Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battle 1 and 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 10:33am
Ty cole!

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 11:58am
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

Hi Cole, what sponge hardness did you order for both?

according to the ZP website, sponge is orange 37
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 12:51pm
Battle 1 comes in 40 and 42.
Battle 2 comes in 45, 47, and 49.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 1:52pm
is Battle 1 a good upgrade coming from dawei IQUL?
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 4:00pm
I've had two training sessions with it now and I like it more and more on bh. I've used iqul in sv and 40, and yes I think it's an upgrade. It's more lively and still has good grip and good control. I especially like playing against LP with it: I was lifting many consecutive balls with Bh. Blocking is easy, loops were dipping nicely in when you sink the ball. I'd been using 1.8 hard rubber (Rakza 7) on bh before but I actually find this has more control and still the same ease at over the table topspin. I thought iqul was a great rubber, but it was difficult to get in Europe and I had a dodgy sheet once :)
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 2:04am
just did mine today

total bat weight : 174g
blade weight : 78g
red 2.1 42d battle1 : 45g
black 2.1 47d battle2 : 51g

the rubber combo is pretty heavy
gona take it for a session tomorrow and see how it plays

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 11:00am
Your blade is pretty light. Imo 175g is average. If you add some weight to the bottom like i did. It will make the blade less head heavy, more uniform and feel like 160g

_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Your blade is pretty light. Imo 175g is average. If you add some weight to the bottom like i did. It will make the blade less head heavy, more uniform and feel like 160g

how do you do that , add weight to the bottom
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by _maddic _maddic wrote:

how do you do that , add weight to the bottom

Donuts. Keep eating until Kanye West proposes to you.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 1:06pm
I keep wrapping rope to the bottom. Home made cotton rope wrap grip. Super comfortable and it adds weight. Also lead tape that is used for golf clubs works well. Bty lead tape is pricey imo. You get a whole roll of golf lead tape for the price of 5 piece of bty tape.

roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 1:30pm
They are now in stock!!!Thumbs Up

http://colestt.com/inverted.php

S2 | Virtuoso | M3
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 5:13pm
Can someone please comment on the durability of the two? someone had stated that after a month the b2 dies out. However, being relatively new to the U.S. market, I would like some more opinions on it. the 729 Aurora is my new found gem on my BH. If she gives me 6 months of use. I will use her for the next 3 years. 6 sheets at 18$ each is def worth it.

eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2015 at 4:40pm
Obligatory bump. These two rubbers could very well be the end of my 7 year EJ journey. Besides playing fabulous; they are readily available, consistent from batch to batch, and cheap! I don't see 729 phasing out products that often either. I'm winning the internal battle (no pun intended) that has always made me want to try the latest and greatest and weighed heavily on my wallet for so long.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2015 at 5:41pm
Eon. Since youve used the two for some time now, how is the durability? Is it true that b1 is faster and spinnier than b2?
Im aware that the first is mechanical vs latter is a hurricane type rubber. Is the tack still there on b2? How is the grip now on b1?

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2015 at 7:59pm
After years of playing with Andro stuff, I've moved on to Chinese...since Big Dipper has some serious QC issues, I'm looking at Battle I next :)

How's the throw on this beast? Also, it's sad that what we once considered 'average' in weight has now been upgraded to 'light'....since the advent of Tenergy.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 12:48am
When's the releasing date of Battle 3? There was a lot of hype about B3...
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 12:56am
It was a photoshopped pic for april fools

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 11:01am
I just put on a new sheet of B2 onto a blade. My original sheet was used for probably about 30 hours for almost 3 months. It still plays well, but the new sheet (bought at the same time several months ago) clearly has a heavy boosting smell. I am not sure but B2 lasts at least 3 months for me-even if heavily factory tuned. I have not (and will not) try to re-boost my older sheet.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 1:00pm
I'd say after 50 hours (including a ton of robot training) they both lose a small amount of spin but are decent up to 150 hours. Comparable or slightly less durable than Blitz/Vega Europe. Pretty average. I make sure to have brand new on before serious tournaments. Also they are fragile when removing from the blade so not great for swapping often. I can't really compare speed of the two because B2/FH and B1/BH fits my style and it's super awkward the other way. B2 does stay quite medium-tacky by today's standards.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 2:20pm
Thank you for the durability update! If I cant get topenergy hard. It will ptobably be b2 on my fh.

Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 8:39am
another Obligatory bump lol. i've played battle 1 (40º) on a flexible all wood blade - appelgren allplay - and a stiffer all wood blade - tibhar samsonov alpha - i prefer them on the stiffer blade. durability is good. the topsheet on the fh shows a bit of wear after 30 hours and lots of loop practice, but the rubber continues to play well. i use the same on both sides, so i've just turned the bat around ;)

like eonblue, i think i'll stay with these for a while - cheap, spinny, fast enough, durable, and consistent (have owned 5 battle 1 now and can't detect any difference between them).
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 2:42pm
Im using tg3 skyline neo. How strong is battle 2 off the table? Im hoping to counterloop from beyond 5 ft

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 8:59pm

Im using tg3 skyline neo. How strong is battle 2 off the table? Im hoping to counterloop from beyond 5 ft

I do not find counterlooping off the table to be its strength. It is better blocking at the table or looping/counterlooping over the table. That is my opinion. I have been using it on a harder defensive blade (yinhe LQ1) for several months. I just did my 2nd session with a new sheet on the more flexible LQ2 and still am getting the feel, but this is not a great off the table counter loopers rubber. Others may disagree...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 9:24pm
I would think it does better than most rubbers of similar tackiness.  It seems to me that most players in that style use a more euro topsheet.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 10:44pm
Damn . I can counterloop 6-7 feet off table with my tg3 neo. However it puts serious amount of strain on my legs and lower body.
Wish there was a good tacky rubber for off table.

Edited by asifgunz - 06/27/2015 at 10:46pm

crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 2:28am

Damn . I can counterloop 6-7 feet off table with my tg3 neo. However it puts serious amount of strain on my legs and lower body.

well you could get the old non Neo H3 or TG3 and speed glue it HARD Tongue

Edited by crackfst - 06/28/2015 at 2:29am
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 3:04am
if someone has used big dipper and battle I/II, can you comment about the differences you've noticed?
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 3:12am
Originally posted by crackfst crackfst wrote:

well you could get the old non Neo H3 or TG3 and speed glue it HARD Tongue

I cant speedglue boss. Well, I can but I dont want it on my conscience. I play in NCTTA and U.S. open next year most likely, and even though they dont check unless its a super huge event, It will bother me knowing I have an unfair advantage.

topspinschuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 5:23pm
Hey guys,

There were many questions about durability here. I tried Battle 1. If you have any kind of proper topspin technique at all this rubber will bubble sooner or later. In my case it was almost immediately (within 2 hours). I suspected it when I noticed that the topsheet easily comes off the sponge when I pulled the topsheet off of a cutout. I don't want to retype everything, so here are the details: 

Awesome rubber, but terrible manufacturing quality. 

Edited by topspinschuss - 09/18/2015 at 5:25pm
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 10:29pm
Funny thing is I used probably 15 different sheets of B1 and never had it bubble until just today when it mattered the most. I'd really like to keep using it.

Edit..  I dug through the trash to find some old B1 cutouts and checked three on my old blades, known stock from Eacheng.  Sponge was locked, no getting it off without tearing to pieces!  Checked all five newer ones from ZP and they all separated like butter.  One of the five was on a new blade I wasn't digging and hadn't used much.  The second I had only used a week and noticed the bottom was unglued some but didn't think much of it, changed it for the tournament to the one that bubbled. The last two were still new in package.

I ordered two new from Eacheng to see what luck brings.  Still even if it's okay I probably can't keep buying without some kind of confirmation that it's truly fixed.  There is no guarantee that I wouldn't eventually get the same stock from other vendors or that it happens again.  It's a big bummer because I'm doing better than ever with it.

Numbers on two bad ones are 111720001905 and 111720001906.

Edited by eonblue - 09/21/2015 at 2:18am
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic