Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viscaria no serial but silver tag???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2015 at 1:16am
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

About the catalog part, i'm not sure if all blades displayed on butterfly catalog do not have serial numbers but rightfully they wouldnt want to display cos others may copy that serial number. Therefore most of the time, catalog blades do not have serial numbers.

You're correct about no balde had a serial number displayed on Butterfly catalog, However, It was in 2004 and 2005, there was no serial number implement yet Big smile

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 03/11/2015 at 1:29am

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
Sponsored Links

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2015 at 6:44am
Very interesting discussion, really.
So my TBS metal tag and serial number starting with the letter "G" is made in 2006 ?
I thought it is older...

Ben1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

This is "unusual", because Butterfly blades got a serial number since 2002 and a black metal tag up to 2005. From 2006 on they got the silver tag.

1987 - 2002 = black metal tag, no serial number
2002 - 2005 = black metal tag + serial number
2006 - 2014 = silver tag + serial number

If these informations are right, there was never a combination of silver tag without serial number. Of course I am not 100% sure, that my informations are right. Maybe one of our Butterfly collectors can verify my informations.

Magic_M you are not right.
Butterfly produced blades made in Japan, before 2006 and with silver tag, as an example the first Butterfly Joo Sae Hyuks without serial number never had old tags. They had silver tag. It always makes me laugh, when people are looking for Joo Sae Huyks with old metal tag.

Edited by Ben1 - 09/09/2017 at 3:28pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 8:35pm
"If these informations are right, there was never a combination of silver tag without serial number. Of course I am not 100% sure, that my informations are right. Maybe one of our Butterfly collectors can verify my informations."

I happen to have a Viscaria, silver tag with NO SERIAL number. And it is definitely legit. I own 4 other Viscarias all silver tag with regular serial numbers. The No serial tag one I call "John Lennon". It is my main blade.

FdT
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by E.ZegnaFan E.ZegnaFan wrote:

Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

This is "unusual", because Butterfly blades got a serial number since 2002 and a black metal tag up to 2005. From 2006 on they got the silver tag.

1987 - 2002 = black metal tag, no serial number
2002 - 2005 = black metal tag + serial number
2006 - 2014 = silver tag + serial number

If these informations are right, there was never a combination of silver tag without serial number. Of course I am not 100% sure, that my informations are right. Maybe one of our Butterfly collectors can verify my informations.

Each first letter represent a Butterfly's datecode for each year :) Just count back the serial number with first letter"O" down to letter "G" :
- O for 2014 Silver tag.
- N for 2013 Silver tag.
- M for 2012 Silver tag.
- L for 2011 Silver tag.
- K for 2010 Silver tag.
- J for 2009 Silver tag.
- I for 2008 Silver tag.
- H for 2007 Silver tag/old black metal tag (update by Dean).
- G for 2006 Silver tag/Old black metal tag.
- 2005:  new version M.Maze ALC with silver tag and without serial number appeared in Butterfly 2005 catalog. Link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70637&PID=859894&title=old-2004-butterfly-catalog#859894
- 2004: First year Kreanga Carbon ULC with Silver tag appeared in Butterfly Catalog without serial number and  the introduction of old version M.Maze ALC with old black metal tag outside of Japan. Links:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70643&PID=860038&title=old-2005-butterfly-catalog#860038
http:///mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63736&PID=761789&title=an-old-catalog-in-my-hand#761789

So none of those Butterfly blades manufactured in 2005 or before had a serial number but silver tag :)

There's a series of Butterfly M.Maze ALC blade with silver tag but without serial number, same with Kreanga Carbon ULC blade. Not too long ago, member oldblades from Taiwan and prospin from Singapore sold here a Butterfly M.Maze ALC silver tag without serial number. However, this Viscaria FL is the first one I have ever seen on the used market :)

I just took off the rubber on my Maze ALC - turns out to be a series G - with a couple of dings but otherwise perfect.  is that worth more than a new one  of the current equivalent blade - Freitas I think.
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 12:11am
I have a 2008 I series Viscaria and it has a black tag. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic