FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Calibra LT/LT+ and Poly balls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calibra LT/LT+ and Poly balls
    Posted: 01/28/2015 at 2:44am
I am starting this thread since the older reviews about Calibra LT/LT+ were about a year old at least and none were involving their performance with poly balls. 

I had tried Calibra LT back in 2013 on my Nittaku Violin and i loved its feeling but less spin potential with older celluloid balls however with my ALC ( Viscaria ) & new poly balls - all i gotta say is feeling is exactly same however need to add that with the new poly balls this rubber plays much more efficient and well behaved .
All Calibra users please chip in their thoughts...
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 4:12am
I use Calibra LT Spin on a clipper wood and I have been training with the polyball for 2 months now. I don't think Calibra plays better with the poly balls, it's still lacking the spin potential of other rubbers like rakza, tenergy or bluefire. The feel is great tho and I like it just as much as with the old ball.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 7:48am
Nice data to know that Calibras LT will still be ok with P-balls. I really wonder how do the calibras tour play with the P-ball. The topsheet is so special (no grip when you touch it)......

Edited by vivan4tt - 01/28/2015 at 7:52am
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 12:18am
Originally posted by vivan4tt vivan4tt wrote:

Nice data to know that Calibras LT will still be ok with P-balls. I really wonder how do the calibras tour play with the P-ball. The topsheet is so special (no grip when you touch it)......

Indeed that was my intention in starting this topic . We all know every manufacturer but butterfly are making all kind of new rubbers and selling to us saying it's for New Polyballs however some of the pre poly rubbers like Calibra LT series are still good and sometimes better due to their characteristics of Speed over spin. 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic