Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mizuno Fortius/Fortius FT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mizuno Fortius/Fortius FT
    Posted: 04/19/2015 at 12:59pm
I have seen several players in the Japanese League playing with these but the blades are very little known outside of Japan. Has anyone had the chance to try them and could give a review. Some say that the Fortius FT (and the normal Fortius maybe aswell) works very well wirth short pips.

Here are some manufacturer specs:

Fortius
head size: 157x150
thickness: 6.7 mm

Fortius FT (Fine Touch)
head size 158x150
thickness: 6.4 mm

Sponsored Links

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 4:44pm
Fortius is the same structure and thickness of BTY SK7. FT is used by Yuya Oshima (WR 57)
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 8:02pm
Impossible is really impossible
kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 8:03pm
Is using fortius ft or the regular one?
Impossible is really impossible
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 12:31am
FT
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 12:47am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Fortius is the same structure and thickness of BTY SK7. FT is used by Yuya Oshima (WR 57)

I have looked at some pictures of the plies from sk7 and korbel sk7. Although the blade as a whole may have the same thickness the individual plies are different.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Da Baobei Da Baobei wrote:

I have seen several players in the Japanese League playing with these but the blades are very little known outside of Japan. Has anyone had the chance to try them and could give a review. Some say that the Fortius FT (and the normal Fortius maybe aswell) works very well wirth short pips.

Here are some manufacturer specs:

Fortius
head size: 157x150
thickness: 6.7 mm

Fortius FT (Fine Touch)
head size 158x150
thickness: 6.4 mm

how do you know japan league pips players are using it? any video?
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 6:43am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

How do you know japan league pips players are using it? any video?

Oshima Yuya (no pips player though)

Morizono Misaki (currently using Clipper CR)

Yamanashi Yuri

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:59pm

How do you know japan league pips players are using it? any video?

Oshima Yuya (no pips player though)

Morizono Misaki (currently using Clipper CR)

Yamanashi Yuri

do you know any top cpen players playing with short pips in the japan league beside tasaki and tasei?
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2015 at 7:21am

do you know any top cpen players playing with short pips in the japan league beside tasaki and tasei?

No sorry, but I will tell you if I come across any
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2015 at 2:22pm
Fortius FT looks nice:

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Fortius FT looks nice:

same structure as DHS 08, very uncommon
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 5:12am

Bought one with ST handle. We'll see how it plays.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 7:10am
Looks very nice! Any ideas what the plies are?

Edited by Giangt - 08/15/2015 at 7:10am
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 9:40am
Limba Ayous Ayous Ayous Ayous Ayous Limba
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 9:42am

Limba Ayous Ayous Ayous Ayous Ayous Limba
+1 Thanks for confirming?

Edited by Giangt - 08/15/2015 at 9:43am
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 10:44am
It looks like the Fortius FT has a very similar composition to the Xiom Extreme S blade.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 12:12pm
Another nice Clipper-like blade.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 8:21pm

why there is no more blades with the same structure?
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 9:59pm

why there is no more blades with the same structure?
Because there are already too many Clipper-like blades.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 3:33pm
The Fortius FT's composition is actually different than the Clipper's, beyond the fact it's limba outer and ayous inner. The plies are of even thicknesses, whereas the Clipper's aren't ― it's two thin plies under the top, then three thick ones. The FT is also thinner at 6.4mm.

I was looking at pictures and it's quite interesting. The Korbel SK7 core is two thin, two thick, then a thinner core. The Extreme S, Yasaka Overdrive and P700 are like the Clipper, with two thin, three thick plies. This doesn't tell the whole story as other factors come into play, like the relative and absolute thicknesses, the glue, the treatment of the plies. But it's interesting, I hadn't taken the time to check this before.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

The Fortius FT's composition is actually different than the Clipper's, beyond the fact it's limba outer and ayous inner. The plies are of even thicknesses, whereas the Clipper's aren't ― it's two thin plies under the top, then three thick ones. The FT is also thinner at 6.4mm.

I was looking at pictures and it's quite interesting. The Korbel SK7 core is two thin, two thick, then a thinner core. The Extreme S, Yasaka Overdrive and P700 are like the Clipper, with two thin, three thick plies. This doesn't tell the whole story as other factors come into play, like the relative and absolute thicknesses, the glue, the treatment of the plies. But it's interesting, I hadn't taken the time to check this before.

the Extreme S has a more solid feeling than Clipper. When I looked at the ply structure of my Extreme S it looked very similar to the Fortius FT
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 10:10am

I have seen several players in the Japanese League playing with these but the blades are very little known outside of Japan.

Who besides Oshima?
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 12:17pm
I posted pictures...
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 12:27pm
nobody else on the mens side?
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 12:37pm
Nope, they almost exlusively use bty composites
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

the Extreme S has a more solid feeling than Clipper. When I looked at the ply structure of my Extreme S it looked very similar to the Fortius FT

pitty there is no cpen version
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

pitty there is no cpen version

Just checked again and it seems that Bran is right after all.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 6:19am
nobody tried yet?
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 8:30am
I've played with it 2-3 hours. Good blade. Thick St handle. Solid, Medium feel. Haven't played with a Clipper in 5 years so I can't compare.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic