.  You can play with them a long time and they still look pretty good.  The durability is amazing.  We have a Gerflor-like material on the floor of our club so that helps us use balls a bit longer I think.

The Joola 40+ balls, I broke six in about a week.  The durability of Chinese seamed balls made around June of 2014 is unacceptable.

Nittaku Japan 40+ balls made in October are pretty much the same as Nittaku celluloid durability so far.  They wear pretty much the same way, tend to get a bit shiny with use.  It's not their best feature, but they play great when they're new.  I love them but I am hoarding them a bit, still using the XSF balls a lot because I don't know when I will get new Nittakus.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 4:47pm
Got some Nittaku Premium 40+ balls from Japan yesterday.  Played four or five matches with hardbat and the ball was still going strong.  Unfortunately I lost track of it somehow so I can't say anything more about its durability than that right now.

My general impression of the ball is that it is slower and less dynamic.  Celluloid balls seem to have a bit of spring in them by comparison.  That said, it plays well enough.  I had no real problem adjusting fairly quickly.

The price is ridiculous at nearly $3 each (plus shipping from Japan).  So I'm very interested in the Xushaofa ball.  I need a good $1 plastic ball in the same way I previously needed a good $1 celuloid ball (DHS). I only have the Nittakus so that I can be sure to be ready for the Nationals.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

In three + months I have only broken two XSF. 

So where do you buy this second generation ball and how can you be sure it is second generation?

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

If these seamless balls are as good as BH-Man says they are then maybe all will not be so bad with the new plastic balls. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thumbs Up

Thanks for the kind word Dave, but this is the first time I wrote anything positive about new Poly balls. Baal has been a strong advocate for balls from this same factory and has hundreds of more hours play time and practical experience with them.

The only other post I ever made about poly balls was about the Joola ones players in Boston TTC broke out. After playing exactly one minute with these things (a whole night sure convinced me though) I wanted to break out a WW II flame thrower and torch every Joola 40+ ball those flames would reach.

That is why Baal is telling me all along I should keep the pilot light off on my flame thrower concerning the new poly balls from XSA factory.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Thanks for the kind word Dave, but this is the first time I wrote anything positive about new Poly balls. Baal has been a strong advocate for balls from this same factory and has hundreds of more hours play time and practical experience with them.

The only other post I ever made about poly balls was about the Joola ones players in Boston TTC broke out. After playing exactly one minute with these things (a whole night sure convinced me though) I wanted to break out a WW II flame thrower and torch every Joola 40+ ball those flames would reach.

That is why Baal is telling me all along I should keep the pilot light off on my flame thrower concerning the new poly balls from XSA factory.

What makes me shake my head at AcudaDave is that Baal and others have been telling him about the current seamless ball for a while now, but it's not until you said it that Jesus's second coming has hit him...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 7:45pm
NL, maybe Dave has not been reading the new ball threads (like Me) I certainly haven't been paying attention to these threads much. My perception of the ball was that it was going to be a disaster early and maybe improve, so I wasn't exactly eager to be reading minute by minute developments.

Maybe Dave just hasn't been following the new ball threads religiously (pun intended). Dave isn't exactly a TT newb and you know he isn't going to say some crazy senseless stuff, also, maybe he was just crediting me with an observation (that was much more deserved by Baal & Co)

I know I have a few times on the forums opened my mouth and jammed my foot in my mouth so deep it came out the other end... and I wasn't crucified over it (haha another intended pun), so let's cut Dave a little room eh. The forum has been generous to me about that.

Edited by BH-Man - 11/13/2014 at 7:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic