Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rhyzm : Bad quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Rhyzm : Bad quality
    Posted: 03/04/2015 at 12:27am

Not sure if other forum people have experienced this however i recently bought Rhyzm from Megaspin in USA and the top sheet after just 2 session became like odd pimples at various spots . This sheet has not been boosted and i have used WBG glue alone for gluing purposes and i keep my racket on a double rectangular case from Stiga . 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Sponsored Links

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 12:39am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

unacceptable; I am sure you can ask their help; joola and megaspin stand behind their products and reputation.
Thanks , i just submitted same on megaspin as well. Unfortunately they dont have space to upload picture.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:18am
if true, unacceptable.

However I am not buying your story, sorry. You soak that rubber into something. Seen this exact picture more than a dozen times. Its ALWAYS the same issue, put something on the topsheet, or soak the sponge so bad that it goes through and ruins the topsheet. 

Don't take it personally, i know there is a chance you are not making it up. But if you were me and have seen exact same picture as many times as I have, and know people as well as I do, you will agree that odds are that this rubber has been SOAKED.

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 03/04/2015 at 1:20am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:22am
If I am right though, these tiny bubbles will completely disappear one day after you dry the rubber from the soak. It will play as if they never existed, top sheet is pretty good and appears to sustain those bubbles without damage.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:23am
The sponge has been pressured with something, probably. I have had the same cases many times with the new generation rubbers. Their topsheet is not like the topsheet of the old rubber. It is much more easy to damage it.
Megaspin or Joola have nothing common here.
You must be more careful next time and hope my advice works well for you.
Good luck!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

if true, unacceptable.

However I am not buying your story, sorry. You soak that rubber into something. Seen this exact picture more than a dozen times. Its ALWAYS the same issue, put something on the topsheet, or soak the sponge so bad that it goes through and ruins the topsheet. 

Don't take it personally, i know there is a chance you are not making it up. But if you were me and have seen exact same picture as many times as I have, and know people as well as I do, you will agree that odds are that this rubber has been SOAKED.

You dont have to buy my story and i am not selling here anything . I am not even excepting a refund or anything of that sort from joola nor megaspin and that is why i wrote in my review that i would offer my this sheet to where ever you want me to be sent so that you can work on the real issue behind your top sheet quality and what causes this so that future customers dont have to bear this kind of burden . 

Edited by right2niru - 03/04/2015 at 1:24am
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:26am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

The sponge has been pressured with something, probably. I have had the same cases many times with the new generation rubbers. Their topsheet is not like the topsheet of the old rubber. It is much more easy to damage it.
Megaspin or Joola have nothing common here.
You must be more careful next time and hope my advice works well for you.
Good luck!

Not sure what you are referring to pressure ... i apply these sponges exactly as i apply the Butterfly Tenergy.

These spots were seen after 4 days of not playing with them and kept in a racket bag/cover kept inside my bag for 4 days.

Edited by right2niru - 03/04/2015 at 1:28am
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
stevenjlyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 2:52am
now you just need to see if the tiny bubbles could disappear a couple of days, i have the same experience that i splashed the glue on the topsheet. but i'm not sure if your case is the same as mine. maybe the sponge soak something into your rubber(some tiny glue concretions), check your glue see if it is bad.
ZJK ALC 90g: T80 + T05FX
Boll ALC 89g: AIROC M + Calibra LT Spin
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 4:50am
I've had that same issue with my vega Japan and omega v if I put it in my stiga case with no protective film.
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 10:18am
I have been using joola rhyzm 375 for over a year, and I dont get rubber sheets that look like this...joola will replace it...
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 10:48am
Originally posted by 808ponger 808ponger wrote:

I've had that same issue with my vega Japan and omega v if I put it in my stiga case with no protective film.

When you said that I remembered I had exact same issue also with a stiga case! I stopped using the case because it would give tiny bubbles to my rubber. It does not happen with other cases. I tried to investigate.. though there could have been some humidity left on my paddle. That stiga case has very shiny, nylon-like inner lining, that absolutely does not absorb water. I started putting a paper towel around the rubber and that alleviated the issue, but people saw me doing this and was embarassing and I got rid of that case.
OP, i think you have rather have that issue. Leave the paddle out to dry and bubbles will disapear without consequences. Then either put paper towel or change your case.
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 11:37am
You're seriously overreacting with blaming the OP for this problem. The same thing happened to me with Joola Maxxx rubbers and it just went away. 

Someone else told me, that this behavior is not unheard of and it's definitely not serious. 

Give it some time(2 days) and it will go away. After this, it shouldn't come back or if it does, it won't be this bad. 

Hadn't thought of the casing as the culprit, but since I'm also using one from Stiga, it might have to do something with the moisture buildup inside, like was mentioned. I've had it happen to my Tibhar and Yinhe rubbers too, but not so widespread.
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 12:38pm
I too faced the same issue with Victas V>01 Limber rubber. Left it for a day and the bubbles were gone. I think your Rhyzm came pre tuned. And if any rubber protection sheet is used then the bubbles starts to grow more. 
...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 12:58pm
Nothing serious there.  It comes and goes with youth.  That little boy is just experiencing some allergic reactions from the hormone imbalance.  Things will turn out fine as it ages.  Tongue
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:03pm
I just wonder did the OP miss a step (air the rubber for few days before use) LOL

Edited by Egghead - 03/04/2015 at 1:03pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 3:32pm
My friend had same problem with his brand new one. It behaved like LP.
Blade: YEO
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Neubauer Diamant
http://www.youtube.com/koletis20
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 4:11pm
such a let down. I never bought or used anything from Joola and never will. To me they're a casual brand like killerspin lmao!

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 4:48pm
Sad to see! Luckily it has never happened to me, but have never played with Joola rubbers. Let us now if it's just something temporary and if it disappears. 
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

such a let down. I never bought or used anything from Joola and never will. To me they're a casual brand like killerspin lmao!
Off topic here but I would say joola makes good rubbers FWIW. I think Rhyzm is a high quality rubber.
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 9:31pm
ehhh... i would never get rubber or a blade from joola, but they make good tables, shoes and other equipment. i see them as a good table tennis brand, just not for raquets.

Click the picture for feedback ^
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

ehhh... i would never get rubber or a blade from joola, but they make good tables, shoes and other equipment. i see them as a good table tennis brand, just not for raquets.

To each his own I would say JRE is a quality top notch blade as well just saying...
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by viva viva wrote:

Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Off topic here but I would say joola makes good rubbers FWIW. I think Rhyzm is a high quality rubber.

not off topic. Just putting my 2 cents in regarding the BRAND that is BEHIND the RUBBER that THIS POST is about. If you don't like it, don't pay attention to it.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 1:28am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Viva I agree joola rocks on some markets and where the rhyzm plays is one them; same for the emotion on the blade side.

i think you left a wet   T-shirt on your rubber for long time, this happened to me with 729 rubber after i put a shirt on the rubber overnight
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 3:57am

there is once some spider lay eggs on my rubber in cabinet. after i rubbed off left with many stains and dotes like these Cry

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Leftyy Leftyy wrote:

Sad to see! Luckily it has never happened to me, but have never played with Joola rubbers. Let us now if it's just something temporary and if it disappears. 

Not sure what is going on but this morning inspecting the top sheet most of the pimples like thing seemed to have gone in , few are however still seen . 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic