Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Evolution MX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 2:42pm
You do not have to be 2200ish at all....
I'm not even 1600 fully yet and can destroy opponents from the spin alone. I have 3 setups
Hurricane long 5 new verison
Fh sanwei target national
Bh tenergy 05

Garaydia alc 89 grams
Fh mxs
Bh tenergy 05

Timo boll alc
Fh mxs
Bh rasant grip

Mxs is not hard to use. I'm only 23 years old. Anyone young enough with power can use it or anyone with good technique

If not mxp is good too if you're a brush Looper or straight power hitter

Mxs is very easy to use once You practice with it for a few days
All my club members are using mxs all have a rating of 1000-2200.
Sponsored Links

rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by HarmonicTT HarmonicTT wrote:

You do not have to be 2200ish at all....
I'm not even 1600 fully yet and can destroy opponents from the spin alone. I have 3 setups
Hurricane long 5 new verison
Fh sanwei target national
Bh tenergy 05

Garaydia alc 89 grams
Fh mxs
Bh tenergy 05

Timo boll alc
Fh mxs
Bh rasant grip

Mxs is not hard to use. I'm only 23 years old. Anyone young enough with power can use it or anyone with good technique

If not mxp is good too if you're a brush Looper or straight power hitter

Mxs is very easy to use once You practice with it for a few days
All my club members are using mxs all have a rating of 1000-2200.

I have weak wrists and arms :(
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I have tried using mx-s, and 100% agree with both of you guys, to effectively use this rubber you need to be strong and be atleast 2200 ish

I don't agree.   It's all about an approach to winning points. If you play with tactical spin then the rubber makes sense. If your game is about power then the rubber does not make as much sense. People who complain about MXzzS tend to be speed players.
Enjoying this rubber is about what your approach to the game is not about your rating. If you are an 1800 player who likes to rally consistently with spin and spin variation, you will like this rubber as much as anything else. I don't know any rubber as all round with the same amount of spin, especially when you look at how safe it is on flat hits and blocks.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I have tried using mx-s, and 100% agree with both of you guys, to effectively use this rubber you need to be strong and be atleast 2200 ish

I don't agree.   It's all about an approach to winning points. If you play with tactical spin then the rubber makes sense. If your game is about power then the rubber does not make as much sense. People who complain about MXzzS tend to be speed players.
Enjoying this rubber is about what your approach to the game is not about your rating. If you are an 1800 player who likes to rally consistently with spin and spin variation, you will like this rubber as much as anything else. I don't know any rubber as all round with the same amount of spin, especially when you look at how safe it is on flat hits and blocks.

I largely agree with this.  I have been using MX-S on one or both sides of my paddle fairly continuously since it came out and it has been exceedingly consistent and stable for my power looping game.  It is as slow as I need it to be over the table and as fast as I need it to be off the table when I go for big loops.  Since it does not top out easily, I can go as hard as I want and it remains stable.  Equally importantly, its throw angle doe snot change much on bigger shots.  Many sheets I have tried recently, become higher throw when you go for a hard loop.  MX-S really doesn't.

ILya 
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 5:56pm
Mxs is much more spinnier and doesn't top out like others have said. It is good for smashing as I do half and half of that along with loops loaded with spin. Mxs can play slow but fast if you swing into the ball. It's really not that hard to use. I just detest tenergy for inconsistent rebound although minimal now it wasn't before. But regardless it's a great rubber so is fxp
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 5:02am
anyone out there that can compare the MX-S to the Aurus? 
I'm looking for a rubber of similar hardness but with a slightly higher throw for getting more consistence in my BH topspin vs. underspin. 
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 11:05am
mx-s is low throw, aurus is very high throw. completely different in that.

what you need is simply mx-p. :)
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

mx-s is low throw

I don't doubt that this is your experience of MX-S.  But since you are offering this as advice: 

There are extensive discussions of MX-S' throw in this thread.  You aren't the only one who considers it low throw.  But this is far from unanimous.  Although I'm not in a position to adjudicate, your 4 words assessment is almost certainly not the end of the story.

carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2018 at 1:31am
I'm playing with mxs and t05 and i can say that mxs has higher throw than t05 as well than aurus and aurus prime.

The Aurus rubbers has very low throw angle.

I consider the mxs the best fh esn rubber but like all esn rubbers after 2 months you need to replace.
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2018 at 3:04am
If ppl judge throw using a drive kinda loop where they hit through the sponge, then yeah, you can consider mx-s low throw. But if you have a topsheet dominant loop, that is, even when using the sponge you expand it tangentially instead of compressing it inwards, then mx-s feels higher throw. Don't know how to explain this better, but in sure someone must've written down a better explanation somewhere.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2018 at 2:40pm
If anyone wants to try it out I have a like new sheet for 20 shipped red max
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2018 at 3:58am

I like MX-S a lot more than I thought I would having got more used to it, been playing it on my DD Terminator, the speed of the blade is good for the rubber but the hardness of the Koto/ZLC outer layers is perhaps too much in combination with the hard sponge of MX-S. I am going to try it on my Spin Offensive 3 today as maybe the softer spruce on the SO3 plus its bouncy nature from the thick Kiri core will harmonise better with MX-S. 

One thing is for sure, even having used MX-P and T05 for years, the spin on MX-S when you catch it right on a medium speed brush loop is the highest from any rubber I have ever used, other than maybe Hurricane 3 when new. I have also not seen so many of my pushes dumped in the net as you can add spin to the push with your wrist without fear of engaging the sponge and sending it long. For all out attackers wanting to loop every ball MX-P and T05 are surely better, but if you play a more strategic game and want something reliable to get over the line when you are 10-10 in the fifth, MX-S is the one. 

Experience playing with MX-S Black Max on Double Day Terminator ZLC side:

I have found with MX-S that I can win with consistency rather than power. At first, I tried to play with it like I would all the other German tensors and power loop anything off the table, result was 50% on the table without sufficient speed (I don't use straight arm and not enough use of body), 50% straight into the net. This is the experience I read from most posters testing MX-S and like them I thought this isn't for me. 

This week I used it in my league matches, after losing a game against an average opponent my team mate (who is 19 and a very high level player having been coached at National level as a Junior) said to me to stop trying to overpower my opponent with loops and smashes and simply get the ball on table, but vary the spin and placement to keep him moving and having to play different shots to counter the spin. So I stopped trying to power loop and concentrated on well placed blocks low over net, heavy pushes to his backhand, chops with OX LP from distance, rolls with OX LP close to the table, then the odd slower spinny brush loop when I got the perfect ball to execute it (unreturnable spin with MX-S IMHO).

This strategy actually used far less effort on my part than trying to smack him off the table, as I usually would with MX-P, and I think without realising it I probably lost as many points as I gained trying to do that with MX-P because of hitting the odd one long off the table, blocking long off their heavy spin loops, putting too much wrist into a push and sending it long etc. I thought I loved the feeling of smacking a loop or a smash past someone so much that I wouldn't give it up just because a rubber won't support those shots at sufficient speed or consistency to have a high success rate (MX-S will but not without proper use of your body or a strong arm - neither of which I manage to achieve in a fast rally), however winning games can actually be just as addictive. 

Another shot I can play with MX-S that I couldn't with the standard bouncy tensors is a sidespin loop on a mid table ball into the corners just behind the net on the opponent's side. I have found this is a better approach to balls I used to come in and try and smash or flick, you can keep it short on their side and so wide they either can't get to it or if they fish it back you can hit it to the other side of the table for a winner while they are out of position. 

I found that the more I brought the ball back on table time after time, the more frustrated the opponent got and in the end they would overstretch on a shot trying to hit it harder/spinnier to get it past me and hit it long or in the net. The other thing to consider is that at the level I am playing at if I play a fast game on the FH with hard looping, it plays into the opponent's hands as that is how everyone else in the league plays. They are used to dealing with spin and speed and can simply counter into corners when I am out of position and trying to recover from hitting a hard loop. This slower more considered strategy allows me to be in the ready position at all times so with my slower footwork I can still get to the ball no matter where they put it. 

Clearly I have a particular style, with OX LP backhand I can play disturbing off serves and pushes and modern defence from distance, so the characteristics of MX-S may not suit everyone. But if you are willing to dial down the shot power and play more strategically with variation in shot selection, spin and placement, I can't think of a better rubber to support that game. I absolutely agree with NextLevel (who has used it more than most so the most weight must go to his opinions on MX-S) that if you stick at it and practice long enough with MX-S, you can play with it like a spin enhanced version of Karis. Just get everything back on the table and when the opportunity presents itself and you are in perfect position to execute a spinny loop or drive with full use of your body, hit a winner. As I said earlier above, if you catch that sucker right, the spin is insane. 

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2018 at 6:54pm
Great post. Whether you stick with the rubber long term or not you clearly get what the rubber is built to do. If you are trying to power loop the ball past people using European strokes there are far better rubbers. But if you want to serve heavy, push heavy, flat hit or block safely and sometimes play with heavy SPIN, I can't think of an Euro rubber that supports that variation other than Omega V Asia.
Cybershape Carbon
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 2:09pm
I'm amazed by the feel of MX-S in 1.9mm. (Thanks for the pointer, Nextlevel.  I'm used to max sponge on other rubbers.)  I get clear feedback on even the thinnest, most gentle contact.
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2018 at 11:08pm
What's the difference in feel of the MX-S in 2.1 and in 1.9mm??
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 4:13pm
My opinion of MX-S was it's super easy to counter and block/punch but super hard to open up with a modern looping game, good rubber with a lot of spin but low throw and not a lot of all out attackers would find it versatile enough on the fh
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2018 at 4:34am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

My opinion of MX-S was it's super easy to counter and block/punch but super hard to open up with a modern looping game, good rubber with a lot of spin but low throw and not a lot of all out attackers would find it versatile enough on the fh

Now that depends on which blade you pair it with, found it tough to open up when paired with stiff, low throw blade which requires you to brush the ball up. Most mid-flexy blades like bty alc blades or flexy 5 plies like tibhar stratus pw, bty korbel etc go really well with mx-s, basically you need to go through the ball while playing a topspin stroke with this rubber and hence pairing it with a flex blade kinda makes you swing forward. Many top players that have clean strokes love the mx-s since it is really linear and rewards good timing.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2018 at 8:01am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

If you say so.  The strength of the rubber is opening up, the throw is about how you approach the ball and it seems you think you are supposed to loop a certain way to get a certain throw.  I don't know anything that can create as much versatility in the arcs, you pretty much determine the trajectory you want.  Of Course If You Want To Hit The Ball The Way You Hit Tenergy TheN You May Not Like It.

It's not a rocket launcher but neither is Hurricane 3, it always comes back to what you are trying to do and how you win points. 
Cybershape Carbon
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 7:55am
Originally posted by danjacob02 danjacob02 wrote:

It  would be really great if someone could answer this question :)

Does the 2.1 feels noticably softer than the 1.9? And does the 2.1 really has more power and spin?

Edited by AndiHL - 02/27/2018 at 9:54am
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by AndiHL AndiHL wrote:

Amen, I currently use MX-S on my Tibhar Cedric Nuytinck blade in 2.1. And I play a semi-modern defender style so I'm curious of their differences. I wonder if a thinner sponge would allow me to attack and chop easier.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 9:55am
Can someone compare MX-S to Quantum ?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
FinalFight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalFight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 11:26am
How does this rubber hold up in humid conditions compared with T 05? This is an area where it rains several times per week and so it can be very unpredictable playing. Last weekend was such a day where the humidity was so high that I went through all three of my shirts within a couple of hours and had to play later matches in a completely drenched shirt and with sweat running down my arms. Ended up losing the tournament to a guy nearly 300 points lower whose style I know well and have won about 90% of our previous matches. Also nearly lost to a flat hittting smasher about 800 pts lower that day who upset another guy roughly 700-800 pts higher. Loops are about impossible under those conditions and just die into the bottom of the net or just short of it while blocks often hit the paddle and fell off about an inch away. I might've played that day better with a slick premade.

Edited by FinalFight - 02/27/2018 at 12:05pm
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by AndiHL AndiHL wrote:

Does the 2.1 feels noticably softer than the 1.9? And does the 2.1 really has more power and spin?

I haven’t used both for MX-S, just the 1.9, so take my comments with a grain of salt. But generally, thinner sponge lets you feel the wood/blade a bit more. It shouldn’t feel softer. As for spin, afaik it mostly depends on how hard you and your opp counter loop. Thing about Mx-S is that it’s hard enough for 1.9 to be more than enough sponge for most players. (See Nextlevel’s videos and comments.)

Also, at least in theory, the advantage of max sponge on loop at a given hardness should be greater on rubbers that favor a thicker contact on loops than for rubbers that favor brushing (like MX-S). From what I understand, the less we engage the sponge on loops, the lower the returns from an extra .2mm of sponge.

That said, from the very linear behavior on 1.9 I would be surprised if there were big downsides to max sponge. That is, except for weight, and most likely a bit less blade feel.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 12:43pm
I think people should take a look at the Dynamic Friction upgrade versions of OVA and OVT.  I am still testing OVA and will report back in a month but the DF version was an upgrade on the original that I didn't know about but which I think makes it significantly grippier which was exactly what one reviewer was requesting...

http://blog.tabletennis11.com/xiom-omega-v-pro-euro-asia-tour-reviews
Cybershape Carbon
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 7:11am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

I like MX-S a lot more than I thought I would having got more used to it, been playing it on my DD Terminator, the speed of the blade is good for the rubber but the hardness of the Koto/ZLC outer layers is perhaps too much in combination with the hard sponge of MX-S. I am going to try it on my Spin Offensive 3 today as maybe the softer spruce on the SO3 plus its bouncy nature from the thick Kiri core will harmonise better with MX-S. 

One thing is for sure, even having used MX-P and T05 for years, the spin on MX-S when you catch it right on a medium speed brush loop is the highest from any rubber I have ever used, other than maybe Hurricane 3 when new. I have also not seen so many of my pushes dumped in the net as you can add spin to the push with your wrist without fear of engaging the sponge and sending it long. For all out attackers wanting to loop every ball MX-P and T05 are surely better, but if you play a more strategic game and want something reliable to get over the line when you are 10-10 in the fifth, MX-S is the one. 

Experience playing with MX-S Black Max on Double Day Terminator ZLC side:

I have found with MX-S that I can win with consistency rather than power. At first, I tried to play with it like I would all the other German tensors and power loop anything off the table, result was 50% on the table without sufficient speed (I don't use straight arm and not enough use of body), 50% straight into the net. This is the experience I read from most posters testing MX-S and like them I thought this isn't for me. 

This week I used it in my league matches, after losing a game against an average opponent my team mate (who is 19 and a very high level player having been coached at National level as a Junior) said to me to stop trying to overpower my opponent with loops and smashes and simply get the ball on table, but vary the spin and placement to keep him moving and having to play different shots to counter the spin. So I stopped trying to power loop and concentrated on well placed blocks low over net, heavy pushes to his backhand, chops with OX LP from distance, rolls with OX LP close to the table, then the odd slower spinny brush loop when I got the perfect ball to execute it (unreturnable spin with MX-S IMHO).

This strategy actually used far less effort on my part than trying to smack him off the table, as I usually would with MX-P, and I think without realising it I probably lost as many points as I gained trying to do that with MX-P because of hitting the odd one long off the table, blocking long off their heavy spin loops, putting too much wrist into a push and sending it long etc. I thought I loved the feeling of smacking a loop or a smash past someone so much that I wouldn't give it up just because a rubber won't support those shots at sufficient speed or consistency to have a high success rate (MX-S will but not without proper use of your body or a strong arm - neither of which I manage to achieve in a fast rally), however winning games can actually be just as addictive. 

Another shot I can play with MX-S that I couldn't with the standard bouncy tensors is a sidespin loop on a mid table ball into the corners just behind the net on the opponent's side. I have found this is a better approach to balls I used to come in and try and smash or flick, you can keep it short on their side and so wide they either can't get to it or if they fish it back you can hit it to the other side of the table for a winner while they are out of position. 

I found that the more I brought the ball back on table time after time, the more frustrated the opponent got and in the end they would overstretch on a shot trying to hit it harder/spinnier to get it past me and hit it long or in the net. The other thing to consider is that at the level I am playing at if I play a fast game on the FH with hard looping, it plays into the opponent's hands as that is how everyone else in the league plays. They are used to dealing with spin and speed and can simply counter into corners when I am out of position and trying to recover from hitting a hard loop. This slower more considered strategy allows me to be in the ready position at all times so with my slower footwork I can still get to the ball no matter where they put it. 

Clearly I have a particular style, with OX LP backhand I can play disturbing off serves and pushes and modern defence from distance, so the characteristics of MX-S may not suit everyone. But if you are willing to dial down the shot power and play more strategically with variation in shot selection, spin and placement, I can't think of a better rubber to support that game. I absolutely agree with NextLevel (who has used it more than most so the most weight must go to his opinions on MX-S) that if you stick at it and practice long enough with MX-S, you can play with it like a spin enhanced version of Karis. Just get everything back on the table and when the opportunity presents itself and you are in perfect position to execute a spinny loop or drive with full use of your body, hit a winner. As I said earlier above, if you catch that sucker right, the spin is insane.

My game is somewhat, like what you've described above... I play close to the table, and don't play very many power-shots, relying mostly on angles, placements, high spin. 

Recently, due to several issues, with my elbow, shoulders, knees, and general stiffness, I've decided to switch to a LP on my BH, and have got myself a Defplay Senso V3 blade. My arms move a lot faster, than my legs. I've got myself Pogo LP, which I hear is decent for a LP beginner. 

For the FH, I've got the Xiom Vega Europe (max), but I find it bouncy. My forehand top-spins/loops are rather Spinny, with Medium pace.. 

Do you think the MX-S (1.9mm) would suite my play, or shall I retain the XVE (max), or drop the XVE from MAX to 1.8-2.0mm ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 3:10am
MX-S in 1.9mm will suit this style of play, I personally really dislike softer bouncy rubbers and don't find them forgiving at all, but then I don't tend to loop through the sponge that much so I don't get the best out of them. 
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 4:10am
Can someone compare MX-S to Acuda Blue P1 ?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 4:38am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

MX-S in 1.9mm will suit this style of play, I personally really dislike softer bouncy rubbers and don't find them forgiving at all, but then I don't tend to loop through the sponge that much so I don't get the best out of them. 

I hope it's nothing like the DHS Hurriance Neo 3...  I've played with it on my FH, and I'm not sure if it suits me... It requires text-book technique, and too much effort, to effectively put it to use. The contact on my top-spins/loops is a lot fuller, and lacking in brush. 

Also, I almost always passive-block (simply having the racquet in the right place, the right time), at times, by simply stretching-out my arms. 

Edited by Veet - 03/16/2018 at 5:22am
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Can someone compare MX-S to Acuda Blue P1 ?

Also the Xiom Vega Pro, Asia  AND the Omega Pro, Asia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 4:25pm
MX-S is not dead in the way chinese rubbers are, it is still a tensor rubber and has a kick to it. It just takes much more impact force to get the same kick out of it as say MX-P, but if you smack it on a flat hit then it reaches a similar top end speed. The main differences with MX-P are in the short game where MX-S allows you to use much more wrist on pushes without sending the ball long (so you get much heavier spin), and when looping you need to force the ball more with good use of the legs/body (or if you are built like NextLevel just your arms might be enough with good arm speed) to get the speed, the spin is there regardless as it grips the plastic ball like crazy. MX-P on the other hand allows you to just brush using the topsheet even with a flailing arm when you are late to the ball and you get speed and a fair amount of spin. The key to using MX-S successfully is to make sure you are planted when you play the shot, then you get a result that in my view is squarely in the middle of what you get with MX-P and H3N in terms of spin and speed. It's the most linear rubber I have used with this much spin and speed and it has almost unlimited gears. If MX-P is too fast for you and H3N too slow and too demanding, but you like rubbers in that hardness range and you favour spin, placement and tactical play over raw power and forgiveness when late to the ball (MX-P and T05 are incredible at producing quality shots when late to the ball due to the kick from the sponge and consistent grip and throw from the topsheet) then MX-S is worth a try. This is all really nothing that hasn't been said before in this thread. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic