Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Power 9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Power 9
    Posted: 04/20/2015 at 7:38am

Hello friends. Does anyone have any information about this blade, a review or something to help me understand it's characteristics? I found a very old one to a collector and I intend to use it for a while but I cannot find a review, the wood structure, some opinions etc.  I intend to play Raystorm on BH and probably Tenergy 05 on FH. Thanks in advance!

former tester and collector, now just player
Sponsored Links

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 9:40am
A Guess at the German Forum has been:

2 plies Limba - 5 plies Abachi - 2 plies Rosewood
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 9:57am
Wow... it seems a very interesting composition... Did you, or anyone else, have the chance to test it?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 10:45am
I did, long time ago. It's worth to remember.
If you have one, you should sell it for money and buy a new hi-end blade for better performance.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 11:44am
@chop4ever
Do you think recent blades are better? Could you compare P9 to other actual blades for ex. TB ALC that I see you are using now? Tks
taninu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taninu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:59pm
Sorry for the horrible picture but this was what I used to play with but can't remember the feel anymore

CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 2:13pm
Oh, don't say it's horrible, in think the picture is super nice, in a very special light.
But don't you remember nothing about this blade? Any clue would be highly appreciated...      

Edited by CornelTT - 04/20/2015 at 2:15pm
taninu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taninu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 2:21pm
Being EJ with so many recent blades (super this, super that), all I can remember was that it felt hard. Though, may be because I recently tested the Super ZJK, Super MJ. Sorry, that is all I can recall.
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 5:29pm
Thank you taninu... I appreciate your effort to remember

Edited by CornelTT - 04/20/2015 at 5:30pm
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by CornelTT CornelTT wrote:

@chop4ever
Do you think recent blades are better? Could you compare P9 to other actual blades for ex. TB ALC that I see you are using now? Tks

Due to my taste, I prefer modern ALC or ZLC blades.
It recall me 20-30 years ago, the day of P9, P7 and Mazumov, both Off+. Actually they are all different but very common those days when the first light of ALC blades emerged and too expensive to afford.

As I remember, P9 is more flex than P7 and Mazunov. It has strange feeling therefore it wasn't in favorite of us. If you play close to the table, fast game which is mainly drive, smash and shot, you would prefer P7. If you play powerful loop-drive in mid-distance then you would prefer P5. The P9 is somewhat between P5 and P7, for control and spin game but the problem is it still too fast. By the evolution of AL and ALC blades, the name P9 had been overwritten therefore BTY had stop producing it quickly.

IMHO, P9 has a great value for collector but I could not swap my TBS to play it again.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2015 at 4:19am
Thanks chop4ever .. So kind of you to give me all these informations. Respect!
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2015 at 9:58am
I know that blade quite well coz my British friend was playing with it for a long time. In fact it's not a real OFF+ for modern TT. It's a really thin blade with average speed and lots of flex. I was comparing to my old Violin and I would rate around the same speed.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2015 at 5:20pm
@jonyer1980
Is it really so slow, comparable to Violin that I find quite slow?

Edited by CornelTT - 04/21/2015 at 5:21pm
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2015 at 6:12pm
I don't think it's in the OFF range nowadays. I would rate Off- at most. As far as I remember thickness should be around 5.5mm at most....

Edited by jonyer1980 - 04/21/2015 at 6:16pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2015 at 4:17pm
Thhank you for the information jonyer1980
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic