FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Amicus Advance/Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amicus Advance/Pro
    Posted: 02/23/2015 at 10:43pm
Anyone own or have experience with new Amicus Advance or pro models? The ones with 3 heads, are they any good?
Sponsored Links

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 11:03pm
Before abicus, my math no good. After, i can math.

Friend has pro version. Said he spend 1700 USD on it. I've played with it a bit, the control pannel looks rediculously complicated so i let him deal with that as he set up a few drills for me to do. If you're willing to cough up the money it's a great robot, but not great enough to justify the insane price difference to other bots in my opinion.

Click the picture for feedback ^
wout32 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wout32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 6:01am
I have played with amicus advance and i had bought the pro version. Both versions are easy to use. The ball comes very natural with both versions. I can recommand both versions. The Pro version is bit more powerfull and can give more spin also you can choose the time between each ball.
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by wout32 wout32 wrote:

I have played with amicus advance and i had bought the pro version. Both versions are easy to use. The ball comes very natural with both versions. I can recommand both versions. The Pro version is bit more powerfull and can give more spin also you can choose the time between each ball.
Thanks for answering. How long do you have them? Any reliable issue? 
I want the robot that can do shot ball serve. Is it the only one that could do it?

Edited by aroonkl - 02/24/2015 at 4:09pm
wout32 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wout32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 5:09am
I have the robot for about 6 months. If you want a short serve a good spin, the professional is far better in this aspect because the advance can only do a short serve with very little bit of spin or no spin. The placement with both versions are very good. When I was deciding to buy and amicus advance or professionel it was also difficult for me but I have no regrets for the more price. Because for the more advance multiball drills with a short serve the adjudable time between each ball is very important. Before this robot I had the amicus 1000 good for 1 day or week and i had also the smartpong it is pretty much as the donic robopong but 2x the price and not so durable.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2015 at 10:01am

I have the robot for about 6 months. If you want a short serve a good spin, the professional is far better in this aspect because the advance can only do a short serve with very little bit of spin or no spin. The placement with both versions are very good. When I was deciding to buy and amicus advance or professionel it was also difficult for me but I have no regrets for the more price. Because for the more advance multiball drills with a short serve the adjudable time between each ball is very important.

I am looking for a robot which can do this drill: short heavy backspin serve on your forehand, then loop to your backhand. Could you explain if the Advance is good for this, or I need the Pro version? Can the advanced be programmed to do this sequence? Thanks
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
wout32 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wout32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2015 at 12:11pm
I can do this drill with both but the pro is better for this kind of drills because you can chose the time between each ball.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2015 at 1:59pm

I can do this drill with both but the pro is better for this kind of drills because you can chose the time between each ball.

Thanks a lot wout32. This helped a lot.

As for the amount of spin, is it true that Amicus Advance cannot do short heavy backspin, only Amicus Pro can?
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic