FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola or Tibhar table ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola or Tibhar table ?
    Posted: 11/22/2014 at 12:48am
Club has option of getting a used Joola SC 3000 from Nationals or a new Tibhar Smash 28/R.  Both would be about the same price.  

We have purchased 3 of the used Joola SC 3000's are are quite happy with them except for the fact that they take 2 people to raise and lower.  I like to have the option of setting up a table by myself for robot practice or to get club ready for early play.   Played a couple of times on the Tibhar at another club.  One of our club members likes the Tibhars that he plays on regularly at the club when he visits his fathers home. 
Might also be nice to have a different type of table at the club just to get used to changing table types for tournaments. 

Would appreciate any feedback anyone could give on the pro/cons of one versus the other or how the characteristics of the tables are different (speed, bounce, spin bite, etc).

Mark
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 9:03am
I would go for the Smash 28.  They are very similar in construction except it is my understanding that the Tibhar has a 3mm thicker top.  I have played on both and the are both ok.  As for setting up and taking down, they are the same.  It takes two people.  In fact, the bottom is identical for the two, the only thing different is the table top that is screwed on.

Of course it depends on price.  At comparable price, go with the Tibhar.
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 9:21am
the JOOLA table is made from "chip board" it is a harder material than "partical wood" that is the reason it is thinner 7/8 the partical board tables are 1 inch thick. also the 300sc has a baked finished that will look good 10 years from now, BUT..it will chip if you drop the net or a tool on to it, i have a couple of them on my table, other than that, i think all of the hi-end tables play well and look nice.
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 12:55pm
just an FYI ..... Future Shop just started carrying joola tables. they are on sale right now for black friday
for only $299!...... a savings of $400 big ones!!!!! pretty good bargain if u ask me.
keep in mind im only basing this info off the flyer i got for black friday and im in toronto canada.....

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2014 at 1:28am
Baal,

Are we talking about the same table?  The Paddle Palace website shows a 28/R as having 8 wheels where each separate side folds up and rolls independently.   Joola only has 4 wheels and sides are hinged together in the middle.   With sides folding up and rolling independently I thought that one person could put those up and down by themselves.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic