Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Chinese Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
wankhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wankhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Chinese Rubbers
    Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:11am
I have a question for those who have used Chinese Rubbers.

What is the best Chinese Rubbers have you purchased and used?

In term of quality and in term of value for money, with or without Booster Glue, which Chinese Rubbers would you recommend as a substitute for Japanese brands like Butterfly or European brands like Donic, or Xiom?

I'm after substitutes for Tenergy, BlueFire and the like.
Sponsored Links

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:22am
My latest new love is the new Friendship 729 Battle 2 (Tacky) rubber.  See my review on this thread.

I bought mine from eBay:

I don't know this dealer other than the fact that I have purchased from this dealer a few times and the service is good.
atomant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:32am
Currently using LDTT hard FH and soft for BH, new rubbers from LIDU, famous for the glue. Tacky rubber with European sponge. No booster required and design to play with the new plastic ball.
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:44am
May I ask what are LDTT and LIDU?
wankhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wankhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 9:22am
Hi Believer

According to you review, H3 is always > or at least = B2 in terms of tackiness, speed, spin or blocking.

What do you recommend B2 for?
Why don't you recommend H3 instead?
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 9:57am
Best one that I had used is H3 Provincial old version. This Neo version is not tacky enough.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 10:24am
No doubts the best chinese rubber I tested was a blue-sponged Skyline TG3 national version wildly tuned with DHS booster. A friend of mine let me hit with his combo (a Hurricane King cpen) and I was amazed by its speed and softness.
atomant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Believer Believer wrote:

May I ask what are LDTT and LIDU?

LIDU is quite a new brand founded by the Chemist from Haifu. His initial products are glue and booster. Last year, he launched a new rubber called LDTT (ITTF 140-001) and currently used by the some junior members in China and Korea. Currently, not much of marketing being done except word by mouth.

An interesting news I heard was .... China nationals are not allowed to use Haifu products.
JBurn244 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBurn244 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 12:12pm
Hard to beat Hurricanes if that's your cup of tea. Gambler Outlaw is also quite good if you are looking for something Euro style.
Donic Persson Powerplay
Tenergy 80-FX
Donic Acuda P2
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 4:52pm
Best chinese rubbers, well, I guess it depends on your type of game.

I have tryed a lot of chinese rubbers all normal comercial ones.

best 4

Yinhe Big Dipper
Yinhe Apollo 3 
Sanwei T88-I
Tuttle Beijing III

I tryed 

Tg3 neo
DHS G888
Blue whale II
Grip-S
Xu shao fa 999 lsz

Edited by Hautamaeki - 01/30/2015 at 5:30am
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 6:33pm
haifu blue whale ii - last generation - with the black sponge - not the red sponge

:)
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:06pm
That is a good question. It comes to preference. For an example, although h3 has better speed off the table, I don't hit too often far from table. So I prefer one that works better closer to the table. My review is to present my thoughts on the characteristics. But you will have to decide which characteristics fit your game better. Plus I have to tune h3 in order to play better, so to me, an untuned h3 is not as good as the battle 2. That's why I said that b2 is the most playable Chinese rubber out of the package. Once battle 2 tuning effect runs out, then it may not be a good one. But off the package, it works well for me.
wankhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wankhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:13pm
Hi Believer

How long have you used B2 now? and How long its pre-tuned effect would last for?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:16pm
802, or 802-40 is the best Chinese rubber 4ever!
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:29pm
I am only on my first week and a half.  That's why I will check to see how long the effect will wear out.
acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 8:40pm
to save money, i started with DHS TG2 Skyline, Neo H3 for $15 to $18. Then when i got better, I bought TinArc, Gold Arc, Andro Rasant (super fast), Joola Max, Nittaku C-2, Donic BlueFires then Butterfly Tenergy 05 & 64 (25 & 80 are not that great compare to 05 & 64 in my opinion).

And Remember, when you got used to the Tenergies.... you can't go back ! Thumbs Up i don't know what they put in it but it really good !

Good luck and welcome to a new Journey !
wankhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wankhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 1:53am
Hi Acid

I've tried Tenergy 05. It's not much different from Haifu Big Whale.
The only different is Tenergy 05 delivers more catapult and lasts three times longer than Haifu.

Chinese Rubbers have a reputation of its effect die out very soon, especially with low-cost rubbers under $30 or $20.

that's why I am asking for the best Chinese rubbers.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 5:34am
It'd be so nice if someone who's tried a bunch can evaluate them on basic elasticity in normal & tangential direction plus tack & built-in tune instead of meaningless "good for block". Good for whose block? Literally only a one-line description is necessary to capture functional qualities unless there's some exceptional aspect.

For example, most of the newer ESN rubbers are similar to Tenergy in normal elasticity and somewhat less in tangential (ie. lower throw, less spin), and drop off faster due to heavier tune. Tuned non-tack Yinhe's (and most such chinese rubbers) are more like a  crappier ESN than Tenergy even if they use more natural rubber like T and have the grippier face. Most of the diffs here are maybe ~10%.

The chinese rubber that are almost as good tend to be heavily tuned and drop off even quicker than ESN.

In sum, if you buy at decent prices, the market is currently about a doubling in price (chinese-> esn->tenergy) for each ~10% step up at the faster end. To bring value you need to find the product that's exception to this.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 8:40am
Originally posted by AgentHEX AgentHEX wrote:

In sum, if you buy at decent prices, the market is currently about a doubling in price (chinese-> esn->tenergy) for each ~10% step up at the faster end. To bring value you need to find the product that's exception to this.

This is a great summary.

I'd say that some recent Chinese offerings are pushing the ratio more now. 729 Battle I is amazingly good value for money, and gets much closer to the performance of last-gen ESN than anything I've used before (very close to Acuda, with a slight loss of speed and bounciness), while 729 Aurora is remarkably close to Stiga Boost in most respects.

Current-gen ESN rubbers still have the edge in terms of topsheet (non-tacky) grip IMO.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 1:05pm
How did we get this far without mentioning Big Dipper?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 6:03pm
AndySmith, if you are still using Big Dipper, perhaps you can give Battle 2 a try as well.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

How did we get this far without mentioning Big Dipper?

I'm sick of talking about how AMAZING it is.

Originally posted by Believer Believer wrote:

AndySmith, if you are still using Big Dipper, perhaps you can give Battle 2 a try as well.

But BD is just AMAZING. Urgh. I feel sick again now.

The hardness of Battle 2 puts me off. I much prefer BD 38 to the harder sponged versions, for example.

Edited by AndySmith - 01/29/2015 at 6:07pm
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 6:11pm
The 47 deg version may not be that bad. But like you, I am not in the mood to try anything. Just the way it is now.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
wankhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wankhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 9:17pm
Hi Andy Smith

You're quite right that Chinese rubbers are pushing the ratio and performance compared to Jap and Euro.
However, Chinese rubbers prices are increasing as well. Starting from under $20, now most of them are getting around $30, not to mention those national Chinese rubbers could be as pricey as Butterfly.

I just met a guy who boasted to me that he just paid $90 for a chinese rubber. Is it true?
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2015 at 9:22pm
one of the largest and very reputable web has this
rubber for 1290 RMB

http://www.ebest2008.com/dhstj/dhs-lhmnakk3.html

988 RMB

http://www.ebest2008.com/dhstj/dhs-lgk.html
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 5:29am
have anibody tried DHS PF4 before? I tried it once boosted in a blade I dont remember and I think it was more less like Big Dipper no booster. I put a big dipper on a korbel for one of my players (defensive), and he is very powerfull on the FH, I was Impressed, I would be using Big Dipper if TT-store.eu had it in black, so I use Yinhe Apollo 3 with booster. Ohh I put a DHS G888 on the backhand of another payer of mine, she is more controled now, she used Aurus before.

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 6:49am
Agree, B2 does need the proper blade to make it work for its hardness. If they come up with a 45 degree version, that will be a good alternative. I play with 39 degree H3 tuned. So 45 degree in that scale will work better. But I am adjusting it for now and give it a go just so that I don't have to tune it during tournament. Will see how it go...
wankhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wankhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 9:14am
Hi Believer

At USD22, B2 is not cheap for a chinese-made rubber, especially a 729!
Compared to H3, apart from not having to tune, do you find any advantage of B2 when using on the FH?
For example, lower/deeper loop? faster/ punchier smash?

Have you played Haifu Bigwhale before? If yes, how does B2 compare to Bigwhale?
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 8:49am
I have played Blue whale a long time ago for a short period of time.  My memory of BW2 is more dynamic than H3 on the drive shots that has more pop.  However, I find H3 is easier to control.  In some ways, Battle 2 is similar to that.  I think Battle 2 has more spin than BW2.  I guess that if you use to play with European rubber, and want to try Chinese rubber, Battle 2 will offer an easier transition before you go to H3 tuned.  But if you are already playing H3 Chinese rubber, Battle 2 may just be an EJ target to try.

It will come down to personal preferences and other intangibles such as no need to tune or slightly slower for better control.  I am not trying to promote the rubber one way or the other.  I am just expressing my thoughts on this rubber.  I am personally switching to it at least for now and I will be playing it for a couple of tournaments and see what happens.
wankhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wankhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 7:26am
Hi Believer,

Do you recommend 729B2 for FH or BH ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic