Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Carbonado 145 vs 190 (Full Review)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2015 at 1:53pm
Tempting..
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Sponsored Links

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2015 at 3:27am
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I'm hesitant to buy one and try, because almost all recent Stigas were dissappointment for me since they felt dull. Do these blades have the dry, hardish and dead feel of recent Stiga blades? (intensity, infinitiy, cc5, rw7 etc.) I like lively, catapulty blades without being hard.

Speaquinox , have you tested a heavy Infinity (>=85gr)?
Infinity plays so well as the Stiga blades I was playing at 80's.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2015 at 6:17am
Yes I had one @86-87 gr. It was among the better ones, though it felt thin and a bit less power than I like.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2015 at 7:59pm
In case people want a direct comparison, the 145 is distinctly slower than a Viscaria, and has a quite different feel.  More vibration, a little more flexibility, throws low (by comparison).  Large comfortable FL legend handle, nice for people with big hands.  I tried it with Tenergy 05, which is what I used on my Viscaria.  I think if you are used to Butterfly ALC blades with T05, and you try Carbonado blades, you might want to go with Tenergy 64.   

The Carbonado 145 I received was comparable weight (~92g) to my main Viscaria.  Definitely you will need to open up your racket angle more when you attack with the 145 compared to any Butterfly ALC.  Short game is very nice on the Carbonado.  But for me at least, it was clear pretty quickly that it was not going to displace my Viscarias, so I sold my 145. 

Once again I have learned the lesson, never buy a blade you haven't tried. 
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 6:03am
Or I might say never buy a stiga blade:)
I liked clipper a lot , so what to do if you like a stiga blade, search for the same construction elsewhere and 100 % sure it would be better like it happened when I got the Adelie from NITTAKU:)
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 5:07pm
Someone can compare these 2 blade with stiga cc7 in term of speed, now I'm very confused in china promote both speed just 125 but in stiga website claim is 145 so faster than cc7 (142), pls suggest me , how do think if compare with cc7?
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 5:31pm
Thats a very good advice Baal but sadly I don't think everyone got clubmates and friends to borrow every blade from. It should be cool if there would be a table in the TT shops where you could test out some equipment, have anyone seen this? 
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2015 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Leftyy Leftyy wrote:

It should be cool if there would be a table in the TT shops where you could test out some equipment, have anyone seen this? 

Yes, almost any TT shop in Germany! They also send out test kits with a number of blades and rubbers which the customer can select.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2015 at 5:12pm
Sound nice, I saw that some stores in China also got tables in the shop so maybe it's not that rare as I thought. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 3:59pm
Yogi how is 190 compared to clipper?
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 8:34am
I played with a Carbonado 190 for about 2 weeks.
I am going to a tournament in the next 3 days so if anyone is interested i can say a few words about it.

Overall what yogi mention its quite correct.
I tested this blade with xiom omega 4 euro.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2015 at 8:16am
Awesome reviews Yogi! These blades really are the front of the line for Stiga in it's new generation blades, it's nice to read what an experienced reviewer/player thinks of these products and MYTT is probably the best forum to come to in order to do that, with a lot of credit to yourself ;)
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2015 at 10:05am
Had mine 190 for quite a while now, I really enjoy playing with, but at the end of the day the laser sharp control of TB ALC outweighs the nice feel of this blade. I got memories of my old limba days.

My short version: The blade is barely OFF in speed. To me an OFF blade is ALLROUND blade, good for everything. It is stiff, and has very little vibration. However it is soft. Don't confuse stiff and soft. The blade will not vibrate, but the wood itself will allow the ball to sink very well. Throw is really low, the lowest I have ever tried. I thought that would bother me, but I was able to adjust in just 5 mins and it didn't. 
Game: good close to table, good for opening loop, great touch and great serve. Away from the table was disapointing for me. It is a carbon blade after all, but it feels blurry compared to TB ALC. TB ALC is a laser, man, lobbing far from table or messing around with a friend.. you feel you know exactly where its gona go even when you far. The 190 from afar... i don't feel it, i just shoot that way and hope..
I got an excellent specie for sale, very nice wood, box, like new... if someone interested pm : )

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 08/14/2015 at 10:07am
Ben-Jammin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben-Jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 3:02pm
Dan from table tennis daily compared the 145 to viscera and the 190 to the Zhang Jike super zlc. Has anybody had a similar experience with these blades? 
TBS FL, T05, T64
Viscaria FL, H3N, T64

m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:29pm
does anyone know the compositions of the two carbonado's (like what woods are used in the 7 plies), and if possible the correct order?
Feng Shuei
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

Had mine 190 for quite a while now, I really enjoy playing with, but at the end of the day the laser sharp control of TB ALC outweighs the nice feel of this blade. I got memories of my old limba days.

My short version: The blade is barely OFF in speed. To me an OFF blade is ALLROUND blade, good for everything. It is stiff, and has very little vibration. However it is soft. Don't confuse stiff and soft. The blade will not vibrate, but the wood itself will allow the ball to sink very well. Throw is really low, the lowest I have ever tried. I thought that would bother me, but I was able to adjust in just 5 mins and it didn't. 
Game: good close to table, good for opening loop, great touch and great serve. Away from the table was disapointing for me. It is a carbon blade after all, but it feels blurry compared to TB ALC. TB ALC is a laser, man, lobbing far from table or messing around with a friend.. you feel you know exactly where its gona go even when you far. The 190 from afar... i don't feel it, i just shoot that way and hope..
I got an excellent specie for sale, very nice wood, box, like new... if someone interested pm : )

it seems that stiga has been unable to make a clipper designed to play with 40+
Elpasko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elpasko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 6:39am
Hi,
is anybody able to compra Carbonado 145 against Apolonia ZLC please?

I'm using Carbo now, but would like to get more control, does it Apolonia offer, other property?

Thanks for replay,
Jan
Elpasko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elpasko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 6:40am
...compare...sorry
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 9:08pm
Can anyone advise on what the difference in speed is between Carbonado 190 vs ZJK ZLC?  Thanks.
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 11:02pm
the ZLC is faster, stiffer, requires more technique to control. it's not so forgiving. as carbonado
Feng Shuei
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 11:03pm
Apollonia won't give u more control. it's ur technique that's the problem. Apollonia is actually faster than carb, which means less control
Feng Shuei
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic