Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GOOD Light Blade for H3.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 6:02pm
Heavier rackets by themselves, except in extreme weight increase scenarios, rarely cause injuries. The real issues tend to be racket balance, old age, arm centric technique, straight arm finishes of strokes and finally, changing rackets and swinging as hard without letting your arm and body adjust.

Edited by NextLevel - 01/28/2015 at 9:21pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:50pm
Aroonkl:

+1 on what NL said.

Additionally: I wouldn't recommend a ZLC blade with H3 unless you're using one of the softer sponged H3s.

The reason why you found the Barwell Fleet to be painful is that it is head-heavy due to it's walnut outers.

I'd recommend going back to one of the blades you've played around with: the ZJK-ALC. First, H3 goes real well with the BTY ALC blades. Second, the ZJK-ALC has a longer and wider handle than the Viscaria or TB-ALC and hence has better blade balance (it is 157x150 as well). Select one around the 84g range and you'll be good to do!

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 9:25pm
Then add some grip tape for good measure, stop doing crazy strokes for a week or two while your body adjusts to the weight and most importantly, stop EJIng so much across such different blades!
Cybershape Carbon
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

For combo Balsa/H3, I could give some comment cause I tried them before.
Firewall+/Barricade/TSP Balsa. They don't do well with H3. It is also slow. It seems like kick from Balsa could not shine though hard Chinese rubber. It has some spin but not close to Koto family pair with H3 either. But when I put Donic Baracuda on Balsa, they rocked.

Aren't the first two considered ALL/ALL+?  Don't know about the TSP.  I would not consider anything less than OFF- for H3.

Currently using a Yinhe T-7 with H3, probably too heavy for you @ 89 gr, looking to try something with a little more speed and a little bit lighter so I ordered a Yinhe T-11+, a balsa carbon blade.  It was on sale at aliexpress for $18.  Should be here in a couple weeks.

If your elbow problem is tennis elbow, it can be fixed.

Firewall+ is thick Balsa blade. Around 10mm Balsa core. If paired with modern rubbers, it is lot faster than Vis.
Try Balsa carbon and let us know if it is good with H3. I doubt it.

Yes it is tennis elbow.
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Aroonkl:

+1 on what NL said.

Additionally: I wouldn't recommend a ZLC blade with H3 unless you're using one of the softer sponged H3s.

<span style="line-height: 11.1999998092651px;">The reason why you found the Barwell Fleet to be painful is that it is head-heavy due to it's walnut outers.</span>

I'd recommend going back to one of the blades you've played around with: the ZJK-ALC. First, H3 goes real well with the BTY ALC blades. Second, the ZJK-ALC has a longer and wider handle than the Viscaria or TB-ALC and hence has better blade balance (it is 157x150 as well). Select one around the 84g range and you'll be good to do!

Is ZJ ALC head same size as TB ALC? I believe TB-ALC is smaller than Vis. (too bad, I sold it.)
I play with Vis and ZJ ALC. Both 85-6 g, ZJ is little bit head lighter but not much. May be have to try it again.
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

aroonkl,

This's your lucky day.
There are 5 NEXY blades in Tampa/Clearwater area now for NEXY team/sponsored players to test/try.
Give them a chance....one of them gotta fit your need.
ask Gary Fraiman.

Thank you for Offering. That is nice. What do you have for them to test here?   
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Then add some grip tape for good measure, stop doing crazy strokes for a week or two while your body adjusts to the weight and most importantly, stop EJIng so much across such different blades!

I tried grip tapes. Could not stand it when shifting grip for BH in table loops. It seems sticky and in the way somehow.

== stop EJIng so much across such different blades! ==

, I thought we here had the same sickness.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 10:48pm

I tried grip tapes. Could not stand it when shifting grip for BH in table loops. It seems sticky and in the way somehow.

Which is why I can diagnose the problem having seen how you play.  My current set up is 194g or so, but it is weighted towards the handle because of the grip tape, and the more I slow down and use it, the less elbow pain I have.  The point of a heavier setup is that you shouldn't be swinging hard with your arm, all other things being equal.  If you want to do that, then you have to use something lighter.  But your body needs time to adjust to the new swing speed regardless, but the way you change so often, you are probably swinging hard with blades of different weights and balances and that is going to cause you to swing too fast and swing too slow and your arm will not know how to adjust to all the changes going on quickly enough to avoid elbow injury.
Cybershape Carbon
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 2:25am

Yes it is tennis elbow.

I had tennis elbow last year and after reading this article http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/phys-ed-an-easy-fix-for-tennis-elbow/ I got myself a rubber bar and did the recommended exercises.  My tennis elbow was cured in about 10 weeks.

OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 10:32pm

Which is why I can diagnose the problem having seen how you play.  My current set up is 194g or so, but it is weighted towards the handle because of the grip tape, and the more I slow down and use it, the less elbow pain I have.  The point of a heavier setup is that you shouldn't be swinging hard with your arm, all other things being equal.  If you want to do that, then you have to use something lighter.  But your body needs time to adjust to the new swing speed regardless, but the way you change so often, you are probably swinging hard with blades of different weights and balances and that is going to cause you to swing too fast and swing too slow and your arm will not know how to adjust to all the changes going on quickly enough to avoid elbow injury.

==The point of a heavier setup is that you shouldn't be swinging hard with your arm==
It would apply to SPEED of the out-going balls. But for spin, light or heavy blade, it normally still has to rub at same speed to generate equally spin.

My elbow never hurt when I step down the weight. Ask me how I know. (I talked to it and it talked back. ) Last year it hurt badly, I played with 2 light rubbers and symptom disappeared.

Edited by aroonkl - 01/29/2015 at 10:33pm
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 10:39pm

Yes it is tennis elbow.

I had tennis elbow last year and after reading this article http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/phys-ed-an-easy-fix-for-tennis-elbow/ I got myself a rubber bar and did the recommended exercises.  My tennis elbow was cured in about 10 weeks.

I sometime do that too. My tennis elbow, the outside of forearm, is not bad. The one I have now is under forearm near the tip of elbow. Any exercise for this.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 11:11pm
With lighter rubbers, you probably don't swing as hard. Either that or you swing with your arm less. When I change, I always overswing. You may be straightening the arm too much on your BH loop.

Edited by NextLevel - 01/29/2015 at 11:12pm
Cybershape Carbon
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 11:48pm

I sometime do that too. My tennis elbow, the outside of forearm, is not bad. The one I have now is under forearm near the tip of elbow. Any exercise for this.

I'm not sure I understand.  If the pain is on the outside elbow, it's called tennis elbow.  If it's on the inside of the elbow, it's called golfer's elbow. 

There are exercises for golfer's elbow too.

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 4:29am

With lighter rubbers, you probably don't swing as hard. Either that or you swing with your arm less. When I change, I always overswing. You may be straightening the arm too much on your BH loop.
Ha..Ha.. I'm pretty sure, with the lighter ones,  I swing harder. 
I think  body conditions are different. I always have problem with this elbow. Even while I stopped tt for 10 years, I shew up times to times when I carried a lot of tires or used pliers at work. Or when I renovated my store, I used hammers a lot and this elbow hurt like crazy.

Edited by aroonkl - 01/30/2015 at 4:40am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 4:33am

I'm not sure I understand.  If the pain is on the outside elbow, it's called tennis elbow.  If it's on the inside of the elbow, it's called golfer's elbow. 

It is the tendon that attach to the elbow from Tricep. 

tricep injury is likely to occur when the tricep muscle is placed ...

Edited by aroonkl - 01/30/2015 at 4:34am
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 11:12am

It is the tendon that attach to the elbow from Tricep. 

tricep injury is likely to occur when the tricep muscle is placed ...

Ok, I get it - triceps tendonitis.  The treatment for that should be similar to tennis elbow - massaging, stretching, and strengthening the triceps instead of the forearm muscles.  Try this exercise.  There are others on youtube you can try.

hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 2:12pm
Kanaph is light yet fast and powerful. Goes well with
h3
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 11:32pm

Ok, I get it - triceps tendonitis.  The treatment for that should be similar to tennis elbow - massaging, stretching, and strengthening the triceps instead of the forearm muscles.  Try this exercise.  There are others on youtube you can try.

GMan4911, Thanks for the link. I have been sometime doing alike this massage. I did not use the ball but use a Liquor bottle knob.   

Edited by aroonkl - 01/31/2015 at 2:50am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

go with stiga, blade size smaller than others. i'm using intensity nct now, is a good one. Light and powerful.

I have Rosewood V 84g and VPS around 86 g. I don't think head is small.
They are also not that light.

try put your butterfly or DHS blade old rubber to stiga blade, you will see the difference. Rosewood V 84g and VPS around 86 g. very light already, any 5 ply blade less than 85g I try so far has no power.

I have intensity + H3 + T80 total 177 g.

I dug out Rosewood V from closet. You are right. Head is smaller than DHS. It was actually 81g. I put on H3 & T05fx. Balance is good and lighter. One down side, could I have the faster blade with more elastic feeling ?

Edited by aroonkl - 01/31/2015 at 2:50am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 12:09am
Big Thank to Bogeyhunter. He got me a loan arrangement of Nexy Qabod. Blade is very nice and well made. I could not wait to try it this weekend.

Edited by aroonkl - 01/31/2015 at 12:11am
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 3:09am
Received the Yinhe T-11+ last week and have played with it a couple sessions so far.  The weight was 72gr without rubber and 172gr with a sheet of H3 commercial (untuned), a sheet of Sanwei T88-I, and foam edge tape.  My other setup is a Yinhe T-7 with H3 on both sides.  I play close to the table with that setup.  With the T-11+, it's quite a bit faster so I'm playing a step or two back from the table.  So far, the results are promising.  I'll post more after I get a few more sessions in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic