FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Have Xushaofa balls been banned?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Xu = Shhhhhhhhh (like asking kids to be quiet in the library)
Shao = Add a "S" in front of the word owl, so "S-owl" and say it strongly
Fa = Like F#uck but remove the "ck".

So Shhhhh - S-owl! - F#  Big smile

Way to go with hiding the offending letters in F*** Confused

Also letter "l" in S-owl is probably better skipped.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 4:48pm
Sorry JimT I have been typing using my phone... I didn't type in the "u" but the auto correction is doing some strange things... Like it even tries to correct "JimT" automatically twice right now. It's annoying.
Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Is that the same as this?

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:17pm
Same make but the red label ones are pre ittf approved so they are not as good as the black label ones. Those XSF Sports balls are even newer and meant for outside China.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:24pm
I'm not sure the red ones are still sold anywhere.  I had a box, they were ok.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:52pm
I see. The red ones are from old batches, then.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 5:54pm
Played with Red. They are worse than those 1st generation with same black logo, which are in turn inferior to XSF sports. My guess they were first, sort of trial version.

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
Iskandar Taib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iskandar Taib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I'm not sure the red ones are still sold anywhere.  I had a box, they were ok.

I think ttnpp has them. They come in the nifty tube.

Iskandar

Edited by Iskandar Taib - 11/19/2014 at 8:45pm
ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 10:57pm
I bought the new XSF Sports balls from Aliexpress. The seller seems legit, but the price was almost too good. I paid $18 total with shipping for 18 balls. I'll report back when I get a chance to hit with them in a few weeks. I have DHS seamed balls and Nittaku celluloid to compare them with.
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 1:35pm
One of my friends was so depressed by the Joola/DHS ball that I brought out my XSF ball to hit with him.  That ball plays much faster than the Joola/DHS ball.   He liked it and I gave it to him.  He hasn't played tournaments recently so he doesn't have to use the Joola ball.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 2:42pm
I mentioned this on another thread, but I MUCH prefer the color of the XSF balls. It is a bright white. I appreciated it last night as I played with and saw the new nittaku premium 40+ which seemed almost cream or off white in color. My old man eyes saw the XSF ball much, much better. I think the play is similar in the two.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 4:37pm
Yes, I see XSF better also. 

Also, I broke a new Nittaku Premium 40+ last night after 30 min.  You kind of need some time to figure this kind of thing out for sure, you can't just decide from one or two balls but I can say clearly now that durability is not great with Nittaku Premium 40+. 

Somebody asked what they smell like on the inside.  It is not camphor.  It is some other heavy organic solvent smell.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 5:21pm

Also, I broke a new Nittaku Premium 40+ last night after 30 min.  You kind of need some time to figure this kind of thing out for sure, you can't just decide from one or two balls but I can say clearly now that durability is not great with Nittaku Premium 40+. 

Somebody asked what they smell like on the inside.  It is not camphor.  It is some other heavy organic solvent smell.

I'm mostly interested in finding out which Chinese made seamed 40+ balls smell of camphor.  I'm curious if that tracks to manufacturer or not. I'm also a bit curious as to whether or not some balls are made with a celluloid/non-celluloid plastic mixture.

Edited by wturber - 11/20/2014 at 5:56pm
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

I'm mostly interested in finding out which Chinese made seemless 40+ balls smell of camphor.  I'm curious if that tracks to manufacturer or not. I'm also a bit curious as to whether or not some balls are made with a celluloid/non-celluloid plastic mixture.

If the balls are made of the same material as the Double Fish balls (Celluloid Acetate)  they should have a vinegar smell to them if you apply strong heat to them.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 5:55pm
Jay, I believe there is only one manufacturer of seamless balls, and that is a plant associated with XSF/Palio in China somewhere.  They make balls for several other companies too (YinHe, Nexy, Stag, etc.).  So the question of whether it smells of camphor or some other solvent ought to be the same answer the same for all of them (i.e.  no such smell).  Most companies contract with factories to make balls for them primarily to avoid the costs of trying to figure out how to make them themselves, since ping pong ball manufacturing is a pretty specialized business.  Presumably, Nexy or Stag negotiates a price, sends them a logo they can put on the balls, maybe has some specs for what they will accept for roundness and weight, and then arranges to get ITTF to approve them (which is probably easy if they come from a plant well known to ITTF).  What the other companies almost certainly don't do is make any recommendations to XSF/Palio  about details of plastic composition or manufacturing process. 

Just looking at the material, the plastic in XSF is clearly something different from what is used in Chinese seamed balls.  And the Nittaku Japan balls are yet again something else also.  You can tell from color and texture of these things and also compressibility. 
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 5:57pm

Jay, I believe there is only one manufacturer of seamless balls, 

My apologies.  I meant to type "seamed", not "seamless."
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 5:59pm

Just looking at the material, the plastic in XSF is clearly something different from what is used in Chinese seamed balls.  And the Nittaku Japan balls are yet again something else also.  You can tell from color and texture of these things and also compressibility. 

Right.  So the thing is that I find it odd that SHA balls smell of camphor.  Others have said that other brand Chinese seamed 40+ ball don't smell of camphor though.  That suggests some degree of variety in the plastics being used to make Chinese seamed balls (DHS & DoubleFish).
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 6:15pm
Oh yes, I see.  It was just pointed out to me that I have also typed "seamless" several times when I meant to write seamed.  Anyway, there are a lot of reports that DF is a little different from DHS and a little better.  To me they are both unacceptable and I never had the inclination to check the smell when I was using them.  Next Level is likely to know.
Iskandar Taib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iskandar Taib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 6:34am
This guy, I assume?

Also has 72 pieces for $69, 100 pieces for $76, and 100 1 star for $40.

Iskandar
ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 11:16am
^^^That's the one. I hope they are not fakes. I'll report back when I get them.
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic