Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - STIGA Carbonado 145 Blade Review with Fan Zhendong
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

STIGA Carbonado 145 Blade Review with Fan Zhendong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STIGA Carbonado 145 Blade Review with Fan Zhendong
    Posted: 12/20/2014 at 12:38pm

I saw on TableTennisDaily that Dan today released an awesome review on the new Stiga Carbonado 145 blade with Fan Zhendong! I really looking forward to this blade!

What do you guys think? In the review Dan says that it's one of the greatest carbon blade he has ever tried. Really love the sound of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inkUivB2iwU

Edited by Fehrplay - 12/20/2014 at 12:40pm
Sponsored Links

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 12:56pm
With greatest respect to Dan & TTD, please do not forget that the review was sponsored by Stiga and done at Stiga headquarters. Stiga products are reviewed by TTD more than any other manufacturer's, even BTY.

So, any superlatives about Stiga products in these videos should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Edited by vvk1 - 12/20/2014 at 12:57pm
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 2:30pm
I have so many complaints about this video series. To put it briefly:

1. Dan has nothing but positive things to say about every single racquet he has ever tried. Does this mean every racquet that Stiga sells is perfect?

2. If we listened to these reviews, every racquet he's ever touched has the best speed, spin, pushing, serves, and it's all easy to do because of the blade!

3. This means that either Dan can't tell the difference between any racquet, or that he's getting paid to basically lie about the racquets. Both are equally bad for the consumer.

In the end, I find that there isn't a single bit of actually useful information in any of these sponsored reviews.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 3:15pm
How much will the blade cost?
TenNine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenNine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

With greatest respect to Dan & TTD, please do not forget that the review was sponsored by Stiga and done at Stiga headquarters. Stiga products are reviewed by TTD more than any other manufacturer's, even BTY.

So, any superlatives about Stiga products in these videos should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
Agreed, but... there isn't actually a single superlative in that video. :)
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

I have so many complaints about this video series. To put it briefly:

1. Dan has nothing but positive things to say about every single racquet he has ever tried. Does this mean every racquet that Stiga sells is perfect?

2. If we listened to these reviews, every racquet he's ever touched has the best speed, spin, pushing, serves, and it's all easy to do because of the blade!

3. This means that either Dan can't tell the difference between any racquet, or that he's getting paid to basically lie about the racquets. Both are equally bad for the consumer.

In the end, I find that there isn't a single bit of actually useful information in any of these sponsored reviews.

Very well said!

Questions without answers...
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 6:05pm
I think there's some merit to their videos.

While they won't say very negative things about the equipment, they do orient their comments. They'll emphasise which games a blade is for, what are its strengths, etc. You can more or less make out the weaknesses from what isn't mentioned. And they usually say when it's a little hard to control in certain compartments.

I was a bit disappointed by this video though. FZD was completely holding back, they did much less than they usually do between him and Tom. It was very superficial.

What was good, on the other hand, was seeing FZD play with a common mortal. Dan is certainly solid, but not international level.
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 6:40pm
I doubt FDZ is using his normal competition rubbers.
DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P
rocketscientist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 8:18pm
I think its really nice of STIGA letting Dan play with Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin, really a grand gesture!
Don't think any other brand would allow such a "normal person/player" spend so much time and do so much with their sponsored top players.

Also the review was great and I will definately try the Carbonado blades. Can't wait for the 190 review.
Vasya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2014 at 9:31am
If you play with Fan Zhendong any blade feels good.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2014 at 10:09am
Nice review what Is the head size?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2014 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Nice review what Is the head size?

It looks like regular size. Hope it is!
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2014 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Vasya Vasya wrote:

If you play with Fan Zhendong any blade feels good.

I would be really nervous playing with one of my biggest fans haha 
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by rocketscientist rocketscientist wrote:

I think its really nice of STIGA letting Dan play with Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin, really a grand gesture!
Don't think any other brand would allow such a "normal person/player" spend so much time and do so much with their sponsored top players.

Also the review was great and I will definately try the Carbonado blades. Can't wait for the 190 review.

Agree that's really awesome, do you know when the 190 review will be released? 
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 12:17am
The review looks biased. I find it hard to believe 'it excels in all areas'. The blade itself might be great, I'm not arguing with that, but judging by what I saw this setup seems quite hard and low throw.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 5:30am
Originally posted by Lestat Lestat wrote:

The review looks biased. I find it hard to believe 'it excels in all areas'. The blade itself might be great, I'm not arguing with that, but judging by what I saw this setup seems quite hard and low throw.

Why do you find that hard to believe? stiga is the best blade manufacturer in the world. I believe this will something new in terms of innovation. Would like to see more brands use marketing in this kind of way. Then perhaps table tennis could grow.

I know for a fact that Dan on TTD never is biased in his reviews. If he was, he would never do any other reviews but stiga lets him do reviews for other brands as well.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 5:44am
I think it's hard to say after just one review how good the blade really is of course. I'm really glad that it seems to be a really good blade according to Dan but everything is individual. I'm not a person who believes in everything I hear but I doubt I will be disappointed because as Rocketscientist wrote I also think Stiga is the best blade manufacturs in the world and I have really like many of their previous blades!

This also seems to be a completely new type of blade that seems to have taken Stiga a very long time to come up with, no matter how good Dan think this blade is I will definitely give it a try myself and see how it suits me! Smile

Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 6:32am
I quite like the idea of rotating the carbon sheet to modify the blade properties. Have yet to see it used in practice but it's a nice idea.

Top layer seems to be limba for both, again. Does Stiga ever makes koto or hinoki blades?
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

I think it's hard to say after just one review how good the blade really is of course. I'm really glad that it seems to be a really good blade according to Dan but everything is individual. I'm not a person who believes in everything I hear but I doubt I will be disappointed because as Rocketscientist wrote I also think Stiga is the best blade manufacturs in the world and I have really like many of their previous blades!

This also seems to be a completely new type of blade that seems to have taken Stiga a very long time to come up with, no matter how good Dan think this blade is I will definitely give it a try myself and see how it suits me! Smile

One reason people tend to doubt such reviews is numerous posts like many of yours where you claim over and over again that Stiga is best. Many recent threads mentioning Stiga have at least one post from you where you praise the product and/or the manufacturer. Perhaps, someone at Stiga's marketing/social networking promotion team needs to learn to be a touch more subtle.
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 9:31am

One reason people tend to doubt such reviews is numerous posts like many of yours where you claim over and over again that Stiga is best. Many recent threads mentioning Stiga have at least one post from you where you praise the product and/or the manufacturer. Perhaps, someone at Stiga's marketing/social networking promotion team needs to learn to be a touch more subtle.

I'm glad someone else's sock puppet alarm went off - it was getting blatantly obvious. Would be great if this forum had a slightly different reputation management system - it is currently based on post count, it seems, and here is a prime example how one becomes 'Super member" by posting a bunch of one-liners as quickly as possible.
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 9:59am

haha, I comment in almost every thread on this forum. And I play with Tenergy, so I don't quite understand why you are accusing me. 

Also, this review is made from Dan at Tabletennisdaily. Not me...

I suggest you do remove the foil hat from your head my friend.

Edited by Fehrplay - 12/22/2014 at 10:05am
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 10:12am
Originally posted by rocketscientist rocketscientist wrote:

Originally posted by Lestat Lestat wrote:

Why do you find that hard to believe? stiga is the best blade manufacturer in the world. I believe this will something new in terms of innovation. Would like to see more brands use marketing in this kind of way. Then perhaps table tennis could grow.

I know for a fact that Dan on TTD never is biased in his reviews. If he was, he would never do any other reviews but stiga lets him do reviews for other brands as well.

That's your opinion, not a fact. :))
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 10:15am
Just a thought. Was it just me, or didn't Fan Zhendong look incredible lazy in the review? Do you guys think he wanted to do the review or did the sponsor make him?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 10:55am
I am a collector of OLD Stiga blades on one side, but also a player on the other side. The player in me says, that NO company was, is and will be the best producer for all time. 

For example Stiga was definitely the best blade producer in the 60`s and maybe up to the 80`s. Later other companies (like Butterfly or Nittaku) got better and better, while Stiga produced bad quality in my eyes. I have already posted this opinion a few times before. So you can believe, that I am not a "Stiga-fan-boy". Of course Stiga has some classic blades (like Allround Classic or Offensiv Classic), which were high asked over all the years, but the quality of these blades was not as good as in the past.

In the last two years Stiga seems to have learned from their errors/mistakes of the past. Especially the new blades like Emerald VPS (I still like it very much), Infinity VPS and Rosewood XO are well done: good for playing and with top craftsmanship. 

If the price is not totally crazy, I will definitely test the new Carbonado 145. Big smile

The reason is not Dan`s "marketing-video". I simply like the idea of this new textreme-carbon and I think, that Stiga is back at the top. 
Thumbs Up
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I am a collector of OLD Stiga blades on one side, but also a player on the other side. The player in me says, that NO company was, is and will be the best producer for all time. 

For example Stiga was definitely the best blade producer in the 60`s and maybe up to the 80`s. Later other companies (like Butterfly or Nittaku) got better and better, while Stiga produced bad quality in my eyes. I have already posted this opinion a few times before. So you can believe, that I am not a "Stiga-fan-boy". Of course Stiga has some classic blades (like Allround Classic or Offensiv Classic), which were high asked over all the years, but the quality of these blades was not as good as in the past.

In the last two years Stiga seems to have learned from their errors/mistakes of the past. Especially the new blades like Emerald VPS (I still like it very much), Infinity VPS and Rosewood XO are well done: good for playing and with top craftsmanship. 

If the price is not totally crazy, I will definitely test the new Carbonado 145. Big smile

The reason is not Dan`s "marketing-video". I simply like the idea of this new textreme-carbon and I think, that Stiga is back at the top. 
Thumbs Up

+1! :D
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

MAG180 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAG180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 10:26am
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-carbonado-145-tt20625555#.VKa4lyusWtY
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 10:39am
190 euros. Wow.

Hmmm. And here is the 190, which is strangely 20 euros cheaper:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-carbonado-190-tt20625561#.VKa7e4dybGg

Edited by AndySmith - 01/02/2015 at 10:39am
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

190 euros. Wow.

Hmmm. And here is the 190, which is strangely 20 euros cheaper:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-carbonado-190-tt20625561#.VKa7e4dybGg

I see the amounts in USD which is not too bad - waiting for some real reviews

Edited by tom - 01/02/2015 at 12:54pm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 2:28pm
Well overpriced as expected. Or, reasonably priced compared to the Emerald VPS (overpriced, too).
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 2:43pm
I am astonished, that only FL versions are listed.   

Edited by Magic_M - 01/02/2015 at 2:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic