Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap alternative to Narucross GS Super Soft?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap alternative to Narucross GS Super Soft?
    Posted: 02/16/2015 at 11:20pm
While practice today, I ripped my relatively new Narucross GS super soft when I got caught on the table.

Does anyone know of a similar rubber that is cheaper?  I guess I could get the guys at the club to go in on an order from tt11 to make it reasonably priced, but I wonder if there's another option.

I'm looking for good spin, soft, and super light.  It's for my BH and I use 1.8 or 1.9 thickness and I don't really want to go thicker than that.
Sponsored Links

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 5:33pm
desto f3 big slam shoud b what you need and dandoy-sports.com has a buy 3 get one free deal  so thats 89 euro for 4 sheets of this rubber 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 5:44pm
I can't justify buying 4 sheets of rubber before I know if I'm going to like it.
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 5:49pm
you can buy one sheet and use this coupon loyal20% .where it says coupon just enter it.received this from dandoy so it should work.
cheondo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 9:21pm
I've been around the block with TT, and I just don't think these kinds of questions make sense or are answerable. Each rubber is unique in its own way. And yet almost all of the rubbers are similar enough where a couple hours of adjustment are all that is needed. GS is a reasonable price for the rubber. Anything less and you're getting into quality issues (Chinese rubbers).

The only thing cheaper I know of is Xiom Vega Euro, but I think GS is better and worth the few extra dollars. It's relatively soft and light and inexpensive.

Edited by cheondo - 02/17/2015 at 9:22pm
Primorac Carbon + P7
Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70427&title=feedback-cheondo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 3:17pm
Bringing this one back from the dead as I'm still searching for the replacement.

Still looking for really light soft and spinny. It doesn't have to be as fast/bouncy as Narucross and I wouldn't want something faster.
I might have to give Vega Euro a try, but I didn't think it was as light.
I use this as my RPB rubber so weight is important.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 4:46pm
What about Tibhar Nimbus Delta S? 
Fly away!
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 5:00pm
How about AK47 Blue? Sounds like it's the perfect rubber for you.

Very fast, very spinny, extremely soft rubber, weighs nearly nothing. It's 2.3 sponge but only because it's so soft and so light already, lighter per scm than nearly all other inverted rubbers.
Super cheap too. Like $15 or less.

Edited by Lightzy - 04/13/2018 at 5:01pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

What about Tibhar Nimbus Delta S? 
From what I read, it's not that light and while cheaper (Thanks to TT11) is not that cheap. Supposed to be pretty bouncy too.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

How about AK47 Blue? Sounds like it's the perfect rubber for you.

Very fast, very spinny, extremely soft rubber, weighs nearly nothing. It's 2.3 sponge but only because it's so soft and so light already, lighter per scm than nearly all other inverted rubbers.
Super cheap too. Like $15 or less.

That's cheap enough to try and toss if I don't like it. Reports are that it's super light, so I'll give it a shot.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I just hope it's not too fast.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 2:05am
It's just under $12 on ali express and shipping is free.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2018 at 12:14am
Just wanted to thank you again for the suggestion. I've been using it on a new blade and I've been pleasantly surprised. As advertised, it is very light, the spin is good and I don't find it to be too fast. I haven't been using it long enough to compare to the Narucross, especially since it's on a different blade, but I'm very happy with the rubber. The low price makes it that much better in my mind. The only problem is the slow overseas shipping.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2018 at 1:58am
SNIVY !! Jokers better be on the lookout against your game...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2018 at 4:46am
I share the thoughts of hookumsnivy. It is on the slower side, but I wouldn't describe it as slow rubber. Remarkable control
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

I share the thoughts of hookumsnivy. It is on the slower side, but I wouldn't describe it as slow rubber. Remarkable control

I don't find it to be slow at all. I was just worried it was going to be too fast based on Lightzy's description of "very fast". I don't find it to be very fast, but it's far from slow. My perception of speed could be a bit off since I'm using it on a new blade that I find to be a little bouncy though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic