FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Innerforce ZLC plus Tenergy 05 fx ?!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Innerforce ZLC plus Tenergy 05 fx ?!!!
    Posted: 11/22/2014 at 1:15am
Are any of you guys using this set up? can you give me a review ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 1:46am
You really need to stop looking for salvation in equipment.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 5:14am
@fatt, very well said :)   

There is nothing wrong checking out new equipment. It won't increase your own skills though. 

Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It sounds like you want to tame the blade pushing the composite material down to the core; then tame the rubber as well to spin easier while getting bounciness to manage as a no small fee to pay; in other words you are looking for trouble, like loving with your heart fast, lively setups that you want to slow down with your logical mind. again nothing wrong but i mean you are setting yourself up for a lot of time wasted ahead. I suggest you get yourself a zjk alc with a good old palio blit'z 2.0 on both sides for a few months (maybe years). That will get you back on track with a stable setup so you can focus on kicking bottoms around town instead of pulling your hair on what material to buy. good luck.

haha very funny , it's nice to hear from you my friend but I am not trying to test or buy new equipment, I am already playing with this set up . I was just wondering if anyone else is using it and how they like it. amazing set up with lots of control. By The Way I still have the Darker Speed 90 that you sold to me for $220 !!! just used it for half hour , it's way out of control ! maybe if you buy it back I'll be able to get the Palio Blitz that you are recommending ( LoL) or at least give a review on this rubber. anyhow take care and let me know about the Speed 90.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 10:07am
There are lots of great setups out there with lots of control. I am currently using Vega Euro blade with Big Dipper on both sides and I love it for these plastic terriballs. But I also did well with Vega Pro blade with T05 so I might just have gotten better. Both are zlc type blades from Xiom. But if you sent me your combo, I am sure I can play with it as well ;).
Cybershape Carbon
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It sounds like you want to tame the blade pushing the composite material down to the core; then tame the rubber as well to spin easier while getting bounciness to manage as a no small fee to pay; in other words you are looking for trouble, like loving with your heart fast, lively setups that you want to slow down with your logical mind. again nothing wrong but i mean you are setting yourself up for a lot of time wasted ahead. I suggest you get yourself a zjk alc with a good old palio blit'z 2.0 on both sides for a few months (maybe years). That will get you back on track with a stable setup so you can focus on kicking bottoms around town instead of pulling your hair on what material to buy. good luck.

... and that is another fantastic piece of blogging, fatt! Man, u r good!~
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 5:01pm
that speed 90...you were in Australia at the time correct? that's where I shipped it if I remember correctly.
It was years years ago, like 2 or 3? tracking with priority international packaging is not cheap, I agree.
10mm thick, perfect eyes on the sides...the best speed 90 I ever owned; if I could control it I would buy it back in a minute.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

So how come I see you changed your blade in your signature like 3 times these past few months? Matter of fact you are playing with 2 new setups, not just one.

Just let them get whatever they want, if someone wants certain blade/setup I say let them get it and try for themselves whether or not they will like it. They can always resell it if they don't. It's not a big deal.

Edited by DreiZ - 11/23/2014 at 12:53pm
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

So how come I see you changed your blade in your signature like 3 times these past few months? Matter of fact you are playing with 2 new setups, not just one.

Just let them get whatever they want, if someone wants certain blade/setup I say let them get it and try for themselves whether or not they will like it. They can always resell it if they don't. It's not a big deal.

Agree with you Dreiz..
Shifter
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 2:11pm
I don't think I ever tell anyone not to get what they want. What I tell people is to

1 . Use your equipment for an extended period of time (four to six months) before switching.

2. De emphasize revie6ws and emphasize in person testing of the setups of others.

3. Accept that unless you make major changes in blade speed or rubber class, EJing is not going to so much good for your game (worse if you change setups all the time).

I have been playing USATT 2000 or thereabouts with every set up I have changed to over the past two months. I have been testing my current setup as a forehand training Chinese set up for well over a month. Before that, I used Tenergy 05 for 7 months and while I strongly recommend it, you never heard me asking questions about how Tenergy goes with this or that blade. Those questions are pretty ridiculous.

I bought Big Dipper - relatively cheap rubber based on the reviews of Tony and Andy. It grew on me over time, possibly because using it on a slower blade improved my control and comfort swinging at the ball. But you can search in vain for the thread where I ask how Big Dipper performs on a ZLC type blade.

With T05 on ZLC or wood, or Big Dipper on ZLC (Xiom Vega I mean), I am still playing about the same. I just prefer how Big Dipper feels. But someone else might consider it crap. That is fine too. But writing many posts repeatedly asking how this blade matches with that rubber is really what I have an issue with.

Get a blade in a speed class. Get a rubber of choice. Play with both for six months. During this period, repeatedly borrow and test equipment. At the end of six months, you will have an idea what you want to try next if anything. And you will have saved time not focusing on equipment to the point it hurts your game.

AndySmith and Ttping85 are my two fave EJs. Emulate them! Buy and test or borrow and test. Feel free to review. But don't describe anything as if it is a game changer by itself.

ZLC should be ZXC as technically these are Xiom blades.

Edited by NextLevel - 11/23/2014 at 2:19pm
Cybershape Carbon
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 2:12pm

I don't blame him at all. The mysterious Viscaria is now available so I must have with Renanos Bright Soft. It will make my game better ha.

Ej syndrome is a terrible thing to waste. Some of you guys are just too serious.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 2:49pm
I don't condone constant equipment change either but I think IF ZLC + T05fx is a very good setup. Although I've never tried it, I would play with it if it wasn't so expensive.

Obviously the higher the ranking, the more ability someone has to utilize expensive setups to their full potentials. I played with TB ALC and had to sell it primarily of the handle size/comfort, but I would love to get my hands on a IF ZLC, but after I break 2000 ;).

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 3:34pm
Just about any modern blade + any modern rubber is a good setup. After a player becomes consistent, they can answer the question of whether they need more or less power, more or less touch etc. Many people pick setups without focusing on how they win or lose points, or understanding how they want to play. They talk about how they think they play, but never get specific for good reason - they would have to address the holes in their game.

I consider TTEdge one of the best websites ever. There are three extremely valuable EJ videos from Will on it. The topics are: Traditional Rubbers, Tensors and Very Fast Blades. The last one especially, I watch every once in a while. I wish more people could, though they are paying members only. After you fully appreciate those lessons, you will stop thinking about blades/rubber and focus more on blade/rubber classes.
Cybershape Carbon
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 4:31pm
I am playing with this exact setup right now .
The feel is great well balanced controllable with a lot of gears. You can do slow opening loops and flicks and fast enough deadly loops from all distances.
I think it is the best combination for innerforce zlc .
Keep in mind that this blade is one of the best blades ever invented, so if you don't like it after few months just keep it you will end up returning to it , trust me I changed so many blades and after all these years this one I chose to buy it back with the same setup. After all it is based on classical Peter korbel with zlc in it:)
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

I am playing with this exact setup right now .
The feel is great well balanced controllable with a lot of gears. You can do slow opening loops and flicks and fast enough deadly loops from all distances.
I think it is the best combination for innerforce zlc .
Keep in mind that this blade is one of the best blades ever invented, so if you don't like it after few months just keep it you will end up returning to it , trust me I changed so many blades and after all these years this one I chose to buy it back with the same setup. After all it is based on classical Peter korbel with zlc in it:)

Great, thanks a lot for your reply Mickael, finally someone came out who knows this equipment, I like this set up too. how do you like the 05 fx on your backhand? For me the opening loop is great but if it's blocked and I try to flat hit the poped ball it doesn't really work. what I mean is that the T05 fx is not so much for flat hitting on the backhand side and rather it is better for looping but on the forehand side I can flat hit even the low balls. how about you? how do you like it on the backhand side?

Edited by Mdman - 11/23/2014 at 5:13pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 5:40pm
Someone told me once that a 2600 player didn't like 05 FX on his backhand because he couldn't flat hit with it. For this reason, he used some other rubber. Latest reports reveal 05 FX is on his backhand. What changed is not yet reported...
Cybershape Carbon
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 5:47pm

Just about any modern blade + any modern rubber is a good setup. After a player becomes consistent, they can answer the question of whether they need more or less power, more or less touch etc.  

Awesome comment, NL. 
Gotta give you Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Edited by aroonkl - 11/23/2014 at 6:09pm
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 6:00pm
Dear Mdman most information you will get here is from average jo hacks, very few of us will have the same style and most of us are dreamers and wantabe's, It would be be better for you to go to a good coach and tell them your problem, about not being able to flat hit a popup ball on your backhand, most times it relates to angles,speed and effort. then report what you have learned to us
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Mdman Mdman wrote:

Great, thanks a lot for your reply Mickael, finally someone came out who knows this equipment, I like this set up too. how do you like the 05 fx on your backhand? For me the opening loop is great but if it's blocked and I try to flat hit the poped ball it doesn't really work. what I mean is that the T05 fx is not so much for flat hitting on the backhand side and rather it is better for looping but on the forehand side I can flat hit even the low balls. how about you? how do you like it on the backhand side?
-When the weak return from block goes high, and you have problem flat hit to kill it, it would be stroke & racket angle. Normal it does not matter much as ball is high and you drive it flat to target. You might not really flat kill. 
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 6:20pm

There are lots of great setups out there with lots of control. I am currently using Vega Euro blade with Big Dipper on both sides and I love it for these plastic terriballs. But I also did well with Vega Pro blade with T05 so I might just have gotten better. Both are zlc type blades from Xiom. But if you sent me your combo, I am sure I can play with it as well ;).

Narcissistic ...

With no answer to the OP...

This forum is full of questions about how this plays with that. Surely that's what we expect from a TT forum..?

Remember, there are no stupid questions; just stupid answers...

I know a player who uses T05 FX on FH of his Inn ZLC and he loves it. He has used different BH rubbers ranging from Bluefire M1 & M2, T25. He currently has an old T05 on BH cos its lost it springiness but still spins well. ...

1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 6:33pm
Cranestyle,

My memory may not be right but were you not the one who spent a long time looking for a BH rubber, casting aside many good high throw rubbers, then left Calibra LT Spin behind as well, settled on Dafwei XP, then had your coach tell you that you needed something more modern to compete at higher levels?

Please confirm if that was you because that might help people understand where your comments are coming from...

In any case , OP has been asking similar questions for months now. He had a whole other thread on 05 FX vs 80. That he felt compelled to open a brand new one is puzzling.

Edited by NextLevel - 11/23/2014 at 6:37pm
Cybershape Carbon
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 7:01pm

Cranestyle,

My memory may not be right but were you not the one who spent a long time looking for a BH rubber, casting aside many good high throw rubbers, then left Calibra LT Spin behind as well, settled on Dafwei XP, then had your coach tell you that you needed something more modern to compete at higher levels?

Please confirm if that was you because that might help people understand where your comments are coming from...

In any case , OP has been asking similar questions for months now. He had a whole other thread on 05 FX vs 80. That he felt compelled to open a brand new one is puzzling.

Sorry NL that's not me. ...

I do confess that finding "My" BH rubber has led me around the houses and back to T25 FX because I perform better in matches with it; I also stated this in another BH rubber thread. ...

I hear ya when you refer to the OP's previous posts, but we can try to answer his questions and guide him. ...

It's not easy trying to "tune" our setups. Just when you think it's there, curiosity gets the best of us. ...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 7:20pm
Cranestyle,

Understood. We all have different ways of guiding. One of the.ways I learned that EJing was a bit overhyped was that no matter what rubber or blade I used, hard soft, Chinese, tacky or pips (well, long pips are the exception), my backhand was always great and my forehand was always a struggle.

I am an EJ so I get it. But I also play much more than most adults. The number of adults who are willing to spend $300 on a setup to play with rather than $200 on a camera to record their matches is interesting. Yet a camera will improve your game more than any blade you can buy if you want to improve.
Cybershape Carbon
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2014 at 2:50am
Mdman if you still have troubles with smashing after some time you could try Rasant. They combine very well on this blade. 1.9 or even 1.7 is enough on BH. Actually i can't see differences maybe microscope is needed. Rasant is much more secure for smashing than Tenergy. You will get just a little bit lower arc than T05 but since the blade is with high the combo is great. On other side the control will be much better. 
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 4:48pm
Tenergy 05fx is more sensitive to spin than other rubbers, but if u have the feel and touch you can smash and counter with it. But if you want to make your life easier than try jp1 or jp1 turbo on backhand like a friend of mine uses on if zlc, it just kills the incoming spin like magic!
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic