Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aggressive Forehand Loop Demo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bbll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aggressive Forehand Loop Demo
    Posted: 11/26/2014 at 10:25pm
This is the slow motion demo of aggressive Forehand loop. The  player is a first division player in Hong Kong. You can see his motion is completely different from his previous spinny loop demo.

English subtitle is provided.

Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 11:10pm
Even better if it is accompanied by an in-match demonstration.

Such as the one below @ 4:56

Edited by zeio - 11/26/2014 at 11:10pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 12:40pm
so instead of having a swing that is close to 90 degrees, lessen it by 15 or so? aside from the emphasis on body swing and amount of contact?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 10:34pm
More or less, since the stroke in the demonstration is technically 衝下旋 or fast loop against backspin.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Edmundtt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmundtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 9:04pm
When I was a beginner, I didn't notice before one of the big difference of loop against backspin, especially spinny loop is emphasizing on moving right leg upward. But now my problem is I seldom be able to do the agressive loop(fast loop) against backspin during the game. I always naturally will do the spinny loop style. Any good suggestion to change that?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Edmundtt Edmundtt wrote:

When I was a beginner, I didn't notice before one of the big difference of loop against backspin, especially spinny loop is emphasizing on moving right leg upward. But now my problem is I seldom be able to do the agressive loop(fast loop) against backspin during the game. I always naturally will do the spinny loop style. Any good suggestion to change that?

I usually do spinny loop against heavy backspin, but after watching the video I tried it Friday, the way they described it and was able to get a much faster loop and got it over the net.  I used an angle less close than a loop drive and more speed and contact than a spinny loop.
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2014 at 12:13am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Even better if it is accompanied by an in-match demonstration.

Such as the one below @ 4:56

The amount of cho/cho le in this video is over 9000! :))
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2014 at 9:17pm
Fast loop is back to front, spinny loop is down to up at the extremes. Vary in themiddle for differences in speed/spin.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Edmundtt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmundtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2014 at 10:00pm
You posted a great reference, even with a specific time in a match.
For some readers' reference, the title said it is a match between the demonstrator and an ex-Chinese National Player.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 1:56am
One aspect not mentioned in the video is the timing.  Try to aim for the top of bounce or right after.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Edmundtt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmundtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 2:58am
I think most of the time is it right, but for fast underspin ball which is close to the edge and you are standing near to the edge, you may not have enough time to wait for the ball to reach its top position in its trajectory. At those case, you might probably hitting the ball at its rising stage.
Do you think so?

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 4:26pm
There are two common options for cases like that.  The safer of the two is to push it back.  The other is to move out of the way during which the ball would descend to the proper height for a spinny loop.  Fast loop against backspin is usually a one-shot winner.  You want to put in as much quality as you possibly can.  Whenever you cannot fulfill that criteria, it is best to fall back to another stroke.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Ringer84 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 5:11pm
It's amazing to me how early the looper gets his right foot set and planted.  He has his right foot down well before the ball bounces on his side of the table, yet still manages to be in the perfect position every time in order to hit the ball right at the peak of the bounce. It's obvious that these two players have perfected this drill through hundreds or thousands of repetitions.

When I try this drill with my practice partners, the pushes I receive are at varying speeds and lengths on the table, which makes the drill more random than static.  That's good for simulating match type play I suppose, but not best for mastering your technique/timing.

Oh well.  Multiball I suppose!
USATT Rating: 1785
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Andro Rasant
BH: Baracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic