Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Light Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light Rubbers
    Posted: 11/27/2014 at 3:32pm
Hi,

I want to know what rubbers do you know that can be considered 'light rubber'. Not necessary 'ultralight'.
I'm looking for a backhand rubber, actually very happy with Nittaku Galze, light one.
I want to keep a Tenergy on my forehand so I try to find a light rubber for backhand. Just alternatives to Galze.

Thanks.
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
Sponsored Links

DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 4:35pm
Thanks fatt, but I did a search before and I didn't found that, why?
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 7:54pm

If you liked the Galze, you'd be amazed with the Fast Arc S1 which you could really buy it so cheap at TT japan for $28. It's a steal for that price so it won't hurt your wallet to give it a try.

In fact, the rubber is my fave bh rubber and I must let you know you'd not only be amazed by it's light weight, but more so with it's lightning speed and awesome touch control.. being so controllable you wouldn't worry of it's speed and it's fast only if you swing hard. In fact it is even superb on short games and drop shots.

The only drawback is the speed diminishes over time. Mine noticeable lost its speed after 2 and half week though still blazingly fast than my other fast rubbers.

Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 7:13am
tibhar genius sound, 5q sound, stiga calibra lt sound
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 2:08pm
Calibra sound! 
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 11:34am
I had to bring one of these back from the dead and this was the most recent.
I'm looking for a very light BH rubber.
5 requirements:  light, spinny, available in under 2.0 thickness, not too fast/bouncy, and not brittle.

I'm currently using Narucross GS Soft in 1.8/19 and it's just too fast/bouncy for me right now.  I like everything else about it so far.  I used to really like Joola Energy Xtra, but it just doesn't last.
I'm open to anything, especially if it's not too expensive.

I'll have to re-weigh my marder 3, it might fit the bill.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 7:18pm
Vega Europe, Vega Asia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 7:36pm
Is VE that light?

Here are some weights (cut to similar size and with a layer of glue):
Narucross GS Super Soft 1.8/1.9: 34.9g
Vega Europe (not sure if it's 2.0 or max): 41.2.  It might save a couple of grams in the thinner sponge I guess.

According to http://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/
The narucross in 1.8 is .188 g/cm^2
The vega europe is all over the map.  Ranging from .184 in 2.0 to .241 in 1.8 which of course doesn't make sense.  

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 7:59pm
tibhar 5q sound, genius sound
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 10:17am
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

5 requirements:  light, spinny, available in under 2.0 thickness, not too fast/bouncy, and not brittle.

LKT Pro XP: (very) light, spinny (not extra but ok), available in under 2.0 thickness, (definitely) not too fast/bouncy, and not brittle (I am not sure what does it mean? Pro XP is soft)
Be aware it is not a tensor an is quite slow.

Edited by dajdosta - 03/04/2015 at 10:24am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 10:48am
Originally posted by dajdosta dajdosta wrote:

LKT Pro XP: (very) light, spinny (not extra but ok), available in under 2.0 thickness, (definitely) not too fast/bouncy, and not brittle (I am not sure what does it mean? Pro XP is soft)
Be aware it is not a tensor an is quite slow.

On Coles' site, he said that XP will only be available in 2.1.  Zero pong only has it in 2.0+
When I said not brittle, I was referring to durability.
For instance, I used to love Joola Energy Xtra, but it just didn't last.  After a couple of months performance started deteriorating quickly.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 11:15am

Is VE that light?

my was cut to Viscaria and weight only 44g in max thickness
zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 11:44pm

I'm looking for a very light BH rubber.

Maybe give Rakza 7 Soft a try.
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 12:06am
Good old mark v would fit the bill. 1.8mm Weighed 41g in my Donic blade. I recently glued it back on after being disappointed with rhyzm 425 2mm non-linearity. Worked a treat. I rarely attack from distance with the bh and for over the table stuff mark v could do it all superbly. you do need a fastish blsde though as it isn't fast.
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 3:31am

On Coles' site, he said that XP will only be available in 2.1.  Zero pong only has it in 2.0+
When I said not brittle, I was referring to durability.
For instance, I used to love Joola Energy Xtra, but it just didn't last.  After a couple of months performance started deteriorating quickly.

Maybe they don't make them in 1.8 anymore, I don't know.
Durability was ok for me.
I forgot to mention, it is slightly tacky and black always felt better than red for me.

zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 3:52am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

tibhar 5q sound, genius sound
+1

5Qsound is lighter and 'eats' the ball better. lighter than the vegaeuro and rakza7soft i used before. not as fast too
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 4:13pm
Mostly soft rubbers mentioned...
I use rakza 7 soft on bh, it's not too fast, and not springy at all, and it should not be heavy in 1.8 and 2.0mm (I used 2.0 for long time and it was ~40gr cut), but now I got it in max thickness, 44 gr cut, this is slightly heavier than I'd like.
Acuda s2 is not heavy, maybe 42-43gr in 2.0mm but it has some bounce.
Acuda s3 is very light, very soft, some bounce, something like 37gr in 2.0mm. 
Acudas are lower throw rubbers.
Rakza 7 2.0mm is like 44-46 gr cut. Few years ago I thought this is heavy, but now when most new rubbers are 48-50gr cut, acudas and rakzas are pretty acceptable in weight.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic