Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution MX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Alwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2016 at 6:03am
Thanks for the reply guys :)

I ended up getting to try Omega V Asia (albeit a slightly old one at my club) and you're right, it does remind me of a chinese rubber and isn't too bouncy. Next time I put in an order at OOAK I'll definitely consider getting a sheet!
T05H | HL5 | TG3-60
Sponsored Links

netEdge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netEdge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2016 at 2:14pm
Agree on this. Just doing a simple bounce test, Omega V Asia has a much lower bounce than Vega Pro/MX-S/MX-P. For me, it feels the most 'speed-glued' among these four.
Omega V Asia - Nittaku Latika - Omega V Asia
Alwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 4:27am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Your question about loop variation and how you mention topsheet v sponge really makes me think that Omega V Asia is a good option for you.  I have a brushy stroke from spending a long time with tacky chinese rubbers as a youth and I know what you're getting at here.  Omega V Asia is the best of the non-tacky ESN rubbers that I've ever tried for this type of game

Thanks for all the help guys! I know this is off-topic, but I thought I'd just follow up and say that I did end up buying Omega V Asia. Even though it was very "chinese-like" and I could play great with it 90% of the time, I've decided to go back to TG3 Neo this week or next.
Note that I did give it a proper try, maybe over a month of training, pennant and comp. I'll post my experiences in a relevant topic Smile

If the EJ bug bites again, I might try the MX-S or bring OVA back out for a hit. For now tho I think I'll stick to chinese stuff.
T05H | HL5 | TG3-60
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 1:41pm

... MX-S starts off as a general ESN rubber, but the harder (grippy) topsheet and unboosted sponge makes everything feel very linear, solid and low-bounce
Honestly - I don't think MX-S is going to be my thing.  Better players than I with more textbook technique will no doubt love it ... With MX-S I feel like I can drive or counter anything, lift any backspin, but I have to be right in position to do it.  When I'm on the stretch, a brushy shot results in good spin but no arc or lift. 

Agreed, this is pretty much what I think about this rubber.

Edited by Nasche - 05/22/2016 at 9:54pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Nasche Nasche wrote:

... MX-S starts off as a general ESN rubber, but the harder (grippy) topsheet and unboosted sponge makes everything feel very linear, solid and low-bounce
Honestly - I don't think MX-S is going to be my thing.  Better players than I with more textbook technique will no doubt love it ... With MX-S I feel like I can drive or counter anything, lift any backspin, but I have to be right in position to do it.  When I'm on the stretch, a brushy shot results in good spin but no arc or lift. 

Agreed, that is pretty much what I think about this rubber.

This is true, but there is a spiral technique for getting more arc with the rubber.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2016 at 4:40am
i have been played the mxs for one year since last week and i can say the rubber is the best euro rubber in terms of spin and grip but is quite difficult to use, chinese like,.

This is the reason i decide to go back to mxp.

The difference in terms  of spin and grip is huge but the mxp is much easier to play and doesn't  need so much effort to get power on your topspin

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2016 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

i have been played the mxs for one year since last week and i can say the rubber is the best euro rubber in terms of spin and grip but is quite difficult to use, chinese like,.

This is the reason i decide to go back to mxp.

The difference in terms  of spin and grip is huge but the mxp is much easier to play and doesn't  need so much effort to get power on your topspin

One year is a lot of time, are you using EL-P on BH or FH?

Can you compare EL-P to MX-P and MX-S on Viscaria?

I bought MX-S to be my BH rubber on this blade, but I gave up on this after one session and then I flipped the blade and I'm using MX-P on my BH where I like it and MX-S is now on my FH where I can play with it pretty well, but I like MX-P better here too. I was about to order another sheet of MX-P, but I got curious about EL-P on BH because a softer MX-P would be even better.

Edited by Nasche - 05/24/2016 at 2:20pm
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 1:19pm
EL-P is softer than MX-P, and the throw is lower. The spin is about the same. IMO, it will be a good BH rubber. But it is still pretty fast in general. But I do like a lower throw rubber for BH to make the block easier.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 9:25pm
I find the throw to be higher on the EL-P compared the MX-P. I have more of a brush stroke through, so that does make s difference.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

I find the throw to be higher on the EL-P compared the MX-P. I have more of a brush stroke through, so that does make s difference.
el-p feels like it's throw is higher ( though it's not exactly a lot higher, but rather the arc is more tight) on brush strokes and around the same as mx-p on drive strokes (can't remember whether it was lower or higher here). I find mx-p easier to use on the bh, need a big swing to get some decent speed with the el-p.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

el-p feels like it's throw is higher ( though it's not exactly a lot higher, but rather the arc is more tight) on brush strokes and around the same as mx-p on drive strokes (can't remember whether it was lower or higher here). I find mx-p easier to use on the bh, need a big swing to get some decent speed with the el-p.

Do you boost your MX-S to get a bit more speed from it? I found this rubber a lot slower than MX-P
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2016 at 5:08am
I switched my FH from mx-s to mx-p a few days back :P. Even though I did love using the mx-s for practice since it makes me fully commit to my strokes and movement and also makes me spin more than hit, it's too damn tough to use in a real match unless yu boost ( which I havnt tried yet, so dunno how it works boosted). It should be a beast of a rubber if that sponge is softened down a bit bit during boosting, well Atleast I hope. Now I'm using mx-p both sides and I guess I'll pretty much stick with mx-p both sides for a loong time.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2016 at 12:17pm
I've tried boosting MX-S with two thin layers of FTLB. The sponge got a little bit softer and a tiny bouncier, but that is it, the rubber still plays the same way and I definitely like MX-P a lot better.

I find MX-S playable, it works just fine on my FH and I can passive play very well on my backhand with this rubber, I just think MX-P is better for everything I do.

Edited by Nasche - 05/28/2016 at 6:16pm
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Nasche Nasche wrote:

I've tried boosting MX-S with two thin layers of FLTB. The sponge got a little bit softer and a tinny bouncier, but that is it, the rubber still plays the same way and I definitely like MX-P a lot better.

I find MX-S playable, it works just fine on my FH and I can passive play very well on my backhand with this rubber, I just think MX-P is better for everything I do.

+1
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2016 at 1:05am
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

I just had the same impressions after one session.

Edited by Nasche - 06/10/2016 at 12:07am
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Tibhar Evolution MX-P BH/FH
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2016 at 1:49pm
Yeah! I found many of your impressions similar to mine. :).
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2016 at 8:04pm
for many members who tried mx-s can anyone comment on mx-s durability and compare it to mx-p's durability and  chinese tacky rubbers durability ?

i've been using it for a month and half and it seems good to me with sufficient grip and performance and interested to know other members feedback about its durability .
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

This is true, but there is a spiral technique for getting more arc with the rubber.

Hey NL,

Where can I learn more about this technique?  I'm curious about it.. 

Thanks! :)
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 8:10pm
Durability is very good exce3pt where it starts to sort of break apart at the edges which happens to all these evolution rubbers and never happened to me with any tacky rubber.
Regarding comparison with other rubbers, I dunno. Depends a lot on the specific rubber.

That said, it's the heaviest rubber in the history of TT and other rubbers do what it does while being much lighter, so skip it
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

That said, it's the heaviest rubber in the history of TT and other rubbers do what it does while being much lighter, so skip it

Bah!

The Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo is 60g cut to standard blade (earlier I erroneously stated 57 deg in another review). However, its weight did not bother me so much (I play OK with heavy rubbers with medium / high throw. It is the low-throw heavy rubbers that are difficult for me.)

I've heard that the H8 is heavy as well.

Having said that, the newer gen of rubbers like Rasanter R50 (with the lighter topsheet) are much lighter. However, they won't have the spin of MX-S though.

Other rubbers don't have this level of spin (T05 has greater spin on slow strokes but less on heavy strokes. H3 / H8 have more spin but they are worse for smashing / blocking and for me (surprisingly) serving).
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 10:08pm
Weight is one of the things I like about MX-S. Lighter rubbers screw up blade balance for me.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 3:42am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

The newer gen of rubbers like Rasanter R50 (with the lighter topsheet) are much lighter. However, they won't have the spin of MX-S though.

Other rubbers don't have this level of spin (T05 has greater spin on slow strokes but less on heavy strokes. H3 / H8 have more spin but they are worse for smashing / blocking and for me (surprisingly) serving).

Everything you wrote there is probably because of sponge hardness. MS-X is harder than most euro rubbers, so also heavier generally. Rasanter R50 specifically is a hard rubber which is also heavy. Very similar in characteristics and play to ms-x.

And yeah, softer rubbers won't have the spin of the MS-X, but then, MS-X depends on you playing every shot perfect, and this is harder too because the added weight makes aligning the blade and accelerating it a bit slower and more ungainly.
I think most people will get much better spin with a less spinny rubber that weighs 10 grams less, which is why I think it's a pointless rubber, or at least extremely specific.
It's really incredible in practice, because you prepare your shots. In an actual game it's not as good unless you're powerfully built.

Edited by Lightzy - 12/07/2017 at 3:55am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

The newer gen of rubbers like Rasanter R50 (with the lighter topsheet) are much lighter. However, they won't have the spin of MX-S though.

Everything you wrote there is probably because of sponge hardness. MS-X is harder than most euro rubbers, so also heavier generally. Rasanter R50 specifically is a hard rubber which is also heavy. Very similar in characteristics and play to ms-x.

And yeah, softer rubbers won't have the spin of the MS-X, but then, MS-X depends on you playing every shot perfect, and this is harder too because the added weight makes aligning the blade and accelerating it a bit slower and more ungainly.
I think most people will get much better spin with a less spinny rubber that weighs 10 grams less, which is why I think it's a pointless rubber, or at least extremely specific.
It's really incredible in practice, because you prepare your shots. In an actual game it's not as good unless you're powerfully built.

If people can play with Tenergy or Hurricane they can play with MX-S.   I use the 1.9 and do quite fine. There is no need for Max. Moreover, the blocking and counterhitting advantages of MX-S are real. It's not that hard to accelerate, it's just counterintuitive to use if you are used to just sticking your racket out there to play shots when out of position. And I think playing level is always relevant when evaluating these kinds of statements.

Edited by NextLevel - 12/07/2017 at 7:04am
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 7:07am
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

Hey NL,

Just brush with circles around the ball consistently.   That's the easiest way to describe it. Learn to make contact on the side and reduce the forward motion when necessary.
Cybershape Carbon
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 9:50am

Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

Hey NL,

Just brush with circles around the ball consistently.   That's the easiest way to describe it. Learn to make contact on the side and reduce the forward motion when necessary.

Is it much different from what people sometimes call "wrapping the ball"? I mean like this on the left:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 10:00am
Hahaha... more thoughtsontabletennis. Not that different, it's just that with MX-S you have to be pretty consistent about it when playing s topspin, you cannot settle for one basic motion, you have to be willing to direct the ball with your motion.   Can take time to get used to when getting late to the ball if you are just used to sticking out your paddle.

I realized I had played with Nexy Karis M which was similar in some ways so I just decide to risk the extra weight but more spin and speed of MX-S once more, I find I understand it better now.   Part of TT growth I guess.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 10:05am
Also if you practice a backspin serve with this technique you'll be very happy with it. Hit the ball at the bottom of the arc
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 10:32am

Hahaha... more thoughtsontabletennis. Not that different, it's just that with MX-S you have to be pretty consistent about it when playing s topspin, you cannot settle for one basic motion, you have to be willing to direct the ball with your motion.   Can take time to get used to when getting late to the ball if you are just used to sticking out your paddle.

I realized I had played with Nexy Karis M which was similar in some ways so I just decide to risk the extra weight but more spin and speed of MX-S once more, I find I understand it better now.   Part of TT growth I guess.

Makes sense! :)
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 12:12pm

If people can play with Tenergy or Hurricane they can play with MX-S.   I use the 1.9 and do quite fine. There is no need for Max. Moreover, the blocking and counterhitting advantages of MX-S are real. It's not that hard to accelerate, it's just counterintuitive to use if you are used to just sticking your racket out there to play shots when out of position. And I think playing level is always relevant when evaluating these kinds of statements.

That's all true.
Are you powerfully built, btw? Not a slight, short, two stone weakling?
If you got good sized and quick muscles you'd do well with that rubber on both wings, but I doubt that most people would. That's why I said it's pointless for "most people".

Edited by Lightzy - 12/07/2017 at 12:13pm
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 2:32pm
I have tried using mx-s, and 100% agree with both of you guys, to effectively use this rubber you need to be strong and be atleast 2200 ish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic