FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Renanos Hold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Renanos Hold
    Posted: 12/16/2014 at 8:08pm

Anyone other than myself play with this rubber? Price to performance ratio is so good.

Medium throw, fast, and ubber spinny! Better than H3 Prov in my humble opinion. High arc with brush strokes, medium with more forward stroke.

Short game is superior to many rubbers I have tried in this class. Topsheet is not as tacky as most Chinese types.

I switched this rubber from OFF+ carbon blade to Stiga modified Hypertech and the spin is insane. I hardened the top ply of the Hypertech with 2 coats varnish to give it a bit more speed. Great results, now it plays more like OFF-.

I have heard some top players from Japan like it very much.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Sponsored Links

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2014 at 9:39pm
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2014 at 7:41am
I have been using Renanos Hold for just a couple of weeks, coming from Baracuda. I tried the Calibra LT and LT Spin and I liked the way they played but they needed more spin and Renanos Hold is the answer. I believe they have the same sponge but Renanos Hold has a more grippy top sheet.
Shifter
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2014 at 9:10am

Thanks guys. I believe this rubber is a sleeper. Have a feeling many players would like it.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2014 at 11:38pm
TT Japan has it on sale for $31.90  shipping airmail small package it came to : $39.90
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 7:23am
Originally posted by lineup32 lineup32 wrote:

TT Japan has it on sale for $31.90  shipping airmail small package it came to : $39.90

That's a great price. Paddle Palace sells it for 49 bucks yikes.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 7:36am
Yea, I ordered 2 sheets of Renanos Hold and 1 sheet of Alhelg. I think the sale is only till the 24th. Even with shipping cost it's a good deal.
Shifter
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 2:55pm
I really loved it when i played with it the first time on Xiom Offensive S. That was on a friends blade that I had glued for him. It was the best thing I'd ever hit with. I liked it more than tenergy. I got my own sheet eventually, and put it on a clipper. I hated it. I was so disappointed. It lacked rebound, the topsheet had no bite, and it was super slow with no feeling. I'm fairly convinced I got a dud sheet, because there's no way a rubber can be that blade dependent. I ended up putting that sheet on my own offensive S, and it wasn't at all what I remembered. I never got the guts to risk another 50 dollars to see if my suspicion was correct.  I still had hung onto it, and when I went to try it on something else it ripped right down the middle when taking it off the offensive S. Only rubber I've ever ripped at all like that. I was thinking about trying it on Defplay or VKM, because I think it would be super good at chopping, but 50 bucks is a risk if there's a chance that what I got last time comes in the package. 
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 3:23pm
Sorry to hear of your misfortune with Renanos Hold beeray1, I tried it on my TBS and I liked it better than Tenergy. More reigns on the beast, better directional stability. Try it on a good ALL+ or OFF- blade and you will become a loop monster. Love that rubber!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 3:26pm
I just made an order at tt-japan before coming to mytt... wish i would have saw that it was on sale, I'd have given it another try. 

Side note- it's crazy that I just bought a VKM and a sheet of TSP P-4 plus shipping for less than you can buy the VKM by itself at the only US tt store that I know has it. 
wayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 4:47pm
Renanos Hold is a excellent rubber but the problem with the rubber is that the topsheet always rips. In all my sheets I have used this year all four rubber sheets have rips on them mainly the middle. Once you are able to see the pips of your hitting zone on the bat eventually the rip will occur. It doesn't matter which rubber you use red or black it will happen to both of the sheets in my experience.

Currently I am still using it and have a spare sheet
I have stayed with Renanos Hold but with this problem with the topsheet I may have to look for an alternative rubber Cry

Butterly Keyshot Light
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Nittaku Fast arc P1
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 5:51pm
looks like very soon we will see many Renanos Hold rubbers in For Sale section :)
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 6:11pm
+1 to beeray1... I tried it on my Nittaku Redshank and it just lacked a lot of spin on brush looping (I bought it after hearing it was good at that like Chinese rubbers) and the speed wasn't much faster than other DHS NEO rubbers. After I took it off some of the sponge pieces ripped, although not too badly. When I placed DHS NEO TG2 everything on my blade, everything was right. Maybe it has to be on a certain type of blade. Did not work for me. I don't want to risk it again, quite pricy.

Edited by NBSR - 12/18/2014 at 6:12pm
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by wayla wayla wrote:

Renanos Hold is a excellent rubber but the problem with the rubber is that the topsheet always rips. In all my sheets I have used this year all four rubber sheets have rips on them mainly the middle. Once you are able to see the pips of your hitting zone on the bat eventually the rip will occur. It doesn't matter which rubber you use red or black it will happen to both of the sheets in my experience.

Currently I am still using it and have a spare sheet
I have stayed with Renanos Hold but with this problem with the topsheet I may have to look for an alternative rubber Cry

I had played with Renanos Hold for more than half a year and the rubber had not ripped.  I have recently switched to Fastarc C-1.  If you like RH, you will LOVE the C-1.  Out of the package, the C-1 is faster than the RH and is quite lively - I almost gave up on it.  However, the liveliness subsides after 2-3 weeks and the rubber plays like a spinnier RH.  Control is even a tad better.

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

I had played with Renanos Hold for more than half a year and the rubber had not ripped.  I have recently switched to Fastarc C-1.  If you like RH, you will LOVE the C-1.  Out of the package, the C-1 is faster than the RH and is quite lively - I almost gave up on it.  However, the liveliness subsides after 2-3 weeks and the rubber plays like a spinnier RH.  Control is even a tad better.
Hey tuco, can you say something about the sponge hardness of RH? Is it as soft as C-1?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

Hey tuco, can you say something about the sponge hardness of RH? Is it as soft as C-1?

the hardness of both rubbers is about the same according to my finger-press-meter.  I keep both setups in my bag so come try them both out next Tuesday.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 10:21pm

I will order some C-1 to make a comparison. I think RH is one of those blade dependent rubbers but seems to work well on ALC and wood blades.

I have not noticed any tearing problems with the sponge or topsheet.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 12:57am
I will be giving it a try on my cypress one ply 9.5mm blade next month, if the rubber likes wood this should do it..Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic