Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Michael Maze vs Innerforce ALC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michael Maze vs Innerforce ALC
    Posted: 03/01/2015 at 4:09am
Anyone who is familiar with both blades please share some thoughts on how they compare?  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2015 at 3:37pm
These blades look to be virtually identical except for the placement of the carbon.  That's why I am curious.  Anyone?
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 11:23am
IALC is softer, longer dwell, less dynamic. I love its feel in the BH, it makes it really easy to loop and spin the ball, but I don't like it so much in the FH, because it's not direct enough when I want to swing hard, the ball stays on too long.

The Maze is more direct, more dynamic, but retains a good dwell and control. It would have my preference as FH matters.

Both have a bit of flex that is appreciable away from the table. Both are OFF with good control for their speed. If you're more of an aggressive player who goes for loop-kill, I'd favour the Maze. If you're more spin-oriented, control and placement, the IALC is very good.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 11:40am
ttdb described the Innerforce ALC, as the same as TB ALC except for the placement of the ALC so it would be koto instead of limba as on M.Maze, if that makes a difference.
CipheR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CipheR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 11:47am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

ttdb described the Innerforce ALC, as the same as TB ALC except for the placement of the ALC so it would be koto instead of limba as on M.Maze, if that makes a difference.

Wrong info, because IALC has a limba outer ply instead of Koto
ㅈㅈ지지ㅎㅎㅋㅋ
Nittaku Custom Blade
FH: Neo Hurricane 3 Provincial
BH: Xiom Musa
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 12:23pm
IMO, and relatively speaking of course:

M.Maze can make more spin/its easier to spin the ball compared to IALC. M.Maze has more catapult and a more dynamic feeling.

IALC is also fast and stiff like all other Butterfly ALC blades, but it does have a slightly noticeable "dull" or woody feeling.

But speed, dwell, and control are subjective. I've played with different samples of each blade over the years and the speed of each has varied. I would say because of the catapult effect and more spin, M.Maze has "more dwell", but that's my own interpretation. Both are fast and relatively hard/stiff, but a little more flexy than their brothers the TB ALC, TBS, ZJK ALC, Viscaria, etc.

If you want to go categorically softer and more dwell than a M.Maze, I would say try a Innerforce ZLF, Liu Shiwen, or TB ZLF.

Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

IALC is softer, longer dwell, less dynamic. I love its feel in the BH, it makes it really easy to loop and spin the ball, but I don't like it so much in the FH, because it's not direct enough when I want to swing hard, the ball stays on too long.

The Maze is more direct, more dynamic, but retains a good dwell and control. It would have my preference as FH matters.

Both have a bit of flex that is appreciable away from the table. Both are OFF with good control for their speed. If you're more of an aggressive player who goes for loop-kill, I'd favour the Maze. If you're more spin-oriented, control and placement, the IALC is very good.

agree completely ^^
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic