Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Woah there. Im cracking balls left and right.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woah there. Im cracking balls left and right.
    Posted: 02/24/2015 at 2:18pm
How ya'll doing. I recently took off LKT waterbased glue from my omega IV Carbo sponge. It was a pain , literally, I lost skin from the tip of my index finger while doing so. Worked on just the black side for now. After failing miserably 3 times with tear mender on the same rubber, I had given up. But came back to it for the sake of putting it to use instead of just throwing it out. It worked out ( failed once again) and finally wet gluing and a stack of books did it.  My Omega IV , about 1.3 ish years old, domed after taking LKT glue off, like if you ever did speed gluing, you'd know. Again, this is my favorite rubber, i have it on both sides of my hayabusa zxi.
So after using tearmender, I started hearing this tash tash! noise when rallying. went through 2  *** balls and 1 training ball in 2 days. Is this normal? Whats crazy is that my rubber is old. Ive cracked many balls with new Omega IV's but not like this.
The red side is still under LKT glue, makes the good old noise. The black side makes it feel like the wood is putting serious impact on the ball.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 3:03pm
nope, tearmender's just plain vanilla WBG (albeit the one that's the easiest to remove).
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 11:37pm
I still don't get why people would be willing to spend an arm and a leg on a piece of quality rubber but would decide not to invest on some quality glue.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 4:28am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

I still don't get why people would be willing to spend an arm and a leg on a piece of quality rubber but would decide not to invest on some quality glue.

What's better than TM & why?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 8:26am
Enthusiast and real EJ: Nittaku Finezip
Real amateur: Haifu/Dianchi water-based glue

Aside from feel and the horror stories that keep popping up, the major reason is that the glue has a pronounced effect on bounce.  A study done on Nittaku regular VOC glue(New Rubber Dine) and water-based glue(Finezip) with and without booster(Speed Axel) indicates that both regular VOC glue and water-based glue exhibit a steady climb in COR as time progresses.  New Rubber Dine gains 4%, reaches the peak and plateau after 12 hours.  Finezip with Speed Axel gains 7%, and surpasses New Rubber Dine after 24 hours.  Finezip alone shows a 6% increase and plateau after 72 hours, meaning booster contributes only an extra 1-2%.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
cje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 9:00am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

agreed, Tearmender is an excellent TT glue.
Just because it doesn't have Donic, Butterfly on the tube...
http://www.murrayfieldtt.com/

YEO/ Galaxy E-3/ FH: Skyline III Neo / BH: Palio HK 1997
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 11:27am
Originally posted by cje cje wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

agreed, Tearmender is an excellent TT glue.
Just because it doesn't have Donic, Butterfly on the tube...

word up yo  

I have used tons of different glues.....always go back to my loved TM.    I would use Finezip all the time if it was not so freaking expensive.   Removing from the sponge is the most important for me. 

To the OP.....you have to work very quickly spreading TM on the blade surface....like 20 seconds or less per side.  Getting just the right amount of glue dripped out of the bottle on the blade is the key.  Use medium soft make up sponges for best results of spreading evenly. 

Never wet glue and press any glues that are not thick like rubber cement.....you press uneven spots when doing this.   I never bother with any pressing after i dry glue with TM or any other laytex wb glues.....TT branded or not..... I just let them sit and cure for a few days before using. 

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 8:55pm

a quality rubber that lasts me 1 year+ .  if 37$ for a sheet of rubber that lasts me 1 year+ is an arm and a leg, butterfly must be charging us our unborn children for tenergies.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 9:36pm
If $37 for a sheet is not an arm and a leg, then I just don't see how an extra $10-15 can set you back so bad to want to go through all this with some general purpose glue.

Wet gluing with water-based glue?  Good luck with that.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 9:39pm
TM does not require wet gluing and generally, I'd not recommend that method on blades.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 12:14am

If $37 for a sheet is not an arm and a leg, then I just don't see how an extra $10-15 can set you back so bad to want to go through all this with some general purpose glue.

Wet gluing with water-based glue?  Good luck with that.

i dont see a point in using bty glue when i will have to spend time to remove it from the sponge just like i did with my lkt glue. I'd use finezip if the price was half of what it is right now.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 2:13am
That's the problem there.  Who said anything about using the Butterfly or that LKT junk?  It's about quality glue.  Dianchi is an excellent yet affordable choice.  It comes off in one piece without any hassle.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 2:21am
lkt is junk. I've used it. I have a 100 ml tube sitting right beside me. I lost skin from the tip of my finger squeezing out the old glue from my xiom carbosponge. Took an hour+ ! The sponge was intact, which is a good sign.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic