Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fred at 12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fred at 12
    Posted: 04/15/2015 at 7:40pm
Another year older and still playing this game. This was us yesterday.

Sponsored Links

TT_Junkie View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 12:51pm
geez... as if I didn't feel "inadequate" enough . That's just awesome .
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 7:58pm
I'm starting to feel a bit like that also.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 8:17pm
it was an edge.

acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 12:37am
well played ! 

amazing kid ! 2 thumbs up Thumbs Up Clap
if Life is short, play Ping Pong to make it longer :P
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 1:15am
First of all, I watched all Fred's videos that you posted here since he was 10.  I loved all of them.

Second, may I suggest one thing?  As Fred gets bigger and stronger, you might want to put more power in your loops/smashes, try to breakdown Fred's timing and consistency.  This will help his game in the long run.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 1:17am
Wow, Fred is a totally amazing TT player!!! I have watched just about all of your videos with him. He just keeps getting better and better on every video!!! Good work, you must be proud of him. I know I would be if he was my kid.
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 4:13am
Thanks people.

@Fatt. There are quite a few players at a higher level than me locally, though maybe not in your US 2800 range. He has played many of them in the league over the winter. You are also right that I need to move him on to someone else to continue his progress. Just haven't found that right person yet. Hopefully over the summer he can get some practice with some of the better ones in the area and continue his progress. There are still a few things that I can do extra too of course.
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 8:14am
Thanks for sharing ... Great video
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 9:13am
Excuse me for off topic, what is the equipment of trainer ? (blade, rubbers fh,bh and thickness).
Thank you
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 9:59am
Fred uses Stiga Airoc M max on FH and Airoc S max on BH. He has a Stiga Offensive Wood NCT blade.
I use Airoc M Max on both sides of my Galaxy T-4 Blade.
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 10:11am
I'm amazed with chubby's control :P
If you loose some weight he might be playing a little bit better and faster.
The same goes to the place you're standing. Try to get closer to the table and he'll need to be faster.
Great performance overall ;)
Brett Clarke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 10:18am
JKC, Great stuff! For what it's worth, I believe you hit backhand of the session at exactly 00:56. Good luck to you both.

Cheers, Brett
Table Tennis Videos by Brett Clarke
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 10:20am
JKC ,you do a great job and I'm sure Fred will improve his game in the near future. I haven't thought someone is still playing with Off NCT, my favorite blade btw. I couldn't deal the T4 .
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 11:44am
Fred's backhand at 19 seconds is way better than mine Brett. It would have been the final shot of the video if you could see me running into the wall a little clearer for that comedy finish. It was almost out of shot though.

Thanks for your kind words too Assam, I will try to lay off the pies for a while.
As a general rule Assam, I find you get on with people better on the internet if you don't say things that you wouldn't be prepared to say to someone's face. You should try it too.
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 12:11pm
Not trying to offend you, just joking a little bit. I'm also a little chubby :P

Edited by assam - 04/17/2015 at 12:12pm
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 8:59pm

Thanks for your kind words too Assam, I will try to lay off the pies for a while.
As a general rule Assam, I find you get on with people better on the internet if you don't say things that you wouldn't be prepared to say to someone's face. You should try it too.
[/QUOTE]

Agree, he could have wrote that a lot different and made it sound more appropriate.
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 11:13pm
the panultimate question, what blade/rubbers is he using?
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 3:55am
Fred uses Stiga Airoc M max on FH and Airoc S max on BH. He has a Stiga Offensive Wood NCT blade.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 4:33am
Nice kid and good skills .

What are your plans for your boy?

play TT for hobby or get more deeply into the sport :)

ofcourse its all related to money and hard work

Good luck both of you.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 6:42am
Fred is awesome, great to see him progressing. Also great to see you sticking to it in spite of the TTE rubbish you've had to put up with. Fantastic stuff!
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Nice kid and good skills .

What are your plans for your boy?

play TT for hobby or get more deeply into the sport :)

ofcourse its all related to money and hard work

Good luck both of you.

For now, he continues and we see where he ends up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic