Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - STIGA Carbonado 145 Blade Review with Fan Zhendong
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

STIGA Carbonado 145 Blade Review with Fan Zhendong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I am astonished, that only FL versions are listed.   

I think we have stumbled upon an unfinished listing on TT11. I had to search manually to find them. They aren't listed under "New Products" or Blades -> Stiga. Probably more to come.

Still, at that price point I'm out.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 4:44pm
I think, you are right. On december 30, Stiga posted on Facebook:
"A month from now you will be able to experience the TeXtreme Carbon feeling yourself"
So it will be released at the end of january and can`t be already available on tabletennis11.com

About the price: with 30% discount the price is still high (119€/133€), but not sooo high, if you compare this with the prices of most Butterfly blades.

Edited by Magic_M - 01/02/2015 at 4:46pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 5:50pm
IMO Butterfly blades are already overpriced, so comparing to them isn't worth much in the value-for-money stakes. The market has moved on a lot in the last 12 months. Xiom make a lot of excellent carbon blades in this speed category for half the price, for example.

Stiga's new tech may be something different, and worth the money in some way. Too early to say. All I can say is that they have set the bar a bit high with the retail price, so just another reasonably good carbon blade isn't enough for me.
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2015 at 3:19am
Which one is faster and stiffer??145 or 190? Stiga tens to price up the blades as BTY does ..AS regarding the looks are not so impressive though..
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
rocketscientist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2015 at 8:43am
I saw on TTD that the Carbonado 190 review was out.

What do we think of it? Can't decide which one I want!

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2015 at 9:03am
I wouldn't personaly take any of Carbonado blades, but if I had to choose between these two, I would go with 190 only because handle colours are nicer. Besides, it has bigger sweet spot than 145, hasn't it?
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2015 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

I wouldn't personaly take any of Carbonado blades, but if I had to choose between these two, I would go with 190 only because handle colours are nicer. Besides, it has bigger sweet spot than 145, hasn't it?

No the sweet spot sizes are the same. But the 190 is higher and the 145 is wider, but the same size.
Yeah, agree with you on the designs, really nice.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 12:01am
Originally posted by rocketscientist rocketscientist wrote:

Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

No the sweet spot sizes are the same. But the 190 is higher and the 145 is wider, but the same size.
Yeah, agree with you on the designs, really nice.

Perhaps towards the end of the 190 review it was mentioned in comparison to Butterfly blades that 190 was similar to SZLC and 145 closer to Viscaria  , which makes it easier for lot of ALC users Wink
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 11:40am
Does anyone know the composition of the blades? yogi? :)
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Giangt Giangt wrote:

no manufacturers publishes this (critical) information, because if you look at it from this angle, all blades are reduced to 4-5 groups: limba, koto, hinoki, some hard wood (rare). Add synthetic material for some extra variation.

But still, if you want a koto-carbon-limba-kiri-limba-carbon-koto blade, there is probably 100 different ones from all the manufacturers, and they may have wildly different alleged properties, but really if its made of the same materials, has same thickness and weight, how much difference can you expect..
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 1:51pm
"Perhaps towards the end of the 190 review it was mentioned in comparison to Butterfly blades that 190 was similar to SZLC and 145 closer to Viscaria  , which makes it easier for lot of ALC users"

given the price difference in the 145 over the 190 and SZLC over the Viscaria, the 190 is the value leader of the two, of course money / value isn't everything
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

no manufacturers publishes this (critical) information, because if you look at it from this angle, all blades are reduced to 4-5 groups: limba, koto, hinoki, some hard wood (rare). Add synthetic material for some extra variation.

But still, if you want a koto-carbon-limba-kiri-limba-carbon-koto blade, there is probably 100 different ones from all the manufacturers, and they may have wildly different alleged properties, but really if its made of the same materials, has same thickness and weight, how much difference can you expect..
Thanks for clarifying Yeah I agree with you with the wood sorts for outer layers. Typically you say cores are made of balsa, kiri or ayous for most blades. Using similar composition of materials gives the a blade similar characteristics though it is not quite the same case with fiber materials. Depending on the weave of fiber it can give the blade another feel.

Edited by Giangt - 01/23/2015 at 4:50pm
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 6:45pm
I have been a big fan of previews Stiga blades, I hope they don't disappoints me with this carbon blades, it surely looks interesting! 
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2015 at 3:35am
Will someone make a review on this when it comes out? Smile
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 11:15am
It's been out for few weeks now.  Anybody played with these blades???
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 11:24am
Carbonado 190 for 135,00 US Dollars
Carbonado 145 for 150,00 US Dollars

at Dandoy-Sports.

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 12:27pm
Fan Zhendong ?????
The guy who is sponsored by stiga but plays with a viscaria........
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Fan Zhendong ?????

I think thats a myth. Why wouldn't he play with Infinity? If he liked Viscaria more, why not change to Butterfly as sponsor? Would be easy for him to do if he wanted to.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by rocketscientist rocketscientist wrote:

Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Fan Zhendong ?????

I think thats a myth. Why wouldn't he play with Infinity? If he liked Viscaria more, why not change to Butterfly as sponsor? Would be easy for him to do if he wanted to.

Shhhh. People love a good conspiracy theory. For example....

I think FZD and ZJK have swapped handles after a drunken night out. Fan has a Viscaria with Infinity handle, and Zhang has an Infinity with a Viscaria handle. They got hammered and thought it would be funny to mess with TT fans everywhere.
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2015 at 12:44pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2015 at 3:12pm
In a Chinese interview, FZD endorses the 190.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2015 at 5:00pm

I posted some unboxing pictures here.
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9898-Carbonado-145-Unboxing&p=105609#post105609

Really looking forward to your review! Don't want to piss on your chips, but that top ply looks a bit rough with the knots. Doubt it will make any difference to the performance, but why can't Stiga get their QC sorted out?

ps - the link is broken.
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 11:37am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I posted some unboxing pictures here.
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9898-Carbonado-145-Unboxing&p=105609#post105609

Really looking forward to your review! Don't want to piss on your chips, but that top ply looks a bit rough with the knots. Doubt it will make any difference to the performance, but why can't Stiga get their QC sorted out?

ps - the link is broken.

Thanks Andy! It's ok... The knots Aren't that rough as they look they just want to use as much of the wood as possible. I've seens worse ;)
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 2:06pm
Such knots on so expensive blades !!!!!!!!
Sorry it can be forgiven ?
It has to be perfect for that price, at least in the beginning.....after that, I won't dare ordering that blade and receive it full of these knots !
I won't spend 190 EUR to get it. They have already lost a potential customer.
Within 1 or 2 months, all the forums an ebay will be full of carbonado's for sale at 60% of their initial prices.........

Edited by kakapo - 02/16/2015 at 2:07pm
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 3:32pm
I agree 100% to Kakapo. I was really waiting for these Carbonade blades, because I am still happy with my Emeralds, but these pictures are .....

When so many people are waiting for the new hyped blades, the first series MUST be perfect.
But the blade on the pictures is anything else, but definitely not perfect. It`s looking really bad.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 3:35pm
It is a worry. It could just be a one off, obviously.

In the spirit of consumer pressure, they are discounted to 94 euros here:

http://www.ttex.se/stiga-table-tennis-blade-carbonado-p-3551.html
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2015 at 2:01pm
no reviews yet, found a deal on TTEX.se  86 USD plus shipping for the 145 - for that kind of discount, I took a chance and ordered it -  fingers crossed
samgoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samgoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2015 at 9:23pm
Its listed US$107.52 ??
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2015 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by samgoody samgoody wrote:

Its listed US$107.52 ??
tt11 has it at 180USD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 12:32pm
It has been very well reviewed at TableTennisDaily!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic