FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution MX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 12:19am
Could someone make a direct comparison with Adidas P7 please? Preferably someone who has used both - NextLevel, I think you have used both right?

I am interested in:
Spin (i think similar?!)
Speed on 70%+ power shots
Speed on lower impact / bounciness
control (especially for 3rd ball openers + continued attacking)
other aspects which may be important

A friend of mine (strong Pro player in German league 2) shifted from T05 to MX-P and hasn't looked back... he has not tried MX-S but told me it is probably a very viable upgrade to the P7.....

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 11:16am
P7 is bouncy - MX-S is not. They aren't substitutes - you use MX-S if you want to play a different way.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
flatstyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatstyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 8:33am

Beer...I have two sheets upopened black, 1.9/2.0
[SIZE]V-14 Pro C-pen

FH MX-P

BH Vega Europe/ Fastarc S1
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 9:04pm
I finally stayed in one place long enough to make it out for a practice with a sheet of MX-S on my FH.

It will take a little getting used to, but I like it.  Table game is excellent.  Serve is spinny and the ball stays low.

Blocking and countering is not my strength, but MX-S felt steady and secure.

Looping was a lot of fun: the rubber absolutely refuses to top out.  The harder I loop the more it spins and the faster it goes.  It rewards confident play and long strokes which fits my FH well. 

I am not inclined to change my BH since I am very used to T80, but I flipped the racket for a few minutes just to try MX-S on the BH and it worked reasonably well.  Blocking is very steady with it, which is nice and it is very easy to vary the spin on over the table loops which is important for me.

I'll stick with it on my FH for now.
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2015 at 1:36am
Anyone can comment on durability?
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2015 at 11:28am
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

Anyone can comment on durability?

I've used my sheets too much with a robot so I can't comment.   I would say it is similar to most ESN rubbers and loses topsheet grip after 2-3 months of regular usage.  The mechanical grip is still good, but at that point, you probably need to change it because the playing properties on light brush give you more slippage.
Cybershape Carbon
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 1:35pm
Second practice with MX-S is even more comfortable.  It it loops really well and really excels with those icky half-long balls that have been difficult for me with nearly any rubber I have tried recently.  With MX-S, I can just snap the wrist as the forearm goes forward and the ball clears the net with ease and has a lot of kick.
Weirdly enough table game is very good too.  I do not have a powerful FH flick, but I use it for placement a lot and MX-S is very easy to use over the table with great directional control.  Pushing is taking me a little longer to get used to, but it seems to be coming around.  Spin is good, but I am not controlling depth as well as I would like at the moment.
Blocking is quite good.  MX-S is not very fast in passive play, so I can take a lot of pace off the ball with a passive block.  If I want to block more aggressively, I have to cover the ball a little, which is a more natural way of doing it for me.

Overall, I like it a lot.  The trajectory reminds me of some of the Chinese rubbers I used to lay with.  My favourite for a long time was Hurricane 2 which produced this weird ball trajectory where it would go straight and low over the net, but then would suddenly curve down and land on the table with good safety margin.  However, it would never bounce up too much like it does with most high throw rubbers.  That made it difficult to block or counterloop against: the opponent would always hav eot be play ing up on a ball that is going straight.  Tibhar Rapid X-Press is glue days produced a similar ball as well.  MX-S is not quite as low of a throw, but the ball trajectory is fairly similar.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Second practice with MX-S is even more comfortable.  It it loops really well and really excels with those icky half-long balls that have been difficult for me with nearly any rubber I have tried recently.  With MX-S, I can just snap the wrist as the forearm goes forward and the ball clears the net with ease and has a lot of kick.
Weirdly enough table game is very good too.  I do not have a powerful FH flick, but I use it for placement a lot and MX-S is very easy to use over the table with great directional control.  Pushing is taking me a little longer to get used to, but it seems to be coming around.  Spin is good, but I am not controlling depth as well as I would like at the moment.
Blocking is quite good.  MX-S is not very fast in passive play, so I can take a lot of pace off the ball with a passive block.  If I want to block more aggressively, I have to cover the ball a little, which is a more natural way of doing it for me.

Overall, I like it a lot.  The trajectory reminds me of some of the Chinese rubbers I used to lay with.  My favourite for a long time was Hurricane 2 which produced this weird ball trajectory where it would go straight and low over the net, but then would suddenly curve down and land on the table with good safety margin.  However, it would never bounce up too much like it does with most high throw rubbers.  That made it difficult to block or counterloop against: the opponent would always hav eot be play ing up on a ball that is going straight.  Tibhar Rapid X-Press is glue days produced a similar ball as well.  MX-S is not quite as low of a throw, but the ball trajectory is fairly similar.

ILya

ilya when's your next trip to OKC? 
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 11:30pm
Not any time soon, I am afraid. I changed jobs and this one dies not take me to OKC with any regularity.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 10:23am
I have bought a black sheet in 2.1 and it looks like it is going to be my forehand rubber for the season. I have played about six hours with it so far and I like it very much. The information piled up on it is pretty accurate and I would just like to give my opinion on it from my point of view.

First thing first, those looking for a T05 substitute should go for MX-P. MX-S is for those who want to get them a rubber that behaves more like a Chinese. It features a topsheet that does not feel as soft as many of the other rubbers I have encountered, for example XIOM O4 Pro, XIOM OMEGA V Tour and the whole Bluefire M line. From memory, it feels more like a Rasant Grip or Powergrip - I do not remember which I had the opportunity to hit with briefly half a year ago. A lot of people may like it - I personally have been waiting for a long time for such a rubber. And they have covered in important segment of the market in my view.

The main thing that sets it apart from T05 and many other tensors is that you have to work harder to dig the ball in the rubber on loops. The resulting ball will have a flatter but very disturbing trajectory for the opponent. This goes for small loops and bigger loops away from the table. One of my practice partners compared it to Baracuda as far as the unexpected dip goes .

The other beneficial feature of MX-S is that loops are not as easy to block back and any opponent that is used to ESN rubbers or even T05 exclusively will be in for some trouble and generally they have to work harder to tackle MX-S.

You do not need to put this rubber on a fast blade. I am using mine on a Donic Waldner Allplay and I can hit awesomely fast balls with it.

Some negative points: it was more difficult to receive serves with and I fed many easy balls for flipping over the table. Also soft blocks are more difficult to do.

My feeling is that if Tibhar could raise the lowish trajectory issues, they would make a rubber that would be amazing.

DISCLAIMER: If the word 'boosting' gives you bad feelings, please do not read on Evil Smile

As the pics available show, MX-S has a denser sponge and I risk to state that it is more durable than the others in the Evolution line which are like breadcrumbs stuck together.

To eliminate the disturbing minor deficiencies, I am boosting my sheet with two layers of Falco Long. What I hope to get out of it is that it will fix the low trajectory just a bit and hopefully it will be a little easier to dig into the sponge.

Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 12:06am
Hans do you have any updates about the boosted mx s on your FH, how did it go.
I'm waiting for tt11 via DHL to unload me the mx-s 2.0 blk., omega v Asia 2.0 blk.,Tibhar quantum 2.0 blk., and dhs h3-50 2.1 blk...I must try 48-50 degrees rubber on my FH hope to have less bounciness from them than 43-45 that am using now on the RE and I"ll try some onto the avenger 5 blades

Edited by Tuly007 - 09/18/2015 at 7:07pm
still testing

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 2:06am
I am trying it tonight. I boosted it with Falco Long but it was a mistake. Falco Long is a booster I do not recommend based on my experiences with different boosters as it makes any rubber inaccurate, too hard and insensitive. There are a lot of much better options out there. The thing is that thin boosters yield better results: they make the sponge soft, and what is most important, accurate. So I got such a booster as I had none left.

I have also received my Tibhar Quantum, I am also trying it tonight.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Tuly007 Tuly007 wrote:

Hans do you have any updates about the boosted mx s on your FH, how did it go.
I'm waiting for tt11 via DSL to unload me the mx-s 2.0 blk., omega v Asia 2.0 blk.,Tibhar quantum 2.0 blk., and dhs h3-50 2.1 blk...I must try 48-50 degrees rubber on my FH hope to have less bounciness from them than 43-45 that am using now on the RE and I"ll try some onto the avenger 5 blades

You can consider the cornilleau target pro GT x51. I also find that most 47.5° tensors are bouncy....far more than M1 turbo (50°) and x51 (51°). MX-S also is not bouncy at all. 

The Pro GT x51 has a similar sponge aspect with MX-S : smaller pores than MX-P. 
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 6:03pm
Boosting my MX-S has solved the problem of control. Without boosting it would send many balls into the white of the net or just over the table. All the booster did was make the sponge springier and the topsheet more balanced so the problem went away. The topsheet is still distinctly hard compared to most other rubbers.
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 6:41pm
Good to hear it,now do you think that using dandoy would soften the sponge and make it more powerful without making the whole rubber as bouncier as vega Japan or EL-p when fresh per example????

Edited by Tuly007 - 09/18/2015 at 6:56pm
still testing

Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 6:51pm
Tnx vivan4 ,is this target pro 51 closer to m1turbo and mx-p ???none of them I like....m1turbo is the worse for my play with lowest throw out of 25 rubbers that I tried good for FH hitters or BH punchers only with no lift at all....
TT11 shows the target pro coming soon so I"ll try it if none of these 4 that I should get next mon/tue will work....tnx

Btw I did like the Joola max 500 on FH of the btfy liu shiwen blade....cause somehow I like very grippy top and hard sponge....rhyzm 48 was medium grippy with good sponge....

Edited by Tuly007 - 09/18/2015 at 6:55pm
still testing

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Tuly007 Tuly007 wrote:

Good to hear it,now do you think that using dandoy would soften the sponge and make it more powerful without making the whole rubber as bouncier as vega Japan or EL-p when fresh per example????

Boosting makes rubbers easier to play but also at the same time a little more difficult because it will make the sponge a lot more bouncy. Therefore not everybody will like it and for many people it will be more difficult to play. However, with the proper footwork and good foundation in technique the pro's outweigh the cons by far. In my view that borderline is USATT around 2000-2100.

Any thin booster will do. I know some pros use Revolution Bio Booster, and many others do the Belgian TRF Bio Speed or the other. Typically 3 layers but that may prove to be too much for plain players.  The Dandoy could be one of these under a different name.

What I would advise against is the black canned TRF and Falco Long.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 2:53am
Hans,

Why not Falco Long?
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 9:53am
Because Falco Long makes the rubber dull and non-springy = slow. No pros that I know of use it. Go for the other TRF products, everybody uses those.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Because Falco Long makes the rubber dull and non-springy = slow. No pros that I know of use it. Go for the other TRF products, everybody uses those.

Hmm. Hadn't heard that. I'm planning on experimenting with Falco long on my spare setups.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Coach K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Hmm. Hadn't heard that. I'm planning on experimenting with Falco long on my spare setups.

I would not suggest you use booster on a fast blade and rubber combination as described in your signature if you are extremely fundamentally sound on both wings, and at least a 1600 player.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 2:47pm
So does this rubber have ANY catapult in it? Or does it feel dead like say Sriver, but with better spin?
Is it much different from the Andro Rasant Grip?
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

So does this rubber have ANY catapult in it? Or does it feel dead like say Sriver, but with better spin?
Is it much different from the Andro Rasant Grip?

this is a question nobody seems to want to commit to answer
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 5:01pm
Yes, it has catapult.

No, it is faster than Sriver. It just maxes out quickly. Much kore spin and harder.

It is much harder and different from Rasant Grip, which is more like a low throw T05. Someone (yogi) compared it to spin art.
Alwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 2:52am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Bump: 
If anyone is interested, I will give the point of view as someone who has pretty much exclusively used hurricane/skyline on FH for the past 6 years or so. My rating is currently around 1750.
As someone who's never purchased the modern tensors (bluefire, evo, rasant etc) My main concern is durability. A Hurricane can last a long time if I need it to. After gluing it onto my viscaria, i realized how heavy the dang stuff is. I will play with it Tuesday night for the first time. 

Hey Berray! I'd really appreciate it if you (or anyone else coming from traditional chinese rubbers) could post your experiences with MX-S Smile

I'm particularly interested in any changes in stroke or power needed for opening and power loops. I feel like I've hit the maximum power I can generate myself so I've been slowly moving through faster chinese rubbers (H2 --> TG3 --> TG3 Neo --> H3 BS). Thinking about placing an order at OOAK now I have some time off during Easter!
T05H | HL5 | TG3-60
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 4:17am
Try Omega V Asia first if you are coming from Chinese rubbers.  Better than MX-S in quite a few ways, IMO.
Cybershape Carbon
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 5:54pm
i have mx-s and h8 both on mj szlc and i will compare h8 to mx-s

speed : mx-s on mj szlc is much faster than h8 (however mx-s on my backup blade tbs is much slow compared to mx-p,5q that i used on tbs) so here the blade makes an obvious difference

spin : i think mx-s is the superior esn tensor rubbers in generating spin and eating chops as well as lifting  backspin but compared to h8 spin h8 is more spinner and more diffcult and unpredictable to your opponent

control : mx-s control is lower than h8 control due to its speed and the tack of h8 which gives h8 the upper hand in control

bouciness + short game : both are bouncy and unforgiving (and i refer this to the blade mj szlc because i don't find mx-s on tbs to be such a bouncy rubber and unforgiving in short game )

howvever mx-s is much bouncy than h8 and sensitive to incoming spin than 8 and i refer this to the blade not the rubber itself

throw angle :mx-s is lower throw than h8 however mx-s on tbs is very low throw and mx-s on mj szlc is medium throw (but still lower throw than h8)

topspin : there is a golden rule for mx-s on doing offensive strokes e.g topspin ,.... etc

if u are out of position and try to topspin the ball it will go the net with no doubt it requires arm\waist aceleration and good footwork and you will be rewarded however h8 in this aspect is lower than mx-s however still an unforgiving rubber but not the extent of mx-s

i hope this helps

MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Alwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2016 at 11:13pm
Thanks guys :)

@Nextlevel, why do you say Omega V Asia? I've heard that it's quite bouncy

@manraid, Thanks for the comparison! I haven't used H8 before, but I've read that it's similar to H3 Neo which gives me a good idea of your comparisons. Just a couple more qs:
- Is loop variation good with MX-S? e.g. with hurricane or skyline you can use just the topsheet or you can dig it into the sponge for different effects
- How low is the throw, it is even lower than even? And how is the kick of the ball after it lands on the other side after a low spinny loop?

Thanks again! 
T05H | HL5 | TG3-60
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2016 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Alwin Alwin wrote:

@manraid, Thanks for the comparison! I haven't used H8 before, but I've read that it's similar to H3 Neo which gives me a good idea of your comparisons. Just a couple more qs:
- Is loop variation good with MX-S? e.g. with hurricane or skyline you can use just the topsheet or you can dig it into the sponge for different effects
- How low is the throw, it is even lower than even? And how is the kick of the ball after it lands on the other side after a low spinny loop?

Thanks again! 

Never heard that before.  It's a good rubber.  Give it a try sometime.
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2016 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Alwin Alwin wrote:

Thanks again! 

Omega V Asia really isn't bouncy - in fact, some clubmates who have tried my setup out have initially disliked its lack of bounce, but they were used to Tenergy in the main.

Your question about loop variation and how you mention topsheet v sponge really makes me think that Omega V Asia is a good option for you.  I have a brushy stroke from spending a long time with tacky chinese rubbers as a youth and I know what you're getting at here.  Omega V Asia is the best of the non-tacky ESN rubbers that I've ever tried for this type of game
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic