FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

relooping with H3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: relooping with H3
    Posted: 06/20/2006 at 10:07pm

I have a question for Hurricane 3 users.

When your relooping someones loop from mid distance, do you brush the ball more or do you hit through the ball more?

I ask this cause I find that when I brush the ball , i feel the effect of the incoming topspin more than when I hit through the ball. So just wanting to know what other people do.

Sponsored Links

SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2006 at 10:14pm
I personally hit through the ball.  For me it;'s easier because for me brushing the ball takes better timing for my stroke.
Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2006 at 10:56pm

when you hit through, do you feel the incoming spin? Does it effect your shot much?

SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2006 at 10:58pm

for me not as much.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 12:16am
The H3 has a high throw so I hit forward more as the topspin will give it a kick.  In fact on all my shots I have to hit forward more as the rubber is  sticky and tends to lift the ball.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 12:23am
even on heavy backspin shots? You hit through the ball more than brushing more?
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 12:44am
More forward than I used to with Japanese rubbers.  You have to use a brushing stroke as the rubber is hard and sticky.  Even though I am hitting forward I am using a brushing stroke at high speed.  also when you hit you have to impart some topspin to get the fastest speed.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
tyc17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyc17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 12:46am

for relooping, i hit, depends on the degree of heavy backspin, against cutter i will hit, for return of service, i might brush if hitting fails

eatmenot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatmenot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 1:03am
Excellent that you can differentiate between brushing and hitting through. Its like distinguishing when you loop the ball, and when you can drive, and when you can smash a ball, some people only know how to loop a ball, while some can only smash.

My personal note, is when brushing the ball, put losts of spin on it, otherwise the slowness will do you in. For counter loops, it is better to hit through the ball, stick it into the racquet as long as possible. Carry through the ball as long as possible, you get good directional control.

Brushing the ball on return of serves is good against certain average level apponents, with better players it is not a good idea to use it, unless you brush very heavily, i.e put lots of spin on the ball.

And if there is loads of topsin coming at you, relooping it is not a good idea, smash hit the ball.

Thats my 2 cents
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 4:12am
When your relooping someones loop from mid distance, do you brush the ball more or do you hit through the ball more?
My answer: It depends on the amount of spin that my opp puts on the ball and when I loop the ball. If it's a good spinny loop and I take the ball on the top of the bounce rather than let it drops lower. I kinda holds the ball a bit before you spin it forward. When there is less spin produce by my opp I can also hit thru the ball.
Now if I let the ball drops then I can always hit the ball if I wanted to, whether it's spinny or not, because by then the spin has died a little more.
holoclothes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holoclothes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 6:14am
you can't hit the ball from mid distance...
you must do a real loop with a very closed racquet
I would recommend not going to mid distance and stay in close to the table so you can smash, hit, drive, like whatever these guys are saying.
"If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow"
BLADE: Yasaka Neptune
FH: Yasaka New Era
pp_friend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pp_friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 9:08am
I have different opinion, you can hit the ball from mid distance. However you have to hit it very very hard with control. The disadvantage of doing this is the ball do not have 2nd speed. The opponent can return a drop shot or push to direction and make you run. That is the reason why most of the players brush and hit thru the ball. They want to add the power from hit thru the ball create a 1st speed and brush the ball creating the 2nd speed. In the international tournament, we can easily hear that when 2 players are doing counterlooping, they loop very loudly and the ball go very very fast once it land on the table. They have to create both high quality 1st and 2nd speed.
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2006 at 7:21pm

Wasn't talking about hitting the ball from mid distance. Asking about a reloop at mid distance, do people who use Hurricane 3 hit through the ball more or brush it more. When I hit through or brush there is a speed speed, but when you brush more the ball kicks from the table more (bounces off the table higher than dips really quick), when you hit through the ball more the ball goes off the table faster but not as high and then dips quickly.

Nasilemak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasilemak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 4:35am

For me, if the ball is loaded , u jus use the grip of the hurricane and jus guide the ball back to the table.

Any way is 2 slap it, if u go forward and the angle is closed itl go on (garunteed for me lol )

but the important thing is 2 go forward otherwise the ball kicks up as hurricane absorbs lots of spin.

Blade - Yasaka Gatien
Rubbers- Hurricane III Provincial Sheet (forehand)
Stiga Magna ( bh)

Glue - stiga energy on magna,
special glue on hurricane
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by mr2tran mr2tran wrote:

I have a question for Hurricane 3 users.

When your relooping someones loop from mid distance, do you brush the ball more or do you hit through the ball more?

I ask this cause I find that when I brush the ball , i feel the effect of the incoming topspin more than when I hit through the ball. So just wanting to know what other people do.

I do both, usually depending on how much power and quickness I can best return the ball with. You should feel the ball no matter which way you loop, hit loop or brush loop, but I agree... when I first started looping I thought I felt more in touch with the ball during brush loops but now it's about same with hit loops too.
Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2006 at 7:32am
Sorry to bring back a dead topic, but I too have interests in this topic.

I tend to do the opposite. once at mid-distance or even further I loop it like I do with Jap rubbers (ie, close to 45 degree), I find it with H3 it produces a safe arc and a good balance between speed and spin.
After a couple of games however I'd get lazy and start just hitting through the ball or try a closed blade horizontal loop.

Gark
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic