FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Revolution No. 3 X-Treme Power Booster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Revolution No. 3 X-Treme Power Booster
    Posted: 12/25/2014 at 2:23am

It took me a while to test this wonderful glue from revolution no. 3 At first I was hesitant to use this since I was already used to using paraffin oil on all my Chinese rubbers that I personally use and occasionally seamon booster.

Let me state first the method that Dan Tigau was suggesting and the method that I used. As a matter of fact I stayed away from the usually procedure and glued the globe 999 national blue sponge like crazy and together i also glue another globe 999 national with paraffin.

Dan Tigau's method (verbatim)

-you have to test until you get the right thickness of remaining elastic glue until fits perfect to your strokes (trajectory, spin ,control and sound ) ,For this start with your normal set up n numbers of layers and quantity you are used with .After you play few days (feeling will become better after 2-3 days ,gently peel off rubbers from blade,add one more layer on rubbers ,one on blade ,glue and check again .Do it again until you feel perfectly comfortable and then for new rubbers you know how many layers you put on blade and rubbers.

The roller has inside 2 non-adherent foils on both sides ,one is yellow paper and the other one is transparent.

The yellow paper put on the table ,then put blade with glue on both sides on it .It will not damage the glue layer and you can glue both sides of the blade same time do you do not loose time .The transparent foil can be used to cover the blade on the top glued partially ,letting the part of the glue from handle for 2-3 cm foil ,helping you to better position the cut rubbers or long pimples better ,not to make mistakes. Once you centered the bottom you take off the foil between rubber and blade ,1-2 cm each time and use the roller to press the rubber on blade .

When cutting always use the curved edge of scissors outside the contour not positioned to blade contour .Cut small parts without putting any force on rubbers by scissors ,just cut with no pressure and it will be perfect.

Use the press for obtaining uniform result ,it will increase sweet spot and it will help also on boosted rubbers.

You do not have to wait until boosted rubber has no dome ,a little dome is preferred.

My method

- applied the booster 4x in a span of an hour to the first globe 999 national rubber

- applied 5x paraffin oil layers on the 2nd globe 999 national blue sponge

- i waited for 24 hrs and then apply again 4 layers of revolution no. 3 glue and then 4 layers of paraffin respectively.

On the first day of tuning no doming effect was visible on both rubbers. after 24 hours the picture below are the result doming effects with both boosters. The one on the left is the one tuned with the paraffin oil and the one on the right is the one tuned with the Revolution No. 3 booster. Notice that the one boosted with the X-treme power booster has a greater doming effect than the one tuned with the paraffin oil.

I was still not satisfied with the dome on the 2nd day so I added more so as what I have stated I added 4 layers more and the result was still the same. The Revolution No. 3 X-treme power booster still has a greater dome. 

Findings:

1. the paraffin oil has a more doming effect initially after 3-4 hrs of tuning than the X-treme power booster. After 24 hours, the X-treme power booster has a greater doming effect. The rubber boosted with the X-treme power booster is flat and no noticeable doming is observed.

2. The X-treme power booster built-in sponge applicator seem to be difficult to use at first because you have to constantly squeeze the bottle for application but after a few applications it was already ok. Personally, i prefer a direct application with just using the brush because the sponge seems to reabsorb some of the glue at first couple of layers of application. This is not a big deal for me though.

3. It took about 7 days for the paraffin tuned globe 999 national rubber to settle down and have a slightly domed shape. It took about 9 days for the X-treme power booster tuned rubber to settle down. I think this is due mainly to the numerous layers of tuning i placed. i think this is also an indicator on how long the tuning effect could last but I guess i needed to wait in order to see the full length of tuning that both paraffin and x-treme power booster can last.

4. There was less softening effect on both sponges. I have noticed only minimal decrease of  the sponge hardness on both. The seamon booster which I have tried seemed to have a greater softening effect because the dhs h3 provincial used was about 40 degrees and it felt like it was 38 degrees after several layers of tuning.

5. I am not gonna talk about the spin effect because the globe 999 national itself is one of the spinniest rubbers in the market. I would  rather talk about the speed boosting effect in comparison of the 2 boosters. Both rubbers are the 38 degree versions of the Globe 999 national blue sponge, but the one boosted with the X-treme power booster seems faster than the one boosted with the paraffin oil. Both rubbers were placed in an Adidas Strike Wood 7 blade and were tested at the same time. I could say the speed of the rubber boosted with the X-treme booster seems like a freshly attached Yasaka Mark V. It was bouncy and fast. The paraffin boosted rubber is fast but there is some hard feel on the rubber every time I hit the ball. Even though the dhs h3 rubber that was boosted was 40 degrees and mine was a globe 999 national boosted with x-treme power booster was 38 degrees, speedwise the globe 999 national was faster due to the booster used.

6. The one boosted with the paraffin oil seemed thicker, the one with the x-treme power booster looks like it hasn't increased in thickness at all. Also, I like the X-treme power booster because it doesn't leave any residue after tuning unlike the  one boosted with the seamon booster.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2014 at 2:36am
What's that rubber yogi? Where did you buy it? :)
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2014 at 4:53am
Globe 999 national blue sponge 38 degrees
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

where can i get that booster and how much? is it good?

Edited by bbkon - 12/25/2014 at 1:11pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2014 at 6:22pm
megaspin sells them. im gonna post my review soon. i am enjoying the rubber boosted now it feels slightly different from the paraffin oil

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 3:26am
updated with review! i will try to use this on a yinhe big dipper rubber 38 degrees and maybe to a tensor in the following weeks.

Waldme1ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldme1ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 7:22pm

All 2.2mm right? Doesn't the boosting make them more than 4.0 mm thick?
On a scale from 1 (untuned) to 10 (best booster), where would you put the oil and the boosters in terms of rubber playing characteristics? thanks

Edited by Waldme1ster - 12/28/2014 at 7:34pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 7:40pm
actually the one boosted with the x-treme power booster didn't increase in thickness noticeably. the one with the paraffin oil is thicker. i think i would rate both seamon and x-treme as 9/10 but i like the x-treme more because it doesn't have any residue

Waldme1ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldme1ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 8:36pm

actually the one boosted with the x-treme power booster didn't increase in thickness noticeably. the one with the paraffin oil is thicker. i think i would rate both seamon and x-treme as 9/10 but i like the x-treme more because it doesn't have any residue

And where would the PO be on your scale?

So the PO thickens the sponge the most, yet domes the rubber the least? Strange...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2014 at 1:20am
paraffin oil is like a 7/10, also PO loses it's effect faster than seamon and x-treme booster

viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2015 at 8:42pm
i tried the revolution no 3 booster on commercial H3neo. There was minimal dome effect, yogi you think its because of quailty of the rubber or booster?
Slight dome when I boosted Another chinese rubber from 729. 
I had glue on both rubbers before applying booster,  would the results differ directly on sponge?
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2015 at 8:53pm
Whew!  Once you apply several coats of this X-Treme Power Booster and/or several coats of paraffin oil over several days , do you have any time left over to practice pong?  Makes you kinda long for the good old days of VOC speed gluing when juniors and elites alike stunk up your club.

Edited by berndt_mann - 02/08/2015 at 11:41am
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2015 at 8:59pm
Actually, you have to apply several coats, allowing 24-48 hrs in between coats before you can glue it down and then play with it.  Of course, the idea is that you don't remove the current rubber from your blade until the new one you are going to glue down is fully boosted.

I don't miss the stink of gluing.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2015 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Actually, you have to apply several coats, allowing 24-48 hrs in between coats before you can glue it down and then play with it.  Of course, the idea is that you don't remove the current rubber from your blade until the new one you are going to glue down is fully boosted.

I don't miss the stink of gluing.

Have you used revolution no 3 booster? did you get the dome effect?
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2015 at 11:52am
I used it on Tenergy, got a huge dome, even after the first coat. I used three coats, as they recommended.  I did not like how it played afterword though, and gave away the booster. (It was uncontrollable in short game).  I think they recommend five coats for Chinese rubbers.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2015 at 12:07pm
It is a peculiar booster and I personally do not think much of it.

The effect stays only for about two weeks and the rubber produces strange behaviour in the short game. It helps those players who rely on pushing the ball around because the effect of it is that not even its user knows exactly what he pushes to the opponent. The rubber becomes harder and its grip is reduced maybe that is why.

Off the table it is not more advantageous than other boosters and its effect goes away abruptly.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2015 at 12:13pm

I used it on Tenergy, got a huge dome, even after the first coat. I used three coats, as they recommended.  I did not like how it played afterword though, and gave away the booster. (It was uncontrollable in short game).  I think they recommend five coats for Chinese rubbers.

Did you use it directly on sponge?
My trade feedback here:
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2015 at 12:30pm
Yes.  New rubber, never glued.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2015 at 12:55pm

Yes.  New rubber, never glued.

i will try directly on sponge. I used it over glue.
My trade feedback here:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic