Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VIDEOS : Asian Cup 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 10:23am
Now that Feng Tianwei won is a real surprise. More endorsements!
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 10:27am
Feng killed Liu's career!
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 10:27am
http://tabletennista.com/2015/3/fan-zhendong-clinches-2015-asian-cup-title/

Tabletennista erroneously reporting that FZD won...
Cybershape Carbon
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 10:28am
http://m.tabletennista.com/2015/3/fan-zhendong-clinches-2015-asian-cup-title/?utm_source=facebook&utm_term=fan-zhendong-clinches-2015-asian-cup-title&utm_campaign=fb-tta

Isnt fzd the champion?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 10:29am
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

Feng killed Liu's career!

Yeah, but since top 3 go to Asia Cup unless the World Champion is also from the same country, it hardly matters...
Cybershape Carbon
john18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 10:30am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Kindof99,

I don't know what you feel about table tennis but when I watch the top Chinese players in the top 4, I feel that any of them can best the other on any given day. We can be 95% certain that FZD will play the World Cup anyway. And no one has two Olympic golds so winning one at 23 is more than special.

I agree. Also, great players like Ma Long, Xu Xin and before Wang Hao or Wang Liqin never had a gold medal in Olympic games. That's show how hard it is to get one and if you only get one gold medal, you must feel very very happy regardless of the age.
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 11:57am
waiting to see the final, but on the semi, XX simply CRUSHED JM, he beat him into pulp. And Mizutani had been playing great lately. That is the sharpest XX I remember. He went swinging on nothing-balls and they kept going in. Mizutani thought that was luck and waited for luck to run out but when he figured he wont survive to see it he started swinging himself, but not with same succcess.
atomant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 12:03pm
Feng Tianwei Won! Finally her form is back with vengeance.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 12:39pm
The ball in use looks marked with TWO different stamps. Most curious innovation ever seen.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 12:46pm

So who is the winner?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 1:00pm
Only three CNT members will be sent for the Olympics, and I believe ZJK and ML are almost certain to be chosen. So the third member is basically between XX and FZD. FZD beat XX in several domestic events, but lost to XX in Asian games and Asian cup.  Hopefully FZD does not become the next ML, who seemed to be very promising at the very young age, but did not really do well in the big world event. By the way, I am a FZD fan.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

So who is the winner?
============================

Men's side:  Xu Xin won.  (He beat FZD in the final.)
Women's side:  Feng Tianwei won. (She beat Liu Shiwen in the final.)
skip3119
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 1:42pm
# Women's 2nd Semifinal (original aspect ratio)

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Only three CNT members will be sent for the Olympics, and I believe ZJK and ML are almost certain to be chosen. So the third member is basically between XX and FZD. FZD beat XX in several domestic events, but lost to XX in Asian games and Asian cup.  Hopefully FZD does not become the next ML, who seemed to be very promising at the very young age, but did not really do well in the big world event. By the way, I am a FZD fan.

Ma Long is one of the greatest players of all time, whose main sin is to have never won a WTTC. Keep some perspective.
Cybershape Carbon
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2015 at 2:08pm
It is not that i do not like ML.He is a great guy and a great player.But everytime I saw him switch to backhand serve in crutical points, I was really pxxsed off.There are ertainly reasons that he only won one world cup during his ten years as a cnt member.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 5:50am
I would like to see how Koki Niwa won against Xu Xin but I couldn't find any video of that match.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 8:42am
I was really interested in the Xu Xin/Koki Niwa game too, especially seeing how dialed in Xu Xin was against Mizutani. 
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

waiting to see the final, but on the semi, XX simply CRUSHED JM, he beat him into pulp. And Mizutani had been playing great lately. That is the sharpest XX I remember. He went swinging on nothing-balls and they kept going in. Mizutani thought that was luck and waited for luck to run out but when he figured he wont survive to see it he started swinging himself, but not with same succcess.

LOL Easy on the hyperbole. Every person in the world knows Xu Xin trumps Mizutani, but Mizutani took 2 sets in this match. That's not getting CRUSHED or beat to a pulp.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 2:18pm

Hopefully FZD does not become the next ML, who seemed to be very promising at the very young age, but did not really do well in the big world event.

?

Do well in big world event? Ma Long has had a great career so far, and its far from over. Wang Hao's had his number in 3 consecutive World Championships, otherwise he has arguably been one of the best 3 players in the world for most of his time on the CNT.

bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Hopefully FZD does not become the next ML, who seemed to be very promising at the very young age, but did not really do well in the big world event.

?

Do well in big world event? Ma Long has had a great career so far, and its far from over. Wang Hao's had his number in 3 consecutive World Championships, otherwise he has arguably been one of the best 3 players in the world for most of his time on the CNT.

what??
ML can't be best 3 players because of Wang Hao??Disapprove
Anyone can be the world best player base on this logic...

Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

what??

What? LOL

My opinion: Ma Long has been at least one of the 3 best players in the world for most of his time on the CNT.

-and-

just because he lost to Wang Hao in the last 3 World Championships, doesn't mean he "did not really do well in the big world event"........

Make sense?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 3:08pm

what??

What? LOL

My opinion: Ma Long has been at least one of the 3 best players in the world for most of his time on the CNT.

-and-

just because he lost to Wang Hao in the last 3 World Championships, doesn't mean he "did not really do well in the big world event"........

Make sense?

no. doesn't Make sense..Tongue
ML had big world event (single) 9 times, only get one world cup. you think he is doing well??
Yes..if he is a USA national team member..but not for CNT because most of them can do this for 9 times..
Current result shows he did not do well
in the big world event....and must be some reasons for that, can't blame you have no luck for 9 times.

Edited by bayttplayer - 03/16/2015 at 3:09pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 3:50pm

no. doesn't Make sense..Tongue
ML had big world event (single) 9 times, only get one world cup. you think he is doing well??
Yes..if he is a USA national team member..but not for CNT because most of them can do this for 9 times..
Current result shows he did not do well
in the big world event....and must be some reasons for that, can't blame you have no luck for 9 times.

Eh? What big world events besides the World Championships and the Olympics (which I don't remember he went to any)? (World Cup? Not really a big World Event in my book.)

Since 2008 -- Lets say when Ma Long start to really mature and move past Wang Liqin and Ma Lin -- Who are the best 3 players in the world other than Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, and Ma Long?

Ma Long choking "in big world event" is more or less a myth. I think he lost to Timo Boll or something like that at a World Team Championships a few years ago, and then there's the World Championships, where he's just been unlucky enough to play against Wang Hao in every semi-final.

Of course he's doing well. Not as well as Zhang Jike or Wang Hao, but who's debating that?

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 03/16/2015 at 3:51pm
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 4:11pm

Eh? What big world events besides the World Championships and the Olympics (which I don't remember he went to any)? (World Cup? Not really a big World Event in my book.)

I know Ma Long at least played 2007, 2009, 2011, and 2013 WTTC singles. Not sure about 2005. Prolly not. He made it to the semis in 09, 11 and 13.

Most people count the WC as a big world event, albeit less important than the OG and WTTC by quite a bit. He at least played 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2014 World Cup. He might of played more but I can at least track those years on Wiki as he placed in the top 3.

So he has played at least 8 big world events -- bayttplayer is not far off. Now, I'm just laying out the facts of his record, and it's people's opinion whether it's impressive or not.

One argument you can make for him, is that the Pro Tour Finals should be accounted as a big world event as well. After all, it's a world wide event that accounts for pro tour performances of the whole year. Ma Long has won the Pro Tour Finals a number of times.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I know Ma Long at least played 2007, 2009, 2011, and 2013 WTTC singles. Not sure about 2005. Prolly not. He made it to the semis in 09, 11 and 13.

Most people count the WC as a big world event, albeit less important than the OG and WTTC by quite a bit. He at least played 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2014 World Cup. He might of played more but I can at least track those years on Wiki as he placed in the top 3.

So he has played at least 8 big world events -- bayttplayer is not far off. Now, I'm just laying out the facts of his record, and it's people's opinion whether it's impressive or not.

One argument you can make for him, is that the Pro Tour Finals should be accounted as a big world event as well. After all, it's a world wide event that accounts for pro tour performances of the whole year. Ma Long has won the Pro Tour Finals a number of times.

Ma Long has won the Asian Championships, The Asian Cup, the National Championship, Pro Tour Titles, Chinese Games and been a key player in the Super League.  3 bronze medals at WTTC.  There is no doubt that his lack of major titles hurts his case, but there is no one, and I mean no one, who will look back on this time and not consider Ma Long to be one of the big players of this decade.  He will just be the obvious candidate for the best player never to win it all.  I mean, there are many people who think he is a better player than the World Champion - how many players can you say that about?
Cybershape Carbon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 4:21pm
Zingy DNA:

Wink Yep, I know he lost to JSH in '07, but that can probably be written off as inexperience.

(Compared, to say, Wang Hao losing to Michael Maze in the top 16 at the '05 Worlds, the year after he reached the Olympic Final.) IN FACT, WANG HAO IS A BIGGER CHOKER THAN MA LONG, if you just gauge how a player performs under pressure at the biggest events! He should have at least 3 World Championships, and a gold medal, at least.

The World Cup is as important to me as any other big pro tour event or the Pro Tour Finals... At least in the context of arguing with someone on a forum about how good successful a player like Ma Long is.

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 03/16/2015 at 4:22pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 4:30pm
what? you don't count 'World Cup'?? So, ML has nothing....you still think he is doing well on big world events??Cry

you can say ML doing well on pro tour but not big events..if ML play 9 pro tour for sure he win at least 3 or more..
I do believe he locks on big events is becasue his style, he is good on counter loops but when his
opponent play more aggressive the ball quality got crazy high he don't have chance to counter. That's why he can beat Wang Hao in pro tour but not World Championships, WH's quality is different when he in World Championships. ML will have same issue if he against FZD or LJK this time.

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 4:33pm

what? you don't count 'World Cup'?? So, ML has nothing....you still think he is doing well on big world events??

Well, no active player except ZJK has anything if you don't count the World Cup LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 4:37pm

what? you don't count 'World Cup'?? So, ML has nothing....you still think he is doing well on big world events??

Well, no active player except ZJK has anything if you don't count the World Cup LOL

yes, I mean base on ML's performace in pro tour. He should get something in big events...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2015 at 4:53pm

YES! Exactly my point. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic