FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What is missing in catalogs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is missing in catalogs?
    Posted: 12/14/2014 at 9:04pm
I happen to think that it would be nice to have the information about wood veneers included for blades in the catalogs, as well as "area weight g/cm*2" for rubber sheets. 
There may be other parameters/features that it would be nice to have included there...

(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Sponsored Links

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2014 at 1:10am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

I happen to think that it would be nice to have the information about wood veneers included for blades in the catalogs, as well as "area weight g/cm*2" for rubber sheets. 
There may be other parameters/features that it would be nice to have included there...

+1

I would like to know the PH level of the soil where the trees were grown used for the blades. It could affect their longevity and hardness.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2014 at 4:07am
I think with today's modern age and technology, they should stop doing printed catalogues or limit the printed catalogues to certain information only - to save resources

Detailed information can be online based.

I agree wood veneers is a good idea, but I feel like some companies will keep them a secret, as some even reply "confidential" when one asks them.

Edited by ZApenholder - 12/15/2014 at 4:08am
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

+1

I would like to know the PH level of the soil where the trees were grown used for the blades. It could affect their longevity and hardness.
Thumbs Down No, I am pretty sure the pH of the soil is not of interest to most forumers. Many people have discussed the veneers and their properties in the past, I find it interesting. If you don't - keep it to yourself.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2014 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

I think with today's modern age and technology, they should stop doing printed catalogues or limit the printed catalogues to certain information only - to save resources

Detailed information can be online based.

I agree wood veneers is a good idea, but I feel like some companies will keep them a secret, as some even reply "confidential" when one asks them.

Yes, of course the printed catalogues are becoming the thing of the past. But, as you have certainly noticed, that would be a different topic. 
I offer that, in the online catalogs, the information about veneers and about "area weight" of rubbers could be included even more easily.

Edited by JacekGM - 12/15/2014 at 7:59pm
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2014 at 8:27pm

I agree with both, but I think we've seen that the weight of rubber sheets vary quite a bit even with supposedly identical sponge thickness and hardness.  Just check out the DB that's linked to in this form and you'll see interesting ranges (this could be based on people not calibrating their scales or something though).  
Sponge thickness and hardness obviously has an impact on weight.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2014 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

I agree with both, but I think we've seen that the weight of rubber sheets vary quite a bit even with supposedly identical sponge thickness and hardness.  Just check out the DB that's linked to in this form and you'll see interesting ranges (this could be based on people not calibrating their scales or something though).  
Sponge thickness and hardness obviously has an impact on weight.
Well, sure, sponge impacts the weight, but that is/can be specified for the rubber sheets under consideration. This kind of additional information can be a useful thing for some, or unnecessary detail for others. It depends. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic