Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Reduced again: 84g MJ-SZLC, free Tenergy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reduced again: 84g MJ-SZLC, free Tenergy!
    Posted: 03/04/2015 at 5:09pm
3/21/2015: The blade comes with a free 80% new black Tenergy 05 2.1 (see pics at the end of this post)

For sale: a great condition Butterfly Jun Mizutani Super ZLC FL blade with the very rare light weight of 84g.
My price: $275 $250 $230. This is a discount of $133 if you can find a new blade of this light weight at any dealer.
Price includes shipping in the continental US. Paypal please (gift option or you pay the 4% fee).

Two dings that don't affect play (see last 2 pictures below).

This blade normally retails for $340 + tax.

But almost all are around 89-95g. I've never seen one as light as the one I have. The other key thing is this: normally, when you see light blades, they have thinner plies - thus you don't quite get the same performance. I had another one that was 5.58mm. However, this blade is 5.75mm thick (around average). I've had 3 MJ-SZLC blades prior to this. This piece is softer than the others (just like black-tag Viscarias are reputedly softer than regular ones) - that is why the weight is low.

Blade shall come in it's original box with matching serial number.

I invite you to please see my feedback in my signature to verify whether or not I'm a reputed seller.

Edited by slevin - 03/21/2015 at 8:11pm
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 5:14pm
Here's a recent review comparing the MJ-SZLC (the reviewer's piece is a whopping 95g!) to the ZJK-SZLC. At the end of the review, Dan also compares it to the Viscaria and TBS:

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 8:03am
Bump
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2015 at 3:45pm
Price reduced.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2015 at 12:19pm
bump
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2015 at 4:38pm
wow, that is super light!
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2015 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

wow, that is super light!

Yes, that is the lightest I've found. The weight is a great match for this blade, IMHO. While 92g is great for TB-ALC / Viscaria, I think that such weight on the MJ-SZLC makes the blade too fast & stiff.

A 84g MJ-SZLC is still stiffer and more powerful than a 92g Viscaria but it has more spin & feedback to go with it's better feel.
bestbuy123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bestbuy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2015 at 5:33pm
Very light indeed. The lightest I found is only 89g. Bump for nice blade.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 12:31pm
price reduced
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 1:15pm
wow. how has this not been snatched up at this price??

Click the picture for feedback ^
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 1:18pm
We are broke!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

We are broke!!

TrueCry
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 6:06pm
I love my MJs and I would of bought yours in a jiffy, as my 5th backup
cept that ding on the side is pretty bad. I don't want to be spending 200+
for something that is dented like that. But that is definitely a weight i wished
i had.
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by illinichamps illinichamps wrote:

for something that is dented like that

The dent does not affect play.

I have a 86g MJ (no dents) that used to be my main blade. If I hit the ball on the MJ near the region you see the dent (on the MJ-SZLC above), you'll see a marked reduction in rebound (relatively small sweet spot even relative to the Viscaria). On this MJ-SZLC, there is virtually no difference v/s hitting at the mid of the blade.

Edited by slevin - 03/18/2015 at 8:21pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 10:58am
Bump
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 8:11pm
Added: free black Tenergy 05 2.1 to this deal!
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 10:15pm
fatt: PM'ed you.
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 11:44pm
what a great deal, congrats fatt. you're the only one with a wallet deep enough to snatch this one up ^^

Click the picture for feedback ^
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2015 at 12:25am
Fatt
Im really envious of your purchase. Enjoy!
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2015 at 1:37am
Sold!
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2015 at 5:31am
I think, lots of people would have bought it, especially with this weight, but this terrible dent .... 
I don`t means the dent on the top (that does not matter), I mean the dent on picture 7. 
This one looks really dangerous. Maybe we were all wrong and this dent also does not matter, 
but the risk was too high, that there is a cut in the inner veneers.

By the way: if anyone is interested in a like new Mizutani Super ZLC (ST),
played less than 90 minutes, please contact me, I will offer it here in the forum soon.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2015 at 11:47am
the weight is kinda light @84g & I think it's due to the outrageously slim & thin handle. The "dent" (depression) is repairable as long as it's NOT a crack which goes sideway or/and goes deep toward to the core of the blade body.
At least the seller is honest & up-front & posted many pics for ALL to see. He is NOT trying to mislead the general public.

@manfred, your MJ SZLC ST is reallyx2 nice & @ good weight too.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2015 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

the weight is kinda light @84g & I think it's due to the outrageously slim & thin handle. 

That's what I thought, but I found out that that is untrue.

This is my 3rd MJ-SZLC. It's blade thickness is 5.75mm

My 2nd one was 89g with 5.61mm blade thickness. But it had a thinner handle (also FL) than the 3rd one.

The handle of this is absolutely MJ-SZLC-normal. Based on my playing test (same rubbers on both blades), the difference is in the softness of the plies in the blade (not sure which plies though) - my 3rd seemed distinctly softer than the 2nd. Less dense wood = lower weight. It also has more dwell time. That's why I loved it as shall the buyer.

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

If I ever sell it, it Will be here at the same price or under to honor slevin who i like :)

You don't need to - I'm never against anyone maximizing their revenue to subsidize their EJing! As I mentioned to you, this sells for $378 in Europe after VAT...

Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I think, lots of people would have bought it, especially with this weight, but this terrible dent .... .
See my response to illinichamps above. While it isn't great to look at, it does not affect play.

I have NO qualms offering to buy back from any buyer (least of all fatt) at the same price if, after he receives it, he's unsatisfied. With that guarantee, so long as one wants to buy to play and not collect or resell, how can one not try to get this blade at this price instead of paying EUR 299 from another seller?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic