FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution MX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

so it sounds more like the requirement of playing a traditional chinese rubber? may be a bit easier to adopt?

Maybe it's a rubber designed for boosting then?

It's fast enough for mortal needs, especially on a faster blade than mine.  Unlike MX-P it doesn't have that factory TRF booster smell, so it could be a good candidate for tinkering.  Pros would probably boost it, I guess.

But it's faster than a H3Neo as-is, for example.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2015 at 6:22pm
Great review AndySmith Clap

The lack of catapult does make it sound a little more like a Chinese rubber, although on the right blade this might feel very different. Tenergy and the like seem to always feel better on composite blades, so this one may be the same.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2015 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

The lack of catapult does make it sound a little more like a Chinese rubber, although on the right blade this might feel very different. Tenergy and the like seem to always feel better on composite blades, so this one may be the same.

Yes, this is definitely a worry.  I will be putting it on the Hypertouch next week for sure.  Digging through my composites I also have a Waldner Senso Carbon, Calix 2 (and a few other Nexy blades), and an old battered Viscaria on hand, so if anyone wants me to try a specific blade then please pipe up!
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2015 at 10:36pm
You have Tuvalu?
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2015 at 1:21am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Yes, this is definitely a worry.  I will be putting it on the Hypertouch next week for sure.  Digging through my composites I also have a Waldner Senso Carbon, Calix 2 (and a few other Nexy blades), and an old battered Viscaria on hand, so if anyone wants me to try a specific blade then please pipe up!

Hey Andy,

I use the Hypertouch. Curious to see what your feedback is with MX-S.

I also have a new Waldner Senso Carbon which I haven't tested yet.  If you get the chance.....

I won't be getting my MX-S until another 2 mths
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2015 at 1:39pm
Rossi Emotion would be nice, or any of the Vegas.

Can you do a comparison with Big Dipper?  I'm considering a switch - I love tack, but it slows the ball down.

Edited by NextLevel - 04/10/2015 at 1:40pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2015 at 10:24pm
this rubber is bringing the EJ's out of hibernation 

Click the picture for feedback ^
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2015 at 10:44pm
I have taken the plunge. It costs $30 at Dandoy now if you get four.
Cybershape Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2015 at 11:47pm
But I couldn't find a red one in 2.1 mm there. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2015 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

But I couldn't find a red one in 2.1 mm there. 

Didn't notice that...
Cybershape Carbon
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2015 at 2:01am
The option of 2.1mm for red is there, only out of stock at the moment. Probably take them a week to restock. Better place your order now and join the queue. Unlike TT11 which you can't add anything to the cart if it is out of stock even if you can wait.

Edited by TurboZ - 04/11/2015 at 2:01am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2015 at 11:17am
The fact they don't have it in stock is good.  It repressed my nearly dormant EJ virus.  At some point I will try it though. 
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2015 at 11:25am
Hi Andy,

Can you please compare MX-S with MX-P.
...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2015 at 6:12pm
[QUOTE=AndySmith

Summary so far

Positives?  Solidity and control - it's very easy to use, predictable, low catapult and linear.  Good (but not wild) pace.  High spin potential.  Zero feeling of slippage with 40+.  Super easy to vary spin, depth and placement during loop-loop play.  Autopilot when lifting backspin.

Downsides?  The medium arc isn't forgiving of positional problems, so recovery strokes on the run aren't as easy as some rubbers.  And it isn't the fastest rubber around, which makes drives a little weaker (although that will be related to my blade choice to some degree - a faster blade will make this less obvious).  I'm nitpicking here though.
[/QUOTE

Since the 40+ ball spins at a slower rate then the 40C its likely to stay on the table a bit longer then the old ball and has the potential for more revolutions on the table with a  rubber that is slower, gripper and has a lower throw angle say vs a rubber that has a higher throw angles and faster then the slower gripper low throw rubber.  
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 10:32pm
more thoughts on MX-S? better for FH or BH?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 5:25am
Originally posted by rajd1234 rajd1234 wrote:

Hi Andy,

Can you please compare MX-S with MX-P.

MX-S has higher grip, less bouncy, a bit slower overall, lower throw.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 5:30am
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

more thoughts on MX-S? better for FH or BH?

I used it for a while at a tournament at the weekend.  I wasn't happy with how I played at all, but why that happened is a mixture of many things.

One thing I will say is that MX-S seems to be a rubber which requires a specific approach to play.  Having spend a season using Big Dipper, it seems that my FH stroke has gone back to being very brushy.  So I found that I was happy with MX-S while up at the table and taking the ball early, but when forced out of position or away I struggled to get the ball arc high enough to keep the rally going.  But this could easily be caused by blade choice (too slow) and the brushy stroke thing.  I really want to try it on a few different blades now, which I will hopefully start to do tonight.
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2015 at 7:43am
 Apparently: MX-S and Power Grip -  they are not distant relatives.
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 3:50pm
i play mxp since it came out

today i tested the mxs and compared with the mxp on the same blade both in black max and both on FH

RH elp red max

sponge is not so porose like mxp and elp and is much harder but the topsheet is much softer

it remember me a h3

it plays totally different in comparison with the mxp, it has lower trampoline effect, higher arc, lower speed, more spin but is not easy to play with

needs good footwork and needs good technique.

Edited by carmelomaf - 04/14/2015 at 3:57pm
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 5:53am
If it is similar to H3, why on earth would someone pay double the price?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 6:44am
Originally posted by BaiMile BaiMile wrote:

If it is similar to H3, why on earth would someone pay double the price?

Don't be misled - it's still a euro rubber.  It does have some of the hard Chinese characteristics - linear, low-bounce, super grip.  It requires good positioning and a committed stroke.

But it's a lot faster and (crucially) not tacky.  It's more like a super-solid and reliable ESN rubber than a H3 copy.  It just shares some basic properties.

My training night was cancelled this week, so I don't have anything new to report.  carmelomaf's post above sounds right to me.  You need good, clean technique to get the most out of MX-S - I struggled with it when under pressure, despite it feeling awesome when training

Something similar I've been using recently is Omega V Asia which I find less demanding to use when out of position (although it isn't as linear and suffers a bit in the short game and when blocking in comparison).
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 7:34am
How does it compare to Big Dipper, Andy?
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 9:09am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

How does it compare to Big Dipper, Andy?

This is a comparison I really wanted to make after one more session.  I actually slapped BD on my spare Hypertouch to allow a direct comparison, but the session was cancelled.

In general terms, both rubbers feel like hybrids in their own way, but end up being really different.  BD is the classic Chinese tacky experience, but with a more euro flavour coming from the sponge and thin, elastic topsheet.  MX-S starts off as a general ESN rubber, but the harder (grippy) topsheet and unboosted sponge makes everything feel very linear, solid and low-bounce.  So BD feels "a bit" euro and MX-S feels "a bit" chinese, but end up being different rather than meeting in the middle somewhere.

Honestly - I don't think MX-S is going to be my thing.  Better players than I with more textbook technique will no doubt love it.  With BD I get a feeling that I can stay in a rally, even if I'm on the edge of what I can do in terms of movement and stroke.  I can drive low or brush to send the ball high.  With MX-S I feel like I can drive or counter anything, lift any backspin, but I have to be right in position to do it.  When I'm on the stretch, a brushy shot results in good spin but no arc or lift.  EL-S or FX-S might work more for me, if they ever appear.

I also get a vague feeling that a tacky topsheet on an MX-S sponge would be something wonderful to behold, and then we would be in the right area for a comparison with BD.  But then BD would hammer it on price, so...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 8:15am
The things I've said about MX-S are really very (independently) close to RoyPip's review of Rakza X in this thread:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 8:29am
Andy,

Someone said the same thing about Rasant PowerGrip as well.  It seems that ESN has one generation of rubbers like this.
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 8:37am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Andy,

Someone said the same thing about Rasant PowerGrip as well.  It seems that ESN has one generation of rubbers like this.

Definitely possible.  This tempts me to try Rakza X Soft, but I bet the new Acuda P1/2/3 range is similar too (Donic mentions the lower arc in their marketing blurb), so I might wait for Tibi to get stock in May and try P2 and P3.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 8:57pm
I'm curious to hear a direct comparison of Evolution MX-S and Rasant Grip. 
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I'm curious to hear a direct comparison of Evolution MX-S and Rasant Grip. 

+1

Powergrip too, pls.
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 10:05am
Just got my MX-S with Force Pro Black today. It is exactly like what Andy Smith have said, and only amplified by the hard 7 ply Force Pro Black. Yet it is very precises and direct with no uncertainty whatsoever thanks to the high grip. That is exactly what the Tibhar number 1 man Samsonov is famous for.

MX-S is not bouncy in the world of tensor. But I bet it will get better after some use. In fact it is not the least bouncy modern rubber for the new ball. The Nittaku Alhelg is more dead when new. It is true that the modern tensor or similars are getting certain degree of restraint in catapult to favour short game. But when you put in your own power they will all go like rocket. So more gear is always better than fast alone.  

RX is similar in hardness but bounce a tad higher than MX-S. And it feels softer and livelier in play. Both Andro Powergrip and Grip packs more punch. Certainly above all the rubbers mentioned above.  
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 4:49am
I squeezed in another session with MX-S.

Put it on the Hypertouch.  Massive difference.  My Pure Wood is obviously a slower blade, but this was still a bit of a shock.  I've moved lots of rubbers between these two blades and I've never had a difference this noticeable before.  MX-S was a LOT faster, while still remaining medium-low throw and very linear.

Then switched it to a Waldner Senso Carbon, where it was a touch slower than the Hypertouch, and thankfully a bit higher throw.  It remains a laser-sharp tool though, and I think you have to accept that this rubber suits a particular lowish-arc style of play.

If anyone ever doubts the effect a blade can have on playing characteristics, this is the rubber to show them how wrong that is.  I wouldn't say it's blade-sensitive as such, but it definitely pushes the blade properties right to the front.  I don't have a 7-ply all wood unfortunately.  I bet it would be a crushing weapon on a clipper.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic