Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 10 Servers of table tennis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gtx634 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtx634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 10 Servers of table tennis
    Posted: 11/09/2014 at 1:10pm
My Feedback
BTY joo Se Hyuk
FH:Vega Europe
BH:Grass D.Tecs
-
Stiga Allround Bengston
FH:Phantom 008
BH:Tackiness D
Sponsored Links

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 1:34pm
Great video! Waldner goes on the top on my list, both with the new and the old rules! 
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 1:44pm
I DEFENITLY think the order is wrong and they also forgot wang liqin.But ma Lin is defenitly not7 and he Zhy wen has so much variety he should def by top3 he probably has over 100 differen serves he usually practices over 10000 serves a day
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 5:45pm
I suspect 10,000 is a slight exaggeration. Even at just 5 seconds per serve (which surely would not allow there to be a great deal of quality to the practice), this would take almost 14 hours.
I would be very interested to see one of his service practice sessions, it must be like multiball.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2014 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I DEFENITLY think the order is wrong and they also forgot wang liqin.But ma Lin is defenitly not7 and he Zhy wen has so much variety he should def by top3 he probably has over 100 differen serves he usually practices over 10000 serves a day

Do you think Ma Lin should be higher or lower?? 
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2014 at 3:58pm
Its hard to tell because ma lins serves are very much different.He serves with extremely heavy spin but he zi wen has much more variation I think he zi wens serves should be a tad higher
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 7:41pm
It should be one list with the old rules and one with the new. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2014 at 3:28pm
lgl and ma lin would be top of my list.  waldner in there too.

It's hard to separate the serve from the third ball attack.  People have different objectives to their serves.

Remember Sears' high toss distance serves?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2014 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

It's hard to separate the serve from the third ball attack.  People have different objectives to their serves.

Great point.  What constitutes a truly great serve and I think that it has clearly changed over time.  Is the goal to win the point outright/force an easy kill (not as common now as it was when you could hide the ball), set up a 3rd ball attack, or prevent your opponent from attacking (even a BH flip)?
Different serves have different purposes.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2015 at 5:30pm
Is there anyone who got some videos with top 10 forehand topspins or something similar? Smile
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2015 at 2:16am
All-time best server Asuka SAKAI #1

Sakai's hypersonic serve should definately be on the top in the Best Serves List.

Every PP fan is delighted to see SAKAI doing his wonders in serving.
All the other servings in the List is a mere sleigh of hand, just a deception.

Sakai's serving is a real power stroke, the climax of ping pong dexterity and athleticism, uncontestable,   yes.

http://youtu.be/gfDVXPrLVkg

Edited by igorponger - 01/07/2015 at 3:03am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2015 at 12:50pm
Sleight of hand and deception is good serving!  It's not tennis, Igor!

But I have to admit, I have never seen anything like that guy you just posted.  Has he ever tried it in a match?
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2015 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

But I have to admit, I have never seen anything like that guy you just posted.  Has he ever tried it in a match?

That's just the uber-fast serve posted before. It won't work on pros and it's prolly gonna be faulted most of the times.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2015 at 4:46pm
Wow he serves faster than my forehand smash! Would be fun to se how it would work against the pros! 
Jama9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jama9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 6:21pm
Incredible. What spin is it?
Powerloop
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2015 at 7:43pm
Thats was the fastest serve I have seen! My favorite when it comes to services is Schlager Smile
wanhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2015 at 11:11pm
Quality over quantity..says the chinese coach
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2015 at 10:58am
A serve of that speed will be very dependent on the conditions of the venue and would be very difficult to produce in a series of serves on an unknown table.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2015 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I've played a  junior in a local league match who's tried to use this serve against me and my teammates. He couldn't get it as fast as the Japanese kid in the video, and it got mercilessly looped past him. He still beat us all 3:0 though :-(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic