Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tomokazu Harimoto
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Tomokazu Harimoto

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 06/21/2011
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2858
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2017 at 9:56am
Harimoto is 13 in ITTF ranking. incredible. will he get in TOP 10 in next few month? Can he beat top CNT players?
Back to Top
wanchope View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/08/2017
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 126
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2017 at 9:59am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Harimoto is 13 in ITTF ranking. incredible. will he get in TOP 10 in next few month? Can he beat top CNT players?


I like him. I'm very interested to see him playing against ML, FZD, XX, or anyone else from that level.
Nittaku S5 Cpen + T05 & Fastarc S1
Back to Top
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 01/06/2007
Location: Walnut Creek,CA
Status: Offline
Points: 872
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2017 at 9:22pm
I think it will be very interesting to see if he can maintain the same level once he grows taller, a lot of juniors struggle after they get taller.
Blade: BBC Hinoki Ghost
FH: Black MX-P
BH: Red MX-P
My Feedback
Back to Top
AntSj00 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2017
Location: South East Asia
Status: Offline
Points: 31
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 5:12am
I really love Young Guns like FZD, Harimoto, Hirano, & Ito
* Viscaria FL + H3P neo + T05fx *
- Enjoy Your Life & Play Table Tennis -
Back to Top
danseemiller View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 11/30/2011
Location: usa
Status: Offline
Points: 256
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 7:13am
Harimoto in Table tennis could be like Tiger Woods was in golf. A level or two above the field someday.

DS
Back to Top
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/15/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 34
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 8:51am
The real open question is whether the Japanese table tennis establishment is able and will create an environment that will allow Harimoto to continue his development to the highest level in the world.  To date, they have not done so historically.  Again and again you observe Japanese development to some, very impressive, high level, yet inferior to the Chinese.  Can this be transcended now?

I have enormous faith in Harimoto's parents, their effectiveness here, to this point in development, is striking.  This type of parental intervention and guidance can thrive up to and through the adolescent stages.  Post these periods, a new environment is needed, one that fosters the highest standards.

When I was on the coaching staff at the Werner Schlager Academy, I watched Fan and Lin and others, in closed door sessions, in their first year with the National team.  They have improved very significantly since that time, due to the environment the Chinese know how to create.  To repeat: Can the Japanese do the same for Harimoto?
Donn
Back to Top
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 09/19/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 9:50am
It's gonna be hard, if possible at all. To be like Ma Long and FZD, you need to practice with players at the level of Xu Xin and Fang Bo all the time. And China has lots of Xu Xin's and Fang Bo's. On the other hand, what does Japan have, other than Mitsutani and Niwa? And I'm pretty sure Japan's system doesn't, and can't force those two into sparring partners in the first place!

Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

The real open question is whether the Japanese table tennis establishment is able and will create an environment that will allow Harimoto to continue his development to the highest level in the world.  To date, they have not done so historically.  Again and again you observe Japanese development to some, very impressive, high level, yet inferior to the Chinese.  Can this be transcended now?

I have enormous faith in Harimoto's parents, their effectiveness here, to this point in development, is striking.  This type of parental intervention and guidance can thrive up to and through the adolescent stages.  Post these periods, a new environment is needed, one that fosters the highest standards.

When I was on the coaching staff at the Werner Schlager Academy, I watched Fan and Lin and others, in closed door sessions, in their first year with the National team.  They have improved very significantly since that time, due to the environment the Chinese know how to create.  To repeat: Can the Japanese do the same for Harimoto?
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 5231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 9:59am
Check out what Japan has achieved with badminton, after hiring former Olympic Doubles gold medalist, Park Joo-bong of South Korea, as the head coach.

Edited by zeio - 09/08/2017 at 10:01am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 09/19/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 10:07am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Check out what Japan has achieved with badminton, after hiring former Olympic Doubles gold medalist, Park Joo-bong of South Korea, as the head coach.


That or China has declined in badminton. The fact Lin Dan is still a top player tells you a lot. If Ma Long still dominates FZD and all the other Chinese players in 5 years, then Harimoto might have a chance   
Back to Top
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 06/21/2011
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2858
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

It's gonna be hard, if possible at all. To be like Ma Long and FZD, you need to practice with players at the level of Xu Xin and Fang Bo all the time. And China has lots of Xu Xin's and Fang Bo's. On the other hand, what does Japan have, other than Mitsutani and Niwa? And I'm pretty sure Japan's system doesn't, and can't force those two into sparring partners in the first place!


how Mizutani become Mizutani? he had practice partners at level of Xu Xin and Fang Bo?
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 5231
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 10:31am
Even back then China was never as dominant in badminton as in table tennis.

Japan has been on the rise since before the London Olypmics, when China was at an all-time high. Park has brought about a slew of changes to the JNT, the most significant being training camp at the national training center. Their players never trained together as a team. Japan table tennis is doing the same thing now.

Edited by zeio - 09/08/2017 at 10:35am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 09/19/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

It's gonna be hard, if possible at all. To be like Ma Long and FZD, you need to practice with players at the level of Xu Xin and Fang Bo all the time. And China has lots of Xu Xin's and Fang Bo's. On the other hand, what does Japan have, other than Mitsutani and Niwa? And I'm pretty sure Japan's system doesn't, and can't force those two into sparring partners in the first place!


how Mizutani become Mizutani? he had practice partners at level of Xu Xin and Fang Bo?


No, of course he didn't have XX's and FB's to practice with. That's why he's a level below ML and FZD. In fact, he's like half a level below XX. What happened in Rio was an upset
Back to Top
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 09/19/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 11:17am
So they're forcing players into concentrated labor, I mean training camps. That's good. That's how you get good in TT or badminton.

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Even back then China was never as dominant in badminton as in table tennis.

Japan has been on the rise since before the London Olypmics, when China was at an all-time high. Park has brought about a slew of changes to the JNT, the most significant being training camp at the national training center. Their players never trained together as a team. Japan table tennis is doing the same thing now.
Back to Top
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 06/21/2011
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2858
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 1:35pm
I paid attention he is blinking all the time. maybe he has eyes problem or using contact lenses ...
Back to Top
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/24/2010
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 1493
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 1:45pm
Harimoto seems to be losing almost every match in the latest round of T2APAC. What's going on? Other players adapting maybe?
clipper cc - fh: mxp max - bh: mxp max (jun 2017) - 2015 video
Back to Top
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 06/21/2011
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2858
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Harimoto seems to be losing almost every match in the latest round of T2APAC. What's going on? Other players adapting maybe?


he beat Mizutani just right now
Back to Top
Basquests View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 08/29/2016
Location: New Zealand
Status: Offline
Points: 93
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 5:01pm
There are plenty of disadvantages of being 14 compared to a man. Other players are likelier to be smarter players and adjust faster etc. as well as be more developed in so many ways, that's why his results are so scary good.

MJ etc. have probably played with him a lot, both being Japanese NT members. Harimoto has had plenty of time to adjust and become very familiar with him, and what works. Its a long struggle to the top, slight dips in form here and there, adjusting to winning when you aren't playing well, becomes easier with age. We've seen it with Hirano and her alleged mental struggles.



Edited by Basquests - 10/08/2017 at 5:02pm
Back to Top
wilkinru View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 04/28/2015
Location: Las Vegas
Status: Offline
Points: 442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 11:34am
I worry about his development now. If he was playing juniors he would be playing a very offensive game and almost always able to get the first offensive shot in. He could work on this aspect of his game. Instead he's up against seasoned pros who often put him under serious pressure. I feel like Harimoto is often just trying to block down these pros. To his credit he can do this and win matches. In a way that's a problem. Having success blocking down Timo Boll (in a final no less) will just encourage him to play passive. He'll never beat the Chinese with that mind set.

I hope his team starts becoming critical on how he wins matches against players outside of the top 100.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
Back to Top
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/17/2009
Status: Offline
Points: 2457
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 2:08pm
I wouldn’t worry about his development.
Back to Top
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 06/16/2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 2:22pm
i geuss you never watch zhang jike playing the other chinese players when he was winning.he is a very good blocker


Edited by patrick1v - 10/09/2017 at 2:26pm
Back to Top
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/07/2014
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1833
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I paid attention he is blinking all the time. maybe he has eyes problem or using contact lenses ...

His father blinks the same way. It is in his genes

Edited by kindof99 - 10/09/2017 at 2:53pm
Back to Top
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 04/19/2005
Location: Afghanistan
Status: Offline
Points: 6789
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

I worry about his development now. If he was playing juniors he would be playing a very offensive game and almost always able to get the first offensive shot in. He could work on this aspect of his game. Instead he's up against seasoned pros who often put him under serious pressure. I feel like Harimoto is often just trying to block down these pros. To his credit he can do this and win matches. In a way that's a problem. Having success blocking down Timo Boll (in a final no less) will just encourage him to play passive. He'll never beat the Chinese with that mind set.

I hope his team starts becoming critical on how he wins matches against players outside of the top 100.


he needs a personal coach or 2. most japanese top players has personal coaches
Back to Top
VladCeller View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 12/09/2015
Location: die Evil Empire
Status: Offline
Points: 420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 3:01am

Tomokazu Harimoto and Hirano Miu are announced to participate in the 2018 YOG Continental Qualification - Asia 3-5/11/2017

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.143 seconds.
Mark all posts as read :: Delete cookies set by this forum

Cookies and JavaScript must be enabled on your web browser in order to use this forum


Copyright © 2003-2013 MyTableTennis.NET - All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer