FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Galaxy Moon Pro MAX TENSE ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galaxy Moon Pro MAX TENSE ?
    Posted: 02/27/2015 at 9:40pm
Hi, I tried to find some reviews of this rubber "

Galaxy Moon Pro MAX TENSE"

but kept getting the reviews of the regular moon. Has anyone here used it? A friend of mine has em on both sides of a yasaka blade. The rubbers are about 2 years old and play friggin awesome. It feels nothing like hurricane.

Heres an Ebay link for picture reference. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Galaxy-Moon-Pro-MAX-TENSE-Factory-Tuned-Table-Tennis-Rubber-Sponge-/310492198384

Edit: Hold up. Is this the same as the galaxy moon pro? the supposedly tenergy clone?

Edited by asifgunz - 02/27/2015 at 9:51pm

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Sponsored Links

pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2015 at 11:03pm
The term "max tense" is just marketing hype.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2015 at 11:16pm
so its just the regular moon pro right ?

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 12:24pm
Moon Pro is a MAX TENSE rubber.

But MAX TENSE is just put on the pack to make you want to buy it.
Soundoff88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 12:30pm
No experience with the Pro but I like the Moon Speed.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Soundoff88 Soundoff88 wrote:

No experience with the Pro but I like the Moon Speed.

yeah i actually seen it on multiple sites. I believe it's relatively new.  Would you be able to compare it to any other rubbers that you've used?

AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 3:34pm
The best way to think about this is:

Moon is the basic design of the topsheet. Pro is just the tackier and thus slower version.

Max-tense is designation for a certain sponge from Yinhe. It's used under Max-tense Moon. In the same way, "God-speed" sponge is what is used under "Moon Speed" with usual Moon topsheet. It's slightly faster than Max-tense.

Yinhe Moon is pretty good rubber. Plays like a slower Tenergy, like one that's year old or something.

Edited by AgentHEX - 02/28/2015 at 3:35pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

The term "max tense" is just marketing hype.

Yeah. It's just Yinhe's way of saying "tensioned" rubber, whatever that might mean. They stick this on a lot of their rubbers.

In terms of Moon, you have:

Moon (Regular) - Grippy, non-tacky, good quality do-anything rubber.
Moon Pro - As above, but with a semi-tacky topsheet.
Moon Speed - New version, grippy, non-tacky, faster than Moon, lower throw.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 3:41pm
thank you so much guys!

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by AgentHEX AgentHEX wrote:

The best way to think about this is:

Moon is the basic design of the topsheet. Pro is just the tackier and thus slower version.

Max-tense is designation for a certain sponge from Yinhe. It's used under Max-tense Moon. In the same way, "God-speed" sponge is what is used under "Moon Speed" with usual Moon topsheet. It's slightly faster than Max-tense.

Yinhe Moon is pretty good rubber. Plays like a slower Tenergy, like one that's year old or something.

The rubbers are as you describe, but you don't have Yinhe's labelling quite right (if it matters).

Moon Speed is still classed by Yinhe as a "Max Tense" rubber. It uses the newer God Crossbow sponge, as seen on Big Dipper and Saturn Pro. I also think that the topsheet is different to the original Moon, if only slightly.

My guess is that Yinhe use Max Tense to refer to their factory tuning treatment in some way. Moon, Moon Speed, Big Dipper all get the Max Tense label, but Saturn Pro doesn't. Saturn Pro is the only one on that list which doesn't have the glue layer on the back of the sponge. Not definitive, but there you go.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 3:56pm
I've noticed that Galaxy used to have a MOXA sponge used on their older+cheaper products like Mercury, and introduced "Max-tense" sponge on all the newer+better Moon/Sun/etc which all seem to use same sponge. And their newest products like Big-Dipper/Moon-Speed, etc have the "God-speed" sponge label and again a different sponge.

It's just their own labeling so I guess it doesn't have to be technically consistent. I just found the description above useful for knowing what you're going to get.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by AgentHEX AgentHEX wrote:

I've noticed that Galaxy used to have a MOXA sponge used on their older+cheaper products like Mercury, and introduced "Max-tense" sponge on all the newer+better Moon/Sun/etc which all seem to use same sponge. And their newest products like Big-Dipper/Moon-Speed, etc have the "God-speed" sponge label and again a different sponge.

It's just their own labeling so I guess it doesn't have to be technically consistent. I just found the description above useful for knowing what you're going to get.

True. I don't expect much from them in the marketing department - I just laugh at the translation on the packet and move on. The rubber quality is all that matters, and they're great in their own right (apart from their incredible value for money).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic