Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

I am proud to present ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 2:29am
The complete "Shake-Family"

Edited by Magic_M - 09/04/2016 at 2:20am
Sponsored Links

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

@ E.ZegnaFan:

Where did I write or say, that my friend cleaned it by "sandblasting" ? I never wrote this and it is nonsense. The blade has been cleaned with a fluid, which is much more effective than acetone or anything like that. You can remove varnish or anything else with this fluid. Normal people can`t buy this in Germany, because it is not really healthy to work with it.

The blade has the same thickness as before (4,9 mm). Of course it looked a bit thicker before refreshing because of the old glue and dirt. For example old Stiga blades are often sealed with schellac. If you remove this lacquer, the blade will become thinner about 0,1 mm. But it is not the blade, that gets thinner. The blade gets its original thickness back.

The Shake Allround is a very controlled and light (71g) blade, which was only produced with this special kind of conic handle. The head size is 16,3 x 15,2 cm.

Yes manfred, I'm 100% sure you are right. 
 Our friend makes miracles out of blades which normally should have been thrown in the garbage....I've experienced this with some of my own blades.
And I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with "sandblasting" otherwise that could be easily seen and the outply would not be so nice.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 3:28am
I wonder what fluid this is?
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 4:07am
Originally posted by E.ZegnaFan E.ZegnaFan wrote:

@TKMP: AFAIK,he fixed/cleaned that blade by sandblasting as he mentioned once on German TT forum Big smile So any blade with lettering imprinted will be lost and blade's thickness might become thinner Cry

Thank for your answer.
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 4:19am

@ E.ZegnaFan:

Where did I write or say, that my friend cleaned it by "sandblasting" ? I never wrote this and it is nonsense. The blade has been cleaned with a fluid, which is much more effective than acetone or anything like that. You can remove varnish or anything else with this fluid. Normal people can`t buy this in Germany, because it is not really healthy to work with it.

The blade has the same thickness as before (4,9 mm). Of course it looked a bit thicker before refreshing because of the old glue and dirt. For example old Stiga blades are often sealed with schellac. If you remove this lacquer, the blade will become thinner about 0,1 mm. But it is not the blade, that gets thinner. The blade gets its original thickness back.

The Shake Allround is a very controlled and light (71g) blade, which was only produced with this special kind of conic handle. The head size is 16,3 x 15,2 cm.

Thank you for your explanation.  I try fix my blade but it not clean and shining like you friend done.
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 9:20am
@Magic_M : I mean the repair guy not you Tongue

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 9:46am
Yes, I know, but he definitely cleans the blades without any "sandblasting" like Kakapo wrote some Posts before. He uses a special cleaner, with which he is able to remove all kinds of lacquer, dirt or old glue.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2015 at 11:56am
Nearly every brand tried and still tries to produce blades with different characteristics on both sides. But with most of these blades the player does not feel big differences between forehand and backhand. There are only a few blades, which are really "Combi Woods". 

Nittaku Combi Wood Defence SOLD

One of the most famous Combi Woods is the Nittaku Combi Wood Defence, especially designed for defence: thin (5,1 mm), with big head size (16,8 x 16,1 cm) and lots of control.

Edited by Magic_M - 09/04/2016 at 2:16am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 8:48am
The Combi Wood Defence is a blade, which can also be used for Allround players, if you reduce the head size of this blade (that does not work with any blade).

Here you can see the pictures of such a "Combi Wood Allround" Wink sold

Head size = 15,9 x 15,4 cm / Thickness = 5,9 mm / Weight = 80g

Edited by Magic_M - 08/29/2015 at 7:33am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 3:22pm
The second blade from this series is more for offensive players.

Nittaku Combi Wood Attack SOLD

Edited by Magic_M - 09/04/2016 at 2:17am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 1:59pm
I have another Combi Wood Attack in my collection, which is different in several details. sold

Look at the pictures above and compare both CWA:
  • The handle of the first blade is larger/longer (1 = 10,8 cm / 2 = 10.47 cm)
  • The handle of blade 1 is placed higher on the head
  • Blade 1 has a wider handle (1 = 2.79-3,35 mm / 2 = 2,73-3,29 mm)
  • The lens is placed deeper on the handle of blade 2
  • The second layer of blade 2 looks much darker
And what you can`t see on the pictures:
  • Blade 1 is heavier (1 = 88,7g / 2 = 80,2g), although they have the same thickness (6,5 mm)
My explanation for these differences is, that blade 2 is older than blade 1, because previously the handles were placed deeper on the head, which gives more flexibility. You can see this fact especially on pictures of old Stiga blades. 

As far as I know, the first Combi Wood Attack series was produced with a carbon layer instead of rosewood as second layer on the forehand-side. Although this layer (in blade 2) does not look like most actual carbon-layers, it may be this carbon series, because this layer is much thinner and darker in blade 2, compared with the rosewood-layer in blade 1. But I am not sure about this detail. It may also be possible, that Nittaku used different kinds of rosewood over the time.

Here you can compare the different handles of my CWA and CWD blades:

From left to right (below to top): CWD 2 - CWD 1 - CWA 2 - CWA 1

February 2015:

With a little luck I got two more Combi Wood - 1 Attack and 1 Defence, both from a very old series, with dark hinoki outer veneer.

both = SOLD

Look at the handle of this Combi Wood Defence. Do you see the red stripes? This is an indication, that my new old CWD is from the very first series.

But there is another detail, which shows, that the blade is from this series, because the very first series had a tag under the handle, which was glued, not nailed.

The last picture shows the different color of the hinoki outer veneer between these two Combi Wood and my other CWD/CWA:

Edited by Magic_M - 09/04/2016 at 2:19am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2015 at 2:40pm
Most people think, that the Combi Wood series were the only Nittaku blades with different characteristics on forehand and backhand, but that`s not right, because there was another series, which used different outer veneers on forehand and backhand instead of different second veneer like used in the Combi Wood.

Maybe the Nittaku management thought about the right way for a long time and suddenly one of them had a nice dream and when he woke, he had found the solution. 

Nittaku Magic Solution SOLD

The Magic Solution got a nut-ply as outer veneer on the forehand side and a softer limba veneer on the backhand side. This first version of the Magic Solution was released in the early 80`s. It was a very good blade and it is also extremely rare.

This blade is new and unused. I got it with the original rubbers (Nittaku Milford 1,6 mm black and Nittaku High Super Drive 1,6 mm red). But I like my blades "naked", because I am not a "durex-fan". 
Wink

Edited by Magic_M - 09/04/2016 at 2:19am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2015 at 10:33am
At the end of the 80`s Nittaku changed the outer veneer of the Magic Solution from nut to blue dyed koto. 

Nittaku Magic Solution 2 SOLD

If you have followed this complete thread, you may remember, that Stiga did the same with their Offensiv Wood, when they changed the outer veneer from nut (Stiga Offensive) to brown dyed koto (Stiga Offensiv Classic) or with their Super Carbon (from nut in the first series to black dyed koto in the next series).

The second version of the Magic Solution is not as rare as the first version, but I like the look of both blades. Real beauties in my eyes. 

Edited by Magic_M - 09/04/2016 at 2:20am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2015 at 12:38pm
Although I am collecting Stiga blades primary and Donic / Nittaku with next priority, the most beautiful blade in my collection is a Butterfly blade.

Butterfly Anatomic SOLD

The Anatomic is not only the most beautiful blade in my collection. In my eyes it is the most beautiful blade EVER. And therefore I will post some additional informations about the man, who had the idea, to produce such a fantastic blade.

James Heiloway

He was a german skilled craftsman, who lived in the south of Germany (Bavaria region). In the 70`s he designed many beautiful anatomic blades and produced them by hand and sold them as "Heiloway Anatomic". Later (in the early 80`s) he signed a contract with Tamasu Butterfly and from this moment on Butterfly renamed the blade into "Butterfly Anatomic". 

For everyone, who wants to read the full story: here you can read a wonderful article of Fabio Marcotulli, printed in "Table Tennis Collector" Nr. 63 from February 2012 (Page 10-12).

And here are the pictures of my Nr. 1  Smile  Tongue  Big smile  Clap  Star  Thumbs Up

When I got this beauty, 2 Butterfly Sriver were fluid on it and I am sure, most (or nearly all) collectors would have stored it with these original rubbers, but everyone, who followed my thread, knows, that I prefer to see the pure wood. 

Edited by Magic_M - 09/04/2016 at 2:21am
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2015 at 3:57pm
This is a really nice oneClap

A friend of mine plays with such an anatomic Heiloway and it is not only a nice one but also a good one.
My friend plays with armstrong vector and SP butterfly rein in the backhand. Very nice all-round combo.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2015 at 5:53pm
I have tried over the years to get one of those blades. Did you know that there was also a matching wooden case for them?
 I once met someone that had bought two when they hit the market. They were his main bats when I met him about 15 years ago.
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 12:04am
That makes me feel the same way I felt the first time I saw a Tenaly.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

I have tried over the years to get one of those blades. Did you know that there was also a matching wooden case for them? I once met someone that had bought two when they hit the market. They were his main bats when I met him about 15 years ago.
No. I did not know that, but I am definitely interested in such a wood case. 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 12:57pm
Magic_M is proud... rightfully so.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 1:06pm
This player had two bats which fit into a Butterfly wooden case. The (ply?) holder inside the case was carved to match the anatomic shape. Very professional work. I remember him saying that he had paid quite a lot for the complete set.
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 1:39am
Here my own collection ends in the moment, but I have some more old blades from different brands, which are also very rare and which are available for a trade against the missing blades in my primary Stiga-collection:
  • Bengtsson Graphite Wood (black double lens)
  • Bengtsson Offensiv Evolution (red double lens)
  • Stellan Allround Evolution (red single lens)
  • Bengtsson Super Carbon (2nd series, with white imprint)
Of course we have to talk about the value of our blades. But I am sure, we will find a solution. Wink
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 1:52am
The next blade is one of the best Butterfly blades, which Butterfly ever produced and maybe it is the most sold blade in their history.

Butterfly Primorac sold

But the quality and characteristics of this blade had a big variety over the years. You will find very light blades with weights of less than 80g and you can also find blades near 100g.

During the time Butterfly had an experimental phase, where they tried to modify this famous bestseller with such silly things like "solid balance core". Fortunately they sopped this nonsense and continued with the classical version.

The best Primorac blades were the first blades with the small head (15,2 x 14,9 cm) and the old imprint on the head.

This beauty has a thickness of 5,6 mm and a weight of 94g, which shows the top quality of the limba veneers. This blade has nothing to to with the actual version of the Primorac.

Edited by Magic_M - 08/29/2015 at 7:34am
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 6:50am
Hi Manfred,

Impressive collection!!!
I would like to ask you questions as expert about the clipper blades in this pic

-The first one on the left is a clipper bengtsson without serial and weight of 100gr. Can you know the approximate year by the color of the handle?.
-The 2nd one is a rare bengtsson of 87-8gr with serial "G" (1982), but the handle is not dark as the yours. Were so the handle of the clippers in the last years with serial?
-The 3rd one is like the yours red-one-len and 110gr. But the mine has "Stellan" in the handle and the yours has "Stellan Bengtsson", this signifies that the mine is younger?
-The 4th one is a clipper with blue len and "wrb system". I suppose that is the first one after the ones with red lenses. Do you know the approximate years?.

Thanks in advance.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 7:34am

The next blade is one of the best Butterfly blades, which Butterfly ever produced and maybe it is the most sold blade in their history.

Butterfly Primorac

But the quality and characteristics of this blade had a big variety over the years. You will find very light blades with weights of less than 80g and you can also find blades near 100g.

During the time Butterfly had an experimental phase, where they tried to modify this famous bestseller with such silly things like "solid balance core". Fortunately they sopped this nonsense and continued with the classical version.

The best Primorac blades were the first blades with the small head (15,2 x 14,9 cm) and the old imprint on the head.

This beauty has a thickness of 5,6 mm and a weight of 94g, which shows the top quality of the limba veneers. This blade has nothing to to with the actual version of the Primorac.

IMO, there are 3 classic blades from Butterfly which were perfect all wood ones in their first years, I mean Primorac off-, Korbel off and Gubba all+.
Look at their longevity and their success through the years.
Unfortunately, their success has lead to their.....decline regarding quality. Butterfly Europe really makes bad blades in general and even the new Korbel made in Japan don't match the quality of the older ones.
Manfred, your Primorac off- with its age, condition, weight and thickness would surely interest not only a bunch of collectorsWink but most of all big players (really big players (super division players I know in Belgium for instance). For me, as a player and as a collector,  this particular blade is the KING of your collectionClap
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 3:02pm
@ jabemu:

- The left blade is from the end of the 80`s / beginning of the 90`s (thumbs-cut, golden lens-script)
- The second blade is from 1981 (G-series). That`s one of the first Clipper Wood
- Yes, the third blade is a bit younger than my red double lens. I would like to add it to my collection. Wink
- I can`t tell you anything about your 4th blade, because it was not interesting for me.

The first "double-lenses" were produced in 1975. These blades had the imprint "MADE BY STIGA" and STIGA in white letters. The other lens had the imprint "MODEL DESIGNED BY ..." and the whole imprint also in white. Additional these blades had a serial-number on the side of the handle. This serial-number shows the age of the blade, because there is a letter (A = 1975, B = 1976 ... J = 1983) and two numbers (01 = first week of the year ... 52 = last week). This kind of lens-combination was produced up to the beginning of 1983. 

After this time Stiga changed one of the lenses. "MODEL DESIGNED BY" changed into golden letters. Additional these blades did not get any serial-number. I can`t say exactly, how long this lens-combination was produced, but it may be a few years. So tiehwen`s straight Allround Wood is from this time.

The last version of the black "double-lenses" was produced from the end of the 80`s up to the 90`s. Now the other lens changed to "MADE IN" and STIGA in golden letters. That`s the version of tiehwen`s anatomic ALLROUND WOOD. This lens-combination was used for the last "Allround Wood" and the follower "Allround Classic"
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Manfred, your Primorac off- with its age, condition, weight and thickness would surely interest not only a bunch of collectorsWink but most of all big players (really big players (super division players I know in Belgium for instance). For me, as a player and as a collector,  this particular blade is the KING of your collectionClap 
And the best: this "KING" is available for a trade against a Bengtsson Graphite Wood. Wink
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 3:28pm
Another very good and famous Butterfly blade was the old

Butterfly Power Drive sold

Composition: hinoki - rosewood - ayous - rosewood - hinoki

My Power Drive is from an old version, with the old script and black metal tag. I had several Power Drive, but this was the only ST version and it was also the lightest of my Power Drive (90g).

Edited by Magic_M - 08/29/2015 at 7:35am
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 10:19pm
your Power Drive very cool
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2015 at 1:00am

Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

And the best: this "KING" is available for a trade against a Bengtsson Graphite Wood. Wink

CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2015 at 12:48pm
A little bit later Butterfly changed the old script against the "normal" (usual) script.
Here you can see a new and unplayed blade from this version, with thumbs cut and old metal tag. sold

Edited by Magic_M - 08/29/2015 at 7:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic